Newly Invented Psionics:

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Newly Invented Psionics:

Unread post by taalismn »

gmapprentice wrote:does this power work on class-exclusive psionic powers?

No, just general category powers....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

taalismn wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:does this power work on class-exclusive psionic powers?

No, just general category powers....

Wow...that's a useful ability. You should submit this to a rifter.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Grey Alien Psionic Powers
To clarify this I have edited it:

Alien Telepathy
Range: 50 feet
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience
Saving Throw: Standard save vs. psionics; a successful save means that the recipient is still able to hear and understand the message but will not be fooled by the appearance of speech. Loud sounds and Mind Blocks will block the message completely.
ISP cost: 6
This form of telepathy creates the illusion that the alien is speaking in the person's language (complete with mouth movements) and the telepath must have become fluent in their knowledge of the language to use this. It allows 2-way communication between the Grey telepath and a member of an alien race and is exclusive to their race. It does not work as standard telepathy, as the thoughts are broadcast as sound in the person's language.
Greys will use this to give the illusion they are actually speaking when in negotiation with those not of their world.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Syndicate
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Grey Alien Psionic Powers

Alien Telepathy
Saving Throw: Standard save vs. psionics; a successful save means that the recipient is still able to hear and understand the message but will not be fooled by the appearance of speech. Loud sounds and Mind Blocks will block the message completely.
This form of telepathy creates the illusion that the alien is speaking in the person's language (complete with mouth movements) and the telepath must have become fluent in their knowledge of the language to use this. It allows 2-way communication between the Grey telepath and a member of an alien race and is exclusive to their race. It does not work as standard telepathy, as the thoughts are broadcast as sound in the person's language.
Greys will use this to give the illusion they are actually speaking when in negotiation with those not of their world.

Where can I find more information on this "grey" telepath?
taalismn
Priest

Syndicate wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Grey Alien Psionic Powers

Alien Telepathy

Where can I find more information on this "grey" telepath?

Check out Stone Gragoyle's thread under Heroes Unlimited on Reticulan 'Grey' Aliens...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=108897
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Mega Meditation
Category: Super/Master
Requiements: None
Range: Self Only
Duration: As Needed
I.S.P. Cost: None
Effect: Master Psychics regain I.S.P.'s at a higher rate of speed with this truly advanced technique. While meditating regain 15 + Level I.S.P. per Hour.
This supersedes the Class' original Meditation rate of recovery.

Increased Psychic Potential
Duration: Permanent
Effect: Gain additional I.S.P. when this Power is chosen. Gain (ME + Level) I.S.P. ! So A Mind Melter who takes this Power at, say 4th Level, gains his ME (19 in this example) + his Level (4th) for a Total gain of 23 I.S.P. ! When this character gets to be 5th Level he will gain 11 I.S.P. (10 for a Mind Melter going up in Level + 1 more from this Power). NOTE: THIS POWER CAN ONLY BE CHOSEN ONCE!!!
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
taalismn
Priest

Like how that ISP booster power takes up a Super slot...Good limitation!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Syndicate
Adventurer

Project Sentience (sensitive power)

Prerequisits: telepathy and empathy
I.S.P.: 15
Duration: 30 minutes per level
Range: touch
Saving throw: standard (with limitations given to animals)

This power only works on ordinary (s.d.c.) animals. The psychic duplicates and splits part of his own intelligence and imparts it upon an animal. The animal gains an I.Q. score equal to the psychic -3 (same I.Q. at 6th level or higher) with the psychic "copied" within the creature (mentally). Although intelligent, the animal cannot speak (unless its a trained parrot) nor perform a task/skill impossible for the animal (i.e. a bird cannot drive a car). Since the psychic is now in two places at once he is slightly penalized on both ends (-2 initiative, -1 on all other combat bonues, -2 perception, -15% on skills). No limit to how far the creature can move away from the psychic. Since the mind has been duplicated (they are not one) the psychic must "tell" the creature what he wishes (he's basically just talking to himself), and if the psychic is selfish or evil...he might just ignore himself! Likewise the animal must find a way to communicate back.
taalismn
Priest

"Cat got your tongue?"
"Nope...got part of my brain, though..."
"Yeah, the BETTER part, obviously..."
"I didn't ask you."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Syndicate
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:"Cat got your tongue?"
"I didn't ask you."

GMs have to have fun too...right?!?..... :D
taalismn
Priest

Syndicate wrote:
"I didn't ask you."

"Great...now that I'm smarter, I can appreciate that you've been feeding me &#$%...."
"Be quiet, or I'll have you neutered...."
"Just remember....what I experience, SO WILL YOU..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Syndicate
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
Syndicate wrote:
"I didn't ask you."

"Great...now that I'm smarter, I can appreciate that you've been feeding me &#$%...."
"Be quiet, or I'll have you neutered...."
"Just remember....what I experience, SO WILL YOU..."

... :lol: ...

