Newly Invented Psionics:

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Re: Invented Psionics:

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see New ones.

I got one summon inner speed.
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Re: Newly Invented Psionics:

Unread post by Levi »

There are few new RCCs in the Rifters. In Rifter 25 check out Enthralled. This article has the Initiative Warrior (Psi-knight sort of), Enthraller (Mind control), Kinetic Master (TK master), and a super sensitive.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Energy Leech (Super Psionic)

Needs: Electrokinesis, telemechanics, restore p.p.e.

Cost: 25 I.S.P. (but may well be worth it)

This power enables the Psychic to physically drain electrical energy and convert it into I.S.P. Essentially, the I.S.P. can be regenerated VERY quickly. The down side it that this power damages the character draining H.P./M.D.C during the conversion process and may also reduce saves against psionic attacks.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Syndicate
Adventurer

Mind of the machice (super psionics)

Cost: 30 I.S.P.
Duration: 5 mins per level

Needs: telemechanics, mind bond, total recall

To use this ability, the character must touch and hold onto a computer. He gains the calculating processes of a computer for the duration of this power. +4 initiative, 95% Math adv:, multi-tasking, (other things you guys would like to add).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Deleted
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Syndicate
Adventurer

Ectoplasmic Entanglement (physical...the super version works on robotic + strength)

Cost: 15 I.S.P. + 2 per point of P.S. beyond 17
Duration: 1 min. per level
range: 10 ft per level

Basically, ectoplasm shoots towards the victim and ensnares them. The opponent can attempt to dodge the initial attack (tendrils are +4 to strike), and they can attempt to escape each action (tendrils are +6 to entangle, escape artist skill can be used but at -20%). If the character normal or enhanced P.S. exceeds 17 extra I.S.P. must be expended.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Not sure where I got this, if I wrote it or what, but it's in my book.

Psychic Mirage (Super Psionic Power)
Range: 120 feet; size of illusion is 3 square feet per level
Duration: One minute per level
I.S.P. cost: 40
Saving Throw: Standard
Effect: Powerful illusion that affects all the senses. The illusion will move and act out any mental command given it by its creator, and will fool the ears, sense of smell, sense of touch and the pain centers of those who face it. Illusionary damage will not be permanent,though people who think they have been killed will fall into unconsciousness.

Mental Illusion, PFRPG, page 176.

....but I like your version better... :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Deleted
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I should have more psionics to post, so I will look when I get home.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

TrumbachD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I should have more psionics to post, so I will look when I get home.

Thanks Man.
For a while I thought this would wind up as another of my "threads to nowhere", glad to see so much recent interest :-o

If I know Stone Gargoyle, which I do, if you crank out enough of these he will get Nimmy to sticky it for you. Just get it rolling so you get a regular group of posters.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Deleted
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Here is another one I hope I created, cause I would have to be taking credit for someone else's work or reprinting something I shouldn't. Hopefully I didn't kipe it from Nightbane, but if I did, let me know so I can take it down.

Astral Transference (Super Psionic Power)
Prerequisite: Astral Projection
Range: Self
Duration: One hour per level
Saving Throw: None
I.S.P.: 15
This ability transforms the character's body into an astral construct, similar to an astral being or entity, and able to travel in the astral plane. Unlike normal astral projection, the entire body of the character is transformed into energy, so the body is not left behind and the duration for astral travel is much greater.

Ummm....is this a test?!?

Nightbane: Between the Shadows, page 113.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Read Structural Integrity (RSI) (the super version works on living creatures)
-Sensitive Power-
Cost: 10 I.S.P.
Duration: 3 mins per level
Range: Line of sight

Activating the power enables the psychic to view weak points in an objects structure. Be it mechanical or otherwise, any inanimate object can be "scanned" for weaknesses (assuming it has any). The more complex the object, the longer the psychic has to stare to learn of its weaknesses. Effectively, the character can now make "critical" hits against the object with melee and ranged weapons (19 or higher on a modified roll) as well as knowing which type of attack is best to use.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Deleted
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syndicate
Adventurer

