A few questions about making an Momano Headhunter.

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

A few questions about making an Momano Headhunter.

Unread post by SpiritKitsune7 »

Which psychic o.c.c should I pick? Zapper or the Nega-Psychic? Should I take the Pume race from the Aliens Unlimited Revised book, from page 101? if I take the Pume race do I get the free super psionics power every level from the race?
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: A few questions about making an Momano Headhunter.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Pretty sure OCC supersedes your racial abilities in this case.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Well first you would need your GM to approve taking a Pume as your race with a Rifts Earth geographic OCC.
If that is kosher, then I would treat the racial psi as if you were a Mind-Melter for purposes of becoming a Momano.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SpiritKitsune7 wrote:Which psychic o.c.c should I pick? Zapper or the Nega-Psychic? Should I take the Pume race from the Aliens Unlimited Revised book, from page 101? if I take the Pume race do I get the free super psionics power every level from the race?

What PCC powers set you pick as part of your char is your choice, and I am not touching that question any further.

If you chose the Pume race (with your GM's approval of the race and the CC) then you would create the char as you would for playing HU2 but leaving out the education section. Then give the char the MH OCC. No modifications to the psionic powers of the race other then what is normal for getting cybernetics and bionics.

However, You could go about it from the HU2 route and just make the char as an Alien & choosing the Puma race. and then having it be a bionics char that just happens to have bought techno-magic bionics equivalent (in both abilities and prices) to those listed MH TW bionics.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

SpiritKitsune7 wrote:Which psychic o.c.c should I pick? Zapper or the Nega-Psychic? Should I take the Pume race from the Aliens Unlimited Revised book, from page 101? if I take the Pume race do I get the free super psionics power every level from the race?

Nega Psychic is a good synergy if you want to fight demons as a momano headhunter, zapper is a personal preference over burster due to having Super TK which is great for throwing enemies around.

If you pick Pume, you cannot be a momano headhunter, period. It lists explictly what classes are available to them: Mystic, mind bleeder, mind melter, wilderness scout, or rouge scholar. They cannot pick a headhunter, so they can't pick any headhunter variants either.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”