I bet that the player who would use this power would assume that the creature does what he says...that's when the GM smiles and says "I'll tell you what the animal does...you just tell me what you're telling it".
taalismn
Priest

"This is a cat...Try telling it to do something...This is a cat with your brain and your personality...Now try telling it to do something...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

saber dance-ppe-245
effect-you can move threw ANY area of sharp objects(swords,propeler blades & such) without being hurt!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

(Physical,Super?) TK Augmented Strength: Increase strength by 10 (make robotic if super) must be wearing armor if sdc creature. ISP cost 20

(Physical) Fly, Allows for limited flight at a speed equal to running speed + 10 per level ISP cost 10

(super) Teleport Self, range 1 mile per level isp cost 50 allows psychic to teleport

(ability for revised psyslinger could be a physical or super power) Ectoplasmic arms, allows the psyslinger to generate arms of ectoplasm that are used to wield additional pistols linked to him can create one additional arm at levels 1, 5, 10, and 15. These arms allow for the linked pistols to be used at his full gunslinging ability. Arms have a strength of 10 and a PP equal to that of the psyslinger (FYI I also allow for additional linked pistols at levels 5, 10, and 15) Cost Free for Psyslinger, not sure what to charge for others at this point.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

animal control
this allows a character to command creatures
range 50 feet
dutration5 minutes
saving throw standard vs psionic attack
cost 10 isp
each experience point over 5 level adds 1 minute in control
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

Iron Man. (super)
Range: self
Duration: instant
I.S.P.: 40
Saving Throw: None
With this power the psychic can transform his body into iron; this of course grants the psychic many different resistances, abilities and restrictions. First, the psychic gains +150 S.D.C. and an armor rating of 16. He also is immune to critical hits, disease, poison, stunning attacks, and all powers, spells, and Psionics that effect the characters physiology or respiration. The Character suffers half damage from acid and fire of all kinds save magic, which does full damage. However, the character also becomes vulnerable to a number of attacks that effect iron golems. Spells and psionics dealing with magnetism can now affect the character, and because of the added weight the character is slightly slowed causing him to lose 1 to his strike, parry, and dodge bonus.
The character gains a +6 to his strength, speed is reduced by half, and can not eat or drink. While in this form the character hits with the force of a sledge hammer, punches do 2D6, kicks do 4D6
The characters weight increases by 150 lbs, which reduces the characters swimming skill by 60%

Psi-Whip. (super)
Range: 12 ft.
Duration: 5 minutes per level of Experience
I.S.P.: 30
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
A Psi-Whip is an incredible weapon of psionic energy that is willed into being. The Whip appears out of thin air as a shimmering whip of energy.
The whip’s actual appearance will generally reflect its creator. Each is equally powerful regardless of its form and size. The master psionic can even change the shape and color of the whip. The psionic can create the Psi-Whip only after a few moments of concentration (about 15 seconds/one melee round) and maintain it for five minutes per level of experience. This means a third level Psionic can create and maintain a Psi-Whip for 15 minutes at the cost of 30 I.S.P., while a sixth level character must spend the same 30 I.S.P. but can maintain the weapon for thirty minutes. If the psionic is knocked unconscious, the weapon disappears. Likewise, the character can willingly dispel the weapon with a thought (costs 30 I.S.P. to create a new one); it can not be given to another character to use.
Psi-Whip damage: 2d6 points at level three (one can not select this power until level 3), +2d6 at levels four, seven, nine, twelve, and fifteen. The Psi-Whip does full damage against creatures of magic, demons, supernatural beings, and creatures or armour that is impervious to normal weapons (this is not a “normal weapon”). The whip’s creator can adjust the weapon to inflict a minimum of 1d4 of damage or increase it by increments of 1d6 up to the character’s current maximum. Note: in a mega-damage environment, the psi-whip becomes mega-damage.

Shining Light. (Physical)
Range: 200 feet.
Duration: 1 round per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 4
The character can focus his mind on even the tiniest of light sources, causing them to flare into blinding brilliance. This light is not true sunlight so vampires are not affected.

Astral Mount. (Physical)
Range: up too 1,300 feet
Duration: Special
I.S.P.: 100 to summon the mount, and 20 I.S.P. per hour to maintain.
Saving Throw: None.
The character can summon a mount made of pure astral energy. This Ectoplasmic creation is instilled with part of the intellect of the psychic conjuring it and maintains a subtle connection allowing the mount to receive mental orders and directions from the psychic. The mount can be tailored to the psychic’s needs including size and adjustment for passengers, such as a gnome creating a pony and later enlarging it to accommodate the rescued princess as well.
 P.S. 20, Spd. Running 90 miles per hour and can leap 25 feet in the air.
 Attacks per Melee round: half of the psychic.
 Damage: front kick does 2D6 +4 point of damage, rear kick does 4D6 points of damage, stomp 1D6, trample 4D6, and bite 1D4 +1
 + 1 on initiative, + 4 to strike, +2 to dodge.
 Impervious to most psionic attacks, mind control, fear, and possession (it’s not alive). Also impervious to cold, heat, disease, poison and gases. Physical attacks do half damage.
 Hit points and S.D.C. varies with mount type.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Psionic over-charge
(super)

Cost: (25) I.S.P.
Duration: one melee round (15 seconds) per level/*special
Saving Throw: none

This power allows the psychic to "over-charge" any energy weapon that requires a power source (cannot be magical in nature). Add 25% more damage at levels 1-4, 50% damage 5-9, double damage 10+ levels of experience. The weapon has a 1-10% chance of malfunctioning (+5% per shot during duration) after the second shot. Bursts can be done, but has a whopping 70% (plus 10% every shot afterwards) of overheating and destroying the weapon! This power affects vibro-weapons as well (adding 2D6 at level 1-4, 3D6 5-9, 5D6 10+), and can even double the damage of the user's psi-sword for one action per level!