See Through My Eyes or "Shared Perception"
-Sensitive power-
Range: 1000 feet per level of experience
Number affected: 2 per level
Saving Throw: standard

The psychic can pick up to (2) individuals per level of experience that he can share his current sight with. Those chosen (assuming they allow the psychic, or fail their saving throw) are linked with his sight up 1000 + feet away (initially the psychic must be within 3ft of the chosen to link the power). (2) psychics with this power can view each others sight up to 2 miles per level!
Last edited by Syndicate on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Syndicate wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Here is another one I hope I created, cause I would have to be taking credit for someone else's work or reprinting something I shouldn't. Hopefully I didn't kipe it from Nightbane, but if I did, let me know so I can take it down.

Astral Transference (Super Psionic Power)
Prerequisite: Astral Projection
Duration: One hour per level
This ability transforms the character's body into an astral construct, similar to an astral being or entity, and able to travel in the astral plane. Unlike normal astral projection, the entire body of the character is transformed into energy, so the body is not left behind and the duration for astral travel is much greater.

Ummm....is this a test?!?

Nightbane: Between the Shadows, page 113.

No, just me being confused. Thanks for looking that up.

You're welcome...I've got a whole lot of nothing to do...so... :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am going to have to verify my sources before posting more to avoid doing that. I really had no intention to, and should have realized that it looked like one of the Nightbane ones. Since I did custom stuff based on the Nightbane stuff, I had thought it was one of those.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am going to have to verify my sources before posting more to avoid doing that. I really had no intention to, and should have realized that it looked like one of the Nightbane ones. Since I did custom stuff based on the Nightbane stuff, I had thought it was one of those.

I'm glad to see that you're posting here at all. I love psychics, and it's refreshing to see others who are interested as well. Finding a power that hasn't been created previously is quite challenging. For me, it's easy to just take something that already exists and "tweek" it...as others have put it. Your first post was exactly that...so you're only at strike one... :lol:
Last edited by Syndicate on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Re: Invented Psionics:

TrumbachD wrote:
gaby wrote:I like to see New ones.

I got one summon inner speed.

Great idea! maybe some kind of Bio-Feedback type of adrenaline boost to that specific attribute.
I'm guessing it would be in the 'Physical' Category.
But How many ISP? What would the duration be? Could it be transmitted by touch or strictly for the user?

Hmm...
Summon Inner speed or "Accelerate"
-physical-
Recommended: summon inner strength or resist fatigue
Cost: (varies) 10+
Duration: 2 mins. per level

Following 30 seconds of concentration (instant after 4th level) the character can increase his running speed substantially. (10) to gain 10 points in speed + 1 I.S.P. per 5 points after that. This power fuels the body but does not maintain it thus this power creates tremendous physical stress (it is recommended to use Summon inner strength or resist fatigue before using this power). Otherwise the psychic will suffer 1D4 point of P.E. "drain" for every 10 points of additional speed per minute of running (the faster you go...the more serious the consequence). Friction/gravity becomes a problem should the character reach a speed of 123 + (2 points of S.D.C damage per minute...good to have extra from Summon inner strength...armor doesn't help against the stress).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Okay, this one SHOULD be original.

Telelocation (sensitive)

Range: 120 foot diameter
Duration: Two minutes per level
Saving Throw: Unwilling targets can try to resist detection by making a saving throw vs.psionics with a -4 penalty
I.S.P. cost: 10
The character can locate individuals by their psychic signature. The person must be familiar to the character to work best. This will allow the character to "see" people in total darkness or adjoining rooms. This is different from presence sense as it will only work on one person at a time, but it gives knowledge of distance and intervening obstacles.

Success Table:
A well known person or family member 99%
A person met only a few times 88%
A person only seen once 50%, +1% per level
A person never met but using a photo or other personal item 38%
A person totally unknown No chance
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Okay, this one SHOULD be original.

