Dark/Evil Tw Devices

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dark/Evil Tw Devices

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Well just wondering if any people come up with dark/evil techno wizard devices.

Example:
TW P.P.E. and M.D. Energy Generator.
General Description: This device large device that when placed at a ley-line will generate P.P.E. and large amount of electrical energy.
Dark/Evil. Reason requires a mage to be placed in a coffin like device that use charm to control and make the person willing to give up energy.
Requires: Sorcerous Fury, charm or maybe Ensorcel(depends on how you look at it), and Temporal Spell Suspended Animation and a mage placed inside.
Activation Cost: 110. After words it generate 25 p.p.e per 15 secs. Large amount of Energy enough to recharge e-clips in 15 secs or less.

Though I guess if you don't force the person in this wouldn't be that evil. In fact some version I used with additional heal device that would save up and cast either super-healing or restoration or other useful magic.
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Re: Dark/Evil Tw Devices

Unread post by mercedogre »

A devise placed at a ley line to generate PPE? isn't PPE available from the ley line? why would a devise be needed? maybe im lost on something
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Evil Magic devices.....Look in the Through the Glass Darkly book and upone the Cyber-mage OCC, if you want a evil device maker mage. There is also a Necro Tech (& Techno Shifter) in R 13.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

The necro-tech in rifter 13 . tw's that use dead bodies rather than gems.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

mercedogre wrote:A devise placed at a ley line to generate PPE? isn't PPE available from the ley line? why would a devise be needed? maybe im lost on something

Well in truth this device was made before the RUE came out. So the P.P.E. rules where much slower then. Still I like the double effect or even in my villians made/installed many of them in a old understand secret military base(10 per melee good, but 600 per melee is better). So he had many mages trapped in these devices.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Make a Ley Line powered TW device based on Energy Sphere. Depending on your GM, it would instantly fill up to the device level max... a level 5 device would have 500 PPE for 10 days per activation.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Mouser13 wrote:
mercedogre wrote:A devise placed at a ley line to generate PPE? isn't PPE available from the ley line? why would a devise be needed? maybe im lost on something

Well in truth this device was made before the RUE came out. So the P.P.E. rules where much slower then. Still I like the double effect or even in my villians made/installed many of them in a old understand secret military base(10 per melee good, but 600 per melee is better). So he had many mages trapped in these devices.

I don't see why RUE would matter, RMB had Ley Line Powered devices to.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

ShadowLogan wrote:
Mouser13 wrote:

I don't see why RUE would matter, RMB had Ley Line Powered devices to.

Well I guess it comes down to I never seen a device that allows to harness leyline for P.P.E. IT always for some other prop oven very limited(TW flying board). Ie never direct access p.p.e that can be used for any purpose(I love talismans, scrolls, Dimensional Portals).

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”