*This power can be combined with the "duplicate energy" ability.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Dakkon wrote:Vision Eye Or Eye of Visions (super Psionik)
Duration: 1 min (per lvl)
I.S.P.:10

The eye of vision lets you see 1min in to the future. You will know what will happen, like what peoble will say (good for picking up girls ;) ). + 10 ini and +10 dodge. No Suprise attacks. Like sixth sense but not just a feeling cause you saw the danger and can act before it happens.

Looks like we have a replacement for intuitive combat. :)
Syndicate
Adventurer

Repair Mechanics (super)
Prereqs: Telemechanics, Psychic surgurey, Telemechanic Mental Operation

Duration: 1 minute per level
Cost: 35 I.S.P.
special: Needs raw ceramic or metal materials to work with

This power allows the psychic to re-build and repair mechanical devices (of non-magical nature). This power works on bionics, cybernetics, power armor, vehicles, weapons, body armor, and other types of simple devices. If the object is S.D.C., either S.D.C or M.D.C. raw materials can be used (must be similar material). Healing is taken from one object and transferred to another (i.e. the 20 S.D.C. old T.V. is used to heal the 30 S.D.C. radio...the radio has only 15 left and the T.V. is taken down 15 to bring the radio back up to full...the T.V. damage is perm). 15 S.D.C. can be transferred per minute and 4 M.D.C. per minute (or 1 point per melee round). This power takes full concentration and the psychic is unable to perform any other actions while making repairs.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

[quote="GaredBattlespike"]Mega Meditation
Requiements: None
Duration: As Needed
Effect: Master Psychics regain I.S.P.'s at a higher rate of speed with this truly advanced technique. While meditating regain 12 + Level I.S.P. per Hour.
This supersedes the Class' original Meditation rate of recovery.

This version of the Power was approved for use by my Mind Melter,Eric Masters, who has had a very hard time keeping up with the Mage. The Mage just cast and cast, then just went over to a Ley Line and pulled out 20 P.P.E./ Melee Round til full-not over, but just back to full. Me-I was stuck with needing 6 HOURS of Meditation to get back a mere 72 I.S.P. (Enough to activate a defense-like TK FF, and a big offense-like Super TK or Psi-Sword, and still get back some I.S.P. for later...)Sad. However, I showed him my idea, and with the small change (12 base recovered, not the 15 base I had before), he allowed it. Now I recover 17 I.S.P./Hour (12 base + Level [5] = 17)! Much better. I am also close to getting 6th Level, so I'll get 10 more Base I.S.P. & Recover 18 /Hour!

Of course, Eric is now in the Manhunter Universe, after exploring a Rift...Found out that almost nobody can Mentally Possess Others here. Magic isn't too odd, but Psi is really really rare outside the Seekers(And few of them seem Super-Psionics material). I may still be learning the locals ways, but they don't really know mine at all. Except the Bloodletter, who went to Rifts Earth for a while-in game. Now he understands some of why my PC is a violent, primitive, and barely educated guy. Despite my best attempts at being urbane-"What's a SIM? Why does the Catgirl [Kirn] growl at the Capt?[Ular]", I just don't really fit in. I could find out such answers secretly with Telepathy, but fear getting caught & spaced-without my environmental Bushman armor.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Stare of Mystical Binding

Prereqs: Hypnotic Suggestion
Cost: (20) I.S.P.
Duration: one melee round (15 seconds) per level/*special
Saving Throw: Battle of wills on a D20 with M.E. & mind control bonuses only. Ancient dragons, gods, demon lords and alien intelligences receive a bonus +2 to save vs battle of wills.
Range: 60 feet

By making eye contact with a magic users or creature with magical abilities, the psychic can force his will o pond his victim to temporally lose their natural magical abilities and spell casting. Each round the toll of the stare forces the psychic to reduce all his actions by half and if the psychic is stunned or unconscious the stare is ended prematurely. Every 4 melee rounds/one minute to maintain the stare the psychic needs to save vs the creature's horror factor or the stare is broken and he suffers the full effects of failing the H.F. check.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Any one think of abilities for specific PCC like for the Dream maker of Nightbane?
I always thought it get abilities that is it,s own catagory.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:Shining Light. (Physical)
The character can focus his mind on even the tiniest of light sources, causing them to flare into blinding brilliance. This light is not true sunlight so vampires are not affected.

Question... it says the character focuses on even the tiniest source of light. What if that light source is true daylight? Say like, seen through the gaps in rubble from a cave in?
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Just a little something I whipped up a long while back...
It needs some tweaking but at least you can get a general Idea of where I was heading with it.

PSYCHIC FURY
Category: Super
ISP: 50
The Psychic takes his mind into the darkest recesses of his psyche.
This is the equivalent of a Psychic Berserker Rage.
the character telekinetically floats 4 feet above the ground, his body is surrounded by a psychic body field (50MD per level of experience in MD environments) and is now the center of a telekinetic maelstrom. All small objects (weighing less than 2 lbs) are lifted and circle the Psychic any one (other than the psychic) caught in the Maelstrom will suffer 2d4x10 damage from flying debris for every melee he is inside the psychic storm. the Psychic temporarily has instinctive access to all combat related psionics at their normal cost (even if the Psionic normally does not have them) and can shoot electrokinetic bolts (2d6) at will.
Like with any berserker rage the Psychic will strike out at those who have invoked his rage and any who stand in his way.
once the duration is over the Psychic is exhausted and all actions, combat bonuses, and speed are reduced by 1/2. Worse his ISP recovery rate is reduced by half for the next 24 hours.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Damian Magecraft wrote:Just a little something I whipped up a long while back...
It needs some tweaking but at least you can get a general Idea of where I was heading with it.