Telelocation (sensitive)

I.S.P. cost: 4
The character can locate individuals by their psychic signature. The person must be familiar to the character to work best. This will allow the character to "see" people in total darkness or adjoining rooms. This is different from presence sense as it will only woork on one person at a time, but it gives knowledge of distance and intervening obstacles.

Success Table:

Thumbs up...but...

We might need to crank the cost up just a bit (maybe 8-10), and allow at least a partial saving throw (maybe minus -4) for all those player cry-babies... :)
Syndicate
Adventurer

One of my favorite things to do...

Combination powers

Psi-Sword
+pyrokinesis = Psi-Fire blade (plus 3D6 to psi-sword damage), and 60% chance of catching combustibles on fire.
+electrokinesis = Psi-Shock blade (plus 2D6 to psi-sword damage), and 65% of shorting electronics.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Syndicate wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Okay, this one SHOULD be original.

Telelocation (sensitive)

I.S.P. cost: 4
The character can locate individuals by their psychic signature. The person must be familiar to the character to work best. This will allow the character to "see" people in total darkness or adjoining rooms. This is different from presence sense as it will only woork on one person at a time, but it gives knowledge of distance and intervening obstacles.

Success Table:

Thumbs up...but...

We might need to crank the cost up just a bit (maybe 8-10), and allow at least a partial saving throw (maybe minus -4) for all those player cry-babies... :)

Okay, I adjusted it.
Syndicate
Adventurer

(Expanded Bio-Manipulation)
Requires: Bio-Manipulation
Duration: (varies)
Cost: (varies)

-Float: makes the character more bouyant and capable of swimming easier (+20% or 50% if not known)

-Toughen: Take 1 hit point and converts it into 25 S.D.C. (doesn't work if you're M.D.C.)

-Regenerate: Basically "healing touch" but for the psychic (faster healing over time)

-Slow breathing: can hold breath for 8 minutes per level
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I originally posted this to one of the Steampunk threads.

Mentally Possess Robot
Super Psionic Power
Range: Touch
Duration: 5 minutes per level
I.S.P. cost: 30
The master psionics can completely take over and control a robot. While in the robot, he cannot access any of its data, retaining his own mind only, nor alter any of its programming.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Syndicate
Adventurer

Gryphon Chick wrote:I originally posted this to one of the Steampunk threads.

Mentally Possess Robot
Super Psionic Power
The master psionics can completely take over and control a robot. While in the robot, he cannot access any of its data, retaining his own mind only, nor alter any of its programming.

???

Does this work similar to Telemechanic Possession (pg. 105 GM guide)?
Yours costs less and lasts longer...but...the book version has range...
Syndicate
Adventurer

Push Field
(physical power)
Cost: 8 I.S.P.
duration: 1 melee round per level
Needs: telekinesis (regular)

The power constantly generates a telekinetic "push" field that forces the character away from physical attacks (only HTH, but a psychic with Super telekinesis can use it against ranged attacks as well). You are granted a +8 to all "roll" attempts and you automatically try to roll with every punch/fall/impact. *note* the field is strong enough to repel light objects as well (7-10 pounds or 15-25 pounds super). Any attempts to grab for a light object forces that object away from you (better have that pistol already drawn or strapped tightly to your body!)
Syndicate
Adventurer

Transmit vitality
(healing)
Cost: 20 I.S.P. each use
duration: Instant
Range: touch

Using the power allows the player to pull 1 person's (per level of experience) hit points (or M.D.C. if the receiving is an M.D.C. creature....but doesn't work either way for a creature of magic or the supernatural) and give it to another injured person. The "givers" place their hands on the psychic and each person can "donate" up to 4 points per level of the psychic (must have at least 40% of the health left).
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

raise bread
isp needed-35
basically does what it says it does
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:raise bread
isp needed-35

How much dough would this affect at a time?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Syndicate wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:I originally posted this to one of the Steampunk threads.

Mentally Possess Robot
Super Psionic Power

???

Does this work similar to Telemechanic Possession (pg. 105 GM guide)?
Yours costs less and lasts longer...but...the book version has range...