PSYCHIC FURY
the character telekinetically floats 4 feet above the ground, his body is surrounded by a psychic body field (50MD per level of experience in MD environments) and is now the center of a telekinetic maelstrom. All small objects (weighing less than 2 lbs) are lifted and circle the Psychic any one (other than the psychic) caught in the Maelstrom will suffer 2d4x10 damage from flying debris for every melee he is inside the psychic storm. the Psychic temporarily has instinctive access to all combat related psionics at their normal cost (even if the Psionic normally does not have them) and can shoot electrokinetic bolts (2d6) at will.
Like with any berserker rage the Psychic will strike out at those who have invoked his rage and any who stand in his way.
once the duration is over the Psychic is exhausted and all actions, combat bonuses, and speed are reduced by 1/2. Worse his ISP recovery rate is reduced by half for the next 24 hours.

Nice
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

JuliusCreed wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:Just a little something I whipped up a long while back...

PSYCHIC FURY

Nice

I liked it at the time...
It needs fleshed out more (but Psychics is not really my field of expertise... As can be seen by my choice in name :lol: ) so if any one better versed in the mental arts wants to tinker with it feel free.
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

JuliusCreed wrote:
Eryk Stormbright wrote:Shining Light. (Physical)

Question... it says the character focuses on even the tiniest source of light. What if that light source is true daylight? Say like, seen through the gaps in rubble from a cave in?

Well.. if the character were to use it in say a cave in where only a ~sliver~ of true sunlight could be seen, then the vamp who thought he's have a nice easy lunch would get something Very unexpected ;) so in answer to your question, if Shining Light was used on True Sunlight, then yes it would give off True Sunlight.
BIBBI
Wanderer
Comment: "are you familiar with the chain of command? its the one I go and beat you with until you listen to me"
- Jayne

Unread post by BIBBI »

Syndicate wrote:Eliminate
(super)
**special--psychic cannot be of Principled or scrupulous alignment**
I.S.P. 45
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: -4 (special--other psychics still have to save as a non-psychic!)
Needs: psychic surgery, and bio-manipulation

Similar to the palladium power of "catatonic strike" this power enable the psychic to kill with a touch (only works on living creatures). The psychic willingly attempts to turn the victim's body against itself (rupturing internal organs, stopping vital functions, and destroying bones). He/she feels every dying moment while the victim helplessly struggles, bleeds, chokes, vomits, convulses, and finally dies. It takes 15 seconds for the victim to die, but the psychic must hold and concentrate the entire time. Bare skin must be exposed/touched, and if the psychic is interrupted during the attack the victim still suffers 1D6x10 S.D.C. and hit point damage (or 3D4x10 +5 if M.D.C.). Works against the supernatural was well, but they are not incapacitated (-2 on all combat bonuses, 1/2 strength drained, and -2 attacks per melee), and can break free.

this seems to be a little too powerful, maybe up the I.S.P. and take off the special part of the save penalty (seeing as that means that anyone can save only on a 20), other than that it seems wonderful.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

BIBBI wrote:
(super)
I.S.P. 45

Similar to the palladium power of "catatonic strike" this power enable the psychic to kill with a touch (only works on living creatures). The psychic willingly attempts to turn the victim's body against itself (rupturing internal organs, stopping vital functions, and destroying bones). He/she feels every dying moment while the victim helplessly struggles, bleeds, chokes, vomits, convulses, and finally dies. It takes 15 seconds for the victim to die, but the psychic must hold and concentrate the entire time. Bare skin must be exposed/touched, and if the psychic is interrupted during the attack the victim still suffers 1D6x10 S.D.C. and hit point damage (or 3D4x10 +5 if M.D.C.). Works against the supernatural was well, but they are not incapacitated (-2 on all combat bonuses, 1/2 strength drained, and -2 attacks per melee), and can break free.

this seems to be a little too powerful, maybe up the I.S.P. and take off the special part of the save penalty (seeing as that means that anyone can save only on a 20), other than that it seems wonderful.

I think what he meant is that instead of having to roll a 15 or better to save, you have to roll an 11 or better to save.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

that's cool, i keep meaning to pick up BTS2.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Mephisto wrote:
Eryk Stormbright wrote:Iron Man. (super)
Duration: instant
I.S.P.: 40
With this power the psychic can transform his body into iron; this of course grants the psychic many different resistances, abilities and restrictions. First, the psychic gains +150 S.D.C. and an armor rating of 16. He also is immune to critical hits, disease, poison, stunning attacks, and all powers, spells, and Psionics that effect the characters physiology or respiration. The Character suffers half damage from acid and fire of all kinds save magic, which does full damage. However, the character also becomes vulnerable to a number of attacks that effect iron golems. Spells and psionics dealing with magnetism can now affect the character, and because of the added weight the character is slightly slowed causing him to lose 1 to his strike, parry, and dodge bonus.
The character gains a +6 to his strength, speed is reduced by half, and can not eat or drink. While in this form the character hits with the force of a sledge hammer, punches do 2D6, kicks do 4D6
The characters weight increases by 150 lbs, which reduces the characters swimming skill by 60%

I quite like the idea, but I'd make it broader. So I propose the following:

Hardened Form (Super/Physical in BTS2)
Duration: instant; lasts for 15 minutes per level of experience
I.S.P.: 30

This power turns the characters skin hard, making him or her more difficult to harm in hand to hand combat. It provides a natural armor rating of 13, with a total of S.D.C. of 50. The S.D.C. of the hardened form needs to be reduced to zero before the characters own S.D.C. can be affected. The hardened form adds substantial weight to the character, 50 pounds, which reduces running speed 20% and swimming skill is half. However, along with the added S.D.C. the character does an additional 2D6 damage with hand to hand strikes.

Equally significant is that the characters mind is immune to possession, mind control, hypnosis, and similar mind affecting attacks, as well as mental psychic attacks like empathic transfer and bio-manipulation. However, in the Hardened Form the psychic can not use any other psychic powers. It's up to the GM and player to determine if the characters hardened form looks like a light rocky exterior, a translucent glass, a mummified wrapping, etc. The characters Hardened Form will however be quite obvious to anyone watching. Also the character doesn't need to eat, sleep or breathe in the Hardened Form.

Fantastic update to that power btw. I kinda had a problem with the psychic taking on an "iron" form (that seems to be more along the lines of a magical talent...like in Rifter #23's blade mage power).
Syndicate
Adventurer

BIBBI wrote:
(super)
I.S.P. 45

I see your point...however, consider how many other ways you can easily kill someone with psionic powers from a distance (TK acceleration attack, mind bolt, pyrokinesis), cheaper in cost, and instanteously. The real advantage of this power is it's ability to incapacitate, and even bio-manipulation does that...from a distance. So the only REAL advantage is the -4 to save and the saving as a non-psychic. This was designed by psychics to kill other powerful psychics (of course other powerful psychics are hard to get close to usually).

I'll add that:

-Master Psychics save at only -2 (but still as non-psychics)
-a mind block can be erected BEFORE hand to allow you to save as a master with no penalties
-intent to use this power will of course activate sixth sense
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Mephisto wrote:
Eryk Stormbright wrote:Astral Mount. (Physical)
Range: up too 1,300 feet
Duration: Special
I.S.P.: 100 to summon the mount, and 20 I.S.P. per hour to maintain.
Saving Throw: None.
The character can summon a mount made of pure astral energy. This Ectoplasmic creation is instilled with part of the intellect of the psychic conjuring it and maintains a subtle connection allowing the mount to receive mental orders and directions from the psychic. The mount can be tailored to the psychic’s needs including size and adjustment for passengers, such as a gnome creating a pony and later enlarging it to accommodate the rescued princess as well.
 P.S. 20, Spd. Running 90 miles per hour and can leap 25 feet in the air.
 Attacks per Melee round: half of the psychic.
 Damage: front kick does 2D6 +4 point of damage, rear kick does 4D6 points of damage, stomp 1D6, trample 4D6, and bite 1D4 +1
 + 1 on initiative, + 4 to strike, +2 to dodge.
 Impervious to most psionic attacks, mind control, fear, and possession (it’s not alive). Also impervious to cold, heat, disease, poison and gases. Physical attacks do half damage.
 Hit points and S.D.C. varies with mount type.

As much as I like the idea, 100 I.S.P. to generate and 20 to maintain is too much. It's easier for the psychic to learn either Horsemanship or Pilot Motorcycle. But the idea has merit. So I propose:

Ecto-Transport (Super/Physical in BTS2)

Range: Immediate; within 10 feet (3 m)
Duration: one hour
I.S.P.: 25

Note: Ectoplasm is a required power to gain this ability.

The character is able to construct an ectoplasmic method of transport. It can be either a horse, camel, carriage, bicycle, or anything (even a flying carpet). The transport has a base cost of 25, with the ability to only carry the psychic at a moving speed of 44 and limited coverage. The ecto-transport does not tire, and the concentration required costs the character one attack per melee but nothing else. It requires the psychic to maneouver it around obstacles.

It's possible to upgrade the Ecto-Transport.
Additional speed costs 5 I.S.P. per additional 11 points of Speed Attribute.
Additional manouverability costs 10 I.S.P. and adds +5 to Dodge obstacles that are psychically dodged without the psychic even realizing there was a problem via bio-feedback
Making it bigger is possible to accommodate more passengers; the additional size costs 10 I.S.P. per passenger.

The Ecto-Tranport has no combat skills or abilities and is just a means to efficiently move from one place to another. Likewise it has the basic stats of Ectoplasm only with extra Speed. Knocking out the psychic will dispel the Ecto-Transport.

*nods* this was done awhile ago lol but yes, I agree with you, 100 ISP was abit too much and have since changed it. I like how you made your able to be "upgraded" very nice :)
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I got idea

Telemechanics Cloaking
catagory:super
range:self
duration:six minutes
isp:30
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

gaby wrote:Well I got idea

Telemechanics Cloaking
catagory:super
range:self
duration:six minutes
isp:30

ok but what does it do?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

this like the major power of Cloaking from H.U.