It looks to me like the touch range is to transfer consciousness, so touch would work. I think the range is the trade-off for the reduced cost.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Syndicate wrote:One of my favorite things to do...

Combination powers

Psi-Sword
+pyrokinesis = Psi-Fire blade (plus 3D6 to psi-sword damage), and 60% chance of catching combustibles on fire.
+electrokinesis = Psi-Shock blade (plus 2D6 to psi-sword damage), and 65% of shorting electronics.

Good idea.How about adding other powers as well, like Bio-Manipulation or Telemechanic Paralysis? Heck,why not both? You take out the power armor and the pilot with one hit...non-lethally.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Channeled different Psi-powers through the Psi-sword will make a good ability

How type pf psi-abilities do you think can wokr with this?
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:raise bread
isp needed-35

How much dough would this affect at a time?
basically 12 pounds per level.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

Combination powers

Psi-Sword

I would rather see the Psionic Fireblade/Electricity Blade do -1D6 MD (even -2D6) from what a normal Sword does, but instead give them special abilities:

Electricity:
50% +2%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of stunning people that fail a save vs Psi (making them lose next action)
36% +4%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of parrying shots from Laser weapons
30% +3%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance to deflect the Laser to another target if successful parry.
62% +2%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of shorting out electronic devices that are not protected.

Fire:
50% +2%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of giving severe burn damage to those who fail a save vs Psi (Roll save vs Come Death +35%) or be stunned from the burning pain
46% +4%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of parrying shots from Plasma weapons
20% +6%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance to deflect the plasma blast to another target if successful parry.
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

Psionic Hive Mind

Category: Sensative

The Psionic is able to build up a "hive mind" among his friends and allies, which all of them be aware of what the induviduals see, hear, feel and experience. However there is a small chance that if someone goes down from massive trauma and/or chock, that the rest of the "hive" will be shocked. Also, this hive mind only works on willing subjects and will transcend any language barriers, making all the people within the hivemind to be able to understand eachother, regardless how good they are with languages.

Bonus: All within the hive mind gets +2 Perception, + 5% Detect Ambush/Concealment and +2 Initative
Notes: If someone goes down while in the hivemind, all must roll save vs Coma/Death +50% +3%/Lvl to avoid going into chock and faint. If the invoker of this power goes down, the roll is at -30%, but the mind will last out the duration.

ISP: 35
Duration: 1 minute per level
Limitations: Self and two others, and an additional +1 person per level
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Syndicate wrote:See Through My Eyes or "Shared Perception"
-Sensitive power-

The psychic can pick up to (2) individuals per level of experience that he can share his current sight with. Those chosen (assuming they allow the psychic, or fail their saving throw) are linked with his sight up 1000 + feet away (initially the psychic must be within 3ft of the chosen to link the power). (2) psychics with this power can view each others sight up to 2 miles per level!

This is simular to how I wrote Shared Perception in Rifter 25. The psychic could use this multiple times to share perception with multiple people.

Shared Perception
Range: 120 (37 m) feet.
Duration: 1 minute per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
This psionic power gives the psychic the ability to share his perception with someone else or spy on someone else’s perception. This sharing of perception includes all sensory input. The other person also perceives what ever the person whose perception is being shared out sees, hears, smells, touches, or tastes. This power can be incredibly useful for spying or sharing information with allies. Victims of this power whose perception is being shared out to the psychic will feel as if someone is watching or looking over their shoulder.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Dunia wrote:

Combination powers

Psi-Sword

I would rather see the Psionic Fireblade/Electricity Blade do -1D6 MD (even -2D6) from what a normal Sword does, but instead give them special abilities:

Electricity:
50% +2%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of stunning people that
fail a save vs Psi (making them lose next action)

I think your ideas are superb. Much better revision of my suggestion. Perhaps we can create beantiful "music" together.
36% +4%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of parrying shots from Laser weapons
30% +3%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance to deflect the Laser to another target if successful parry.
62% +2%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of shorting out electronic devices that are not protected.