Where the character is completely invisible to all forms of mechanical detection,photographic devices and sensors.

if the character give 30 more isp he can extend this arura of protection to include vehicles or power armors he is in,but duration go down to 3 minutes.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Not a bad idea.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

The idea for this just hit me out of the blue. Don't know if anyone else has come up with it or not (and I'm too damn lazy to search through every page of this thread to find out :D ) but here it is anyway...

Super Psionic Power
Enhanced Sixth Sense

Range: 120 feet
Duration: Until the danger passes or happens
I.S.P.: 4 (plus special; see below)

An advanced form of the Sixth Sense power, Enhanced Sixth Sense works much the same way, however, rather than granting the psychic defensive bonuses for the first melee round, it allows the character to possibly gain a pre-emptive strike/action before his opponent can even act!
The power activates automatically, just like the standard Sixth Sense, but after it activates, it allows the psychic to force an initiative roll between himself and his/her would-be attacker with the character enjoying a +4 bonus to Initiative. (in addition to any other bonuses except those provided by the standard Sixth Sense if the psychic possesses this power as well) If the character wins the initiative roll, he may take a single action before his opponent's attack/action. This single action can be running away, speaking to/warning his attacker (the classic "I know what you're thinking... don't try it" ploy used mostly for intimidation purposes), or just attacking outright. If the character chooses to attack, he/she does so with an additional +2 to Strike.
Should the character lose the initiative roll, Enhanced Sixth Sense has essentially ceased to function and the forced initiative round is over. From here the character may rely on the standard Sixth Sense power if it is known by the psychic (enjoying an additonal +1 bonus to the bonuses already provided due to the heads up from the Enhanced Sixth Sense) If not, combat begins normally with standard initiative rolls, but the psychic with Enhanced Sixth Sense enjoys a +2 bonus to Initiative and a +2 to Parry for the first round only (He/she essentially already knows the fight/danger is coming from the Enhanced warning)
As previously stated this power activates automatically just like the standard Sixth Sense power, burning up 4 of the psychic's I.S.P.when activated. The psychic must also permanently expend 14 I.S.P. in order to acquire this power.

There it is, folks, my little contribution to the Psychic community at large. Any questions? :-D
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Mephisto wrote:
CoalitionMerc wrote:so i have been thinking and got something

Battlemind
"Focus of the battle brings ones mind to a razor sharp edge"
power level: master
Power catagory: super
ISP: 25 per round of use
+level of experience to strike/parry
+4 damage +1 every 3 levels of experience

its a partial power right now till i can figure it out more

Let me refine this a bit for you.

Battle Mind:Super in HU2/Physical in BTS2

This power enables the psychic to get enhanced combat abilities, until the end of the psychic charge, then he or she will suffer a "crash" from the use of the ability.

Range: Self
Duration: 3 minutes per level of experience
I.S.P.: 22

When this power is engaged, the character gets the following bonuses. They are cumulative with other combat bonuses, but only apply when combat is occurring; it's wasted I.S.P. unless the character is physically attacked. The following bonuses apply in combat:

+4 Initiative
+1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge per level of the psionic ability.
+3 to Damage, with +2 per level of experience.
Immune to stuns, knockouts, death blows, and critical strikes while the psionic ability is in force.
As well, the character will be super aggressive and may attack teammates since self-control won't be possible while this power is in force, and will choose to take down the strongest threat first, then move to secondary threats. This psychic ability can be easily abused as it provides an adrenaline rush to the character and creates a "high" that the character can be attached to, and it can be dangerous. If the character runs low on I.S.P. he or she might feel despondent and depressed and may (55% chance) find it hard to meditate to replace his or her inner reserves.

Wow :eek: So at it's highest level, you're looking at a psychic who, for 45 minutes, is +4 Initiative, +15 to strike Parry and Dodge, +33 to Damage, and immune to KO's, Death Blows and Critical Strikes in addition to all of his/her other combat bonuses and abilities? All for a mere 22 ISP? As much as I hate tagging "munchkin" to anyone or anything, this is looking to have crossed the line waaaaaayyyyyyyy too far...
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Invented Psionics:

Unread post by Kovoston »

TrumbachD wrote:
Syndicate wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:
gaby wrote:I like to see New ones.

I got one summon inner speed.

Great idea! maybe some kind of Bio-Feedback type of adrenaline boost to that specific attribute.
I'm guessing it would be in the 'Physical' Category.
But How many ISP? What would the duration be? Could it be transmitted by touch or strictly for the user?

Hmm...
Summon Inner speed or "Accelerate"
-physical-
Recommended: summon inner strength or resist fatigue
Cost: (varies) 10+
Duration: 2 mins. per level

Following 30 seconds of concentration (instant after 4th level) the character can increase his running speed substantially. (10) to gain 10 points in speed + 1 I.S.P. per 5 points after that. This power fuels the body but does not maintain it thus this power creates tremendous physical stress (it is recommended to use Summon inner strength or resist fatigue before using this power). Otherwise the psychic will suffer 1D4 point of P.E. "drain" for every 10 points of additional speed per minute of running (the faster you go...the more serious the consequence). Friction/gravity becomes a problem should the character reach a speed of 123 + (2 points of S.D.C damage per minute...good to have extra from Summon inner strength...armor doesn't help against the stress).

sweet 8)

Yeah, I like this one better than the one I wrote for Rifter...