Fire:
50% +2%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of giving severe burn damage to those who fail a save vs Psi (Roll save vs Come Death +35%) or be stunned from the burning pain
46% +4%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance of parrying shots from Plasma weapons
20% +6%/additional D6 (as the psisword damage inceases) chance to deflect the plasma blast to another target if successful parry.
Syndicate
Adventurer

My above post was obviously a failure in technological commnications...AND I forgot what I wanted to say.
:o
Syndicate
Adventurer

Levi wrote:
Syndicate wrote:See Through My Eyes or "Shared Perception"
-Sensitive power-

This is simular to how I wrote Shared Perception in Rifter 25. The psychic could use this multiple times to share perception with multiple people.

Shared Perception
Range: 120 (37 m) feet.
Duration: 1 minute per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
This psionic power gives the psychic the ability to share his perception with someone else or spy on someone else’s perception. This sharing of perception includes all sensory input. The other person also perceives what ever the person whose perception is being shared out sees, hears, smells, touches, or tastes. This power can be incredibly useful for spying or sharing information with allies. Victims of this power whose perception is being shared out to the psychic will feel as if someone is watching or looking over their shoulder.

Hey....you're right!

Damn bad memory!

(this is a repost....)

Sorry Levi! :o
Syndicate
Adventurer

Oh...and Rifter #25's Psionic powers and classes were awesome BTW! :D

I've made sure to bring that Rifter with me for every Rifts session. (most ppl already know I'm a psionics fan)
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I have fallen in love with the Bio-manipulation powers that psychics have. So awhile back I started work on a Burster style Bio-psychic. I never finished it, and now I can't find it. So I may have to bring it back. I thought I was the only one who liked psychics :?:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The following was developed for my Zeta Reticuli Greys thread, but I thought I'd share it here as well:

Grey Alien Psionic Powers

Alien Telepathy
Range: 50 feet
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience
Saving Throw: None vs.sound, standard vs. psionics for illusion of appearance of speaking
ISP cost: 6
This form of telepathy creates the illusion that the alien is speaking in the person's language (complete with mouth movements) and the telepath must have gained knowledge of the language to use this. It allows 2-way communication between the telepath and a member of an alien race. It does not work as standard telepathy, however, as the thoughts are broadcast as sound in the person's language.
Greys will use this to give the illusion they are actually speaking when in negotiation with those not of their world.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

*Inner Beast(Super)
This power unleashes the inner animal said to exist within all of us; the primordial killer that comes out when flight is impossible, and reason futile. The power projects an ectoplasmic construct that typically appears as a glowing, unearthly avatar of the person’s rage; typically a mythical animal, monster, berserker warrior, or sinister spector, that attacks anything(or perceived as) threatening the psychic, with psi-claws or psi-blades. While the Inner Beast runs rampant, the projecting psychic is reduced to passivity; unable to do much beyond cowering in a corner. Because of its primordial, instinctual, nature, the Inner Beast will attack ANYTHING that it/the psychic perceives as threatening to them, including friends or allies who are standing too close(it’s a wise ideas to get the heck AWAY from a psychic unleashing their Inner Beast, or at least out of sight).
Range: 100 ft +20 ft per level of experience
Effects:
The Inner Beast effectively has DOUBLE the number of attacks as the psychic, TRIPLE the psychic’s Speed, Horror Factor 10, +1 to initiative, and DOUBLE any bonuses to Strike(+1). It attacks with the equivalent of a Psi-Blade, doing 4d6+1d6 per level of experience, and CAN do damage to Astral beings. It possesses 3,000 SDC/30 MDC, and, being a psionic construct, the Inner Beast is effectively IMMUNE to physical attacks, including energy weapons, and takes HALF damage from magic, but is vulnerable to psionic attacks
While the Inner Beast is loose, the psychic is reduced to 1 APM, and CANNOT take offensive action; NO Initiative or Strike bonuses, and HALF any bonuses to Parry/Dodge. Essentially the aggressive part of their mind is running the psychic berserker.
Duration: 1 minute per level of experience
Saving Throw: None; run like hell.
ISP Cost: 45
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Syndicate
Adventurer

Duplicate and project energy:
(Super)
I.S.P: 30
Duration: 1D4 melees per level
Range: self (or one other by touch but at double the cost)/range of weapon +100 feet per level
Saving throw: none/standard (others if they resist)

While limited to lasers, plasma weapons, partial beams, and ion rays this power allows the psychic to mimic those energies. The psychic must make physical contact with the weapon (not an e-clip) and concentrate for 15 seconds (instant after 4th level) to duplicate the energy source. Damage is the same as the weapon, but the psychic cannot fire bursts. The blasts always come from the eyes, and any damage that is greater than 1D6x10 is unwieldly (30% chance of doing 1/3 damage to anyone/thing within 10'). These shots are powered by the psychic (and the initial I.S.P. investment), but can fire no more than 5 shots per level (regardless of the level of damage).
Last edited by Syndicate on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Eliminate
(super)
**special--psychic cannot be of Principled or scrupulous alignment**
I.S.P. 45
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: -4 (special--other psychics still have to save as a non-psychic!)
Needs: psychic surgery, and bio-manipulation

Similar to the palladium power of "catatonic strike" this power enable the psychic to kill with a touch (only works on living creatures). The psychic willingly attempts to turn the victim's body against itself (rupturing internal organs, stopping vital functions, and destroying bones). He/she feels every dying moment while the victim helplessly struggles, bleeds, chokes, vomits, convulses, and finally dies. It takes 15 seconds for the victim to die, but the psychic must hold and concentrate the entire time. Bare skin must be exposed/touched, and if the psychic is interrupted during the attack the victim still suffers 1D6x10 S.D.C. and hit point damage (or 3D4x10 +5 if M.D.C.). Works against the supernatural was well, but they are not incapacitated (-2 on all combat bonuses, 1/2 strength drained, and -2 attacks per melee), and can break free.
taalismn
Priest

Some good stuff here.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Syndicate
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Some good stuff here.... :D

...Agreed... :D
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stasis (healing)
I.S.P.: 8
Duration: 4 hours (plus 1 hour per additional 3 I.S.P.)
Saving Throw: standard (if unwilling)

The psychic basically places someone in a healing stasis until they can be transported to formal facility. This is a non-combat oriented power, and as such cannot be used in combat. Anyone in a critical condition can be placed under the influence of this power to freeze the body (or rather preserve it) in the current condition (preventing further damage).

**note: basically Death Trance but usable on others.**
taalismn
Priest

*Assimilate Psi-Talent(Super)
Effects: This power is a facet of a highly flexible mind; it allows the psychic to experience another psionic power and copy it temporarily for their own use. To acquire the power, the psychic must either be on the receiving end of the psionic power and make a successful save against it(or, in the case of attack powers that have no save, must equal or better the attacker’s strike roll...as well as survive the attack), or be touching the psychic using the desired power while they are using it.
The copying psychic acquires the power and can use it at the same level of power as it was used, and with the same ISP cost.
Example: Lyoness Atchison, MindMelter Extraordinaire, gets attacked with a BioManipulation attack by a rogue psyker...She makes her saving throw versus the attack, but decides to copy the attack and throw it back at her assailant. Acquiring the power costs her 25 ISP; henceforth, using it will cost her 10 ISP per use.
This power is occasionally accompanied by mild headaches (25% chance, and -5% to skills for the duration of the power +1d6 melees) or nosebleeds and hemorrhaging into the eyes(20% chance, -1 Hit Point, recover as normal), as the psychic’s nervous system essentially rebuilds itself when assimilating a new power.
Duration: The psychic can retain the power for as many melees as they have M.E. points, after which they lose the power.
The psychic can choose to make the copied power PERMANENT, but doing so costs the permanent loss of 1 ME(or 2 MA) for a Minor psionic power, double that for a Super.
ISP Cost: 25
Note: Does NOT work on class-exclusive powers.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”