:)
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Check out the psionics netbook posted here. They're not all perfect(power scale, exceeding the scope of psionics in a Palladium setting, etc), but there are a lot of really good ones that should have been in a Rifter submission, as well as a variety of new psychic classes.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Never posted any of my Psi Powers before, so here goes:

Physical
Tactile Telekinesis
Duration: One minute per level of experience
ISP: Varies (see below)
Saving Throw: N/A
Prerequisites: Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis
Instead of utilizing their telekinesis outwards, the psychic focuses their telekinetic powers inward to enhance their own physical capabilities. Speed, strength, agility, durability, these can all be enhanced.
Strength: The telekinetic can increase his PS attribute by +2 points for every point of ISP invested, with a maximum PS bonus equal to that of their ME attribute (an ME of 12 means at the most the PS attribute can be boosted by +12, for 6 ISP). For an additional 10 ISP the PS attribute can be raised to the category of Extraordinary/Augmented/Bionic, but the maximum possible PS bonus is halved when this is done.
Speed: The telekinetic can augment their Spd attribute by +3 points for every 1 ISP expended, with a maximum bonus equal to triple their ME attribute (an ME of 12 means at the most the Speed attribute can be boosted by +36, for 12 ISP). For an additional 10 ISP the initiative of the telekinetic can be boosted by +3.
Agility: The telekinetic can improve their PP attribute by +1 point for every 2 points of ISP spent, with a maximum PP bonus equal to half their ME attribute (an ME of 12 means at the most the PP attribute can be boosted by +6, for 12 ISP). For an additional 10 ISP the telekinetic gains an automatic dodge (but has no bonuses, other than the standard PP bonus).
Durability: The telekinetic can temporarily increase their personal SDC by 2 points for every 1 ISP point expended (this ability does not affect MDC in any way). The maximum amount of ISP that can be expended in the manner is equal to the telekinetic’s ME attribute. This power does nothing to protect against HP direct attacks, gases, vacuum, or any other non-physical form of damage, nor does it protect as effectively against energy attacks, taking double damage from all energy attacks (applies to the extra SDC provided through this ability only).

Super Psi
Tactile Telekinesis, Super
ISP: Varies (see below)
Saving Throw: N/A
Prerequisites: Super Telekinesis
Instead of utilizing their telekinesis outwards, the psychic focuses their telekinetic powers inward to enhance their own physical capabilities. Speed, strength, agility, durability, these can all be enhanced.
Strength: The telekinetic can increase his PS attribute by +2 points for every point of ISP invested, with a maximum PS bonus equal to double their ME attribute (an ME of 12 means at the most the PS attribute can be boosted by +24, for 12 ISP). The PS category can be raised for an additional ISP cost; 10 ISP for Extraordinary/Augmented/Bionic PS, 20 ISP for Superhuman/Robotic PS, and 45 ISP for Supernatural PS.
Speed: The telekinetic can enhance their Speed to superhuman levels. For an initial cost of 20 ISP the telekinetic can run at 100 mph (+5 mph per level of experience), with an additional +10 mph for each ISP point invested beyond the initial 20. The maximum MPH that can be achieved is equal to the MEx15 of the telekinetic. For an additional 10 ISP the initiative of the telekinetic can be boosted by +3.
Agility: The telekinetic can improve their PP attribute by +1 point for every 2 points of ISP spent, with a maximum PP bonus equal to their ME attribute (an ME of 12 means at the most the PP attribute can be boosted by +12, for 24 ISP). For an additional 15 ISP the telekinetic gains a +3 automatic dodge (in addition to the standard PP attribute bonuses).
Durability: The telekinetic can temporarily increase their personal SDC to MDC levels, point for point, for 25 ISP, this applies only to the natural SDC of the telekinetic, and does not include any temporary SDC enhancements, and cannot be used on artificial SDC like armour (this ability does not affect pre-existing MDC in any way). This power does nothing to protect against Hit Point direct attacks, gases, vacuum, or any other non-physical form of damage.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Physical
Telekinetic Throw
Range: 100 feet +10 feet per level of experience
ISP: 5
Prerequisites: Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis
This is a specialized and focused use of a psychic’s telekinetic ability, it allows the psychic to throw any handheld object (baseball, sword, frying pan, shield, etc.) and have it return to them (even if they have moved from the original throwing position). At level one the psychic can only throw the object at a single target, and have the object return right away. At level 4 the psychic can choose to throw the object and have it strike two targets before returning (roll a single strike roll with full throwing bonuses, each target will have a chance to parry or dodge the attack if they are able and choose to, a dodged or parried throw will still continue on its path to the second target, and back to the psychic). An additional target can be added at level 8, and another at level 12. Throwing and striking the first target counts as a single melee action, the return flight takes another action, however the psychic can be doing something else for this action (including covering small distances), as long as they have a hand free to catch the object (which will return to the psychic where they currently are, not where they were, if they moved over the course of the object's flight). Each additional target takes another melee action for the object to travel and strike, however the psychic may perform other actions at this time.
If the psychic has a Psi Sword this power can be used to throw the Psi Sword and have it return to the psychic, dealing its normal damage on a successful strike.
This power cannot be used on projectiles, like arrows or bullets, nor can it be used on large objects, like a TV or a truck, regardless of the psychic’s ability to physically lift and throw such objects.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mind Bleeder Powers
Bleed Time
Range: Four feet per level of experience.
Duration: Instant/Special
ISP: 10
Saving Throw: -2 to save.
As his fellow guards come running up, weapons at the ready, Derek looks up from wondering why his pistol is in his hand, puzzled.
"What are you guys doing here, what’s the emergency?"
"You called for Back-up/"
"I did?"
"You were shooting at someone trying to break in."
"I was?"
"What happened here Derek?"
"I... I don’t know"

Despite its name, this power has no effect on time at all. It is actually a powerful and focused form of mental manipulation. When used on a target their ability to form memories from the events that are happening is interrupted, causing the target to lose whole chunks of time in their memories that remain gaps. These gaps can never be repaired or recovered. Therapy, medication, other psionic powers, nothing can fix this gap, because the memories never formed. Sure the above can be used to recover lost memories, but in this case it was not lost, it was never there.
This will not stop targets from acting or reacting as they normally would, just after the event they will have no memory of what occurred. The memory blank period begins instantly, as soon as the power is used and it 'lasts' for 5 minutes per level of experience. This time can be altered by the character using the power to last any period of time from 1 melee round up to the maximum time available, but this must be done at the time the ability is inflicted on another, and cannot be undone or cancelled.
The only perfect defense against time bleed is a Mind Block, otherwise the intended target rolls to save vs. psionic attack as usual.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Bio-Manipulation:Pleasure
Range,Duration,isp cost,saving throw is the other bio-manipulation.

I was thinking if you can do Pain,Why Not Pleasure too.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gaby wrote:Bio-Manipulation:Pleasure
Range,Duration,isp cost,saving throw is the other bio-manipulation.

I was thinking if you can do Pain,Why Not Pleasure too.

When suggesting a psi power You need to flesh it out, other wise you just leave the readers wanting after wetting their appetite.

Bio_Manipulation 2
This mirror power to the book Bio-Manipulation power. I has the same costs, ranges, and durations unless otherwise noted. The target's saving throw is done at a -2 because these manipulations are not overtly an attack, unless otherwise noted.

Bio-Manipulation 2: Pleasure
By manipulation the nerves of the body, the psychic can cause the target to experience pleaser from every touch and movement they experience. Those experiencing this are -4 to initiative from being distracted. They have 10% (-ME bonus) cumulative, year to date, to become addicted to the effects of this power.

Bio-M 2: O.....
This aspect of the bio-manipulation power induces o....... reaction in the target for 1d6 melees. During this time the target has no initiative, and can not attack. The target is also -6 to parry and dodge.

Bio-M 2: Tissue manipulation: (same are Bio-M power)

Bio-M 2: Acuteness: This aspect makes the nerves of the target more sensitive to the stimulus they pick up.
In a high stimulus environment this will cause -2 to all combat rolls and -5% to skill rolls. However, this will give a +10% to dexterity dependent skills for the duration. Standard saving throw.

Bio-M2: Hyper Acuteness: This causes the over stimulation of the nerves in the target, causing semi-incapacitation of the target. -6 to combat rolls, -40% skills, -50% speed. Standard saving throw.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gmapprentice wrote:ISP Armor (Super Psionics)

The psychic can convert their ISP into a protective field around their body. It looks like a pale, glowing field extending one inch or so from the body. This gives numerous benefits. First of all, ISP is converted into SDC on a 2 to 1 basis- that is, divide the ISP in half to make the sdc. Second, the armor can be used to handle objects of incredibly high or low temperatures that would normally be damaging to the user. Third, the armor can allow the user to parry melee weapons. Lastly, the user cannot have their ISP or PPE drained while the armor is up. There are a few drawbacks, however. One, the ISP must be spent at the beginning and cannot be added to. Second, the duration is a bit limited.

ISP Cost: from 2 to the user's maximum ISP, based on what is available and the user's decision.
Duration: 5 Minutes per level of experience.
It doesn't seem like this would be very useful. ISP is generally pretty low to begin with.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
CoalitionMerc wrote:so i have been thinking and got something

Battlemind
"Focus of the battle brings ones mind to a razor sharp edge"
power level: master
Power catagory: super
ISP: 25 per round of use
+level of experience to strike/parry
+4 damage +1 every 3 levels of experience

its a partial power right now till i can figure it out more

Let me refine this a bit for you.

Battle Mind:Super in HU2/Physical in BTS2

This power enables the psychic to get enhanced combat abilities, until the end of the psychic charge, then he or she will suffer a "crash" from the use of the ability.

Duration: 3 minutes per level of experience
I.S.P.: 22

When this power is engaged, the character gets the following bonuses. They are cumulative with other combat bonuses, but only apply when combat is occurring; it's wasted I.S.P. unless the character is physically attacked. The following bonuses apply in combat:

+4 Initiative
+1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge per level of the psionic ability.
+3 to Damage, with +2 per level of experience.
Immune to stuns, knockouts, death blows, and critical strikes while the psionic ability is in force.
As well, the character will be super aggressive and may attack teammates since self-control won't be possible while this power is in force, and will choose to take down the strongest threat first, then move to secondary threats. This psychic ability can be easily abused as it provides an adrenaline rush to the character and creates a "high" that the character can be attached to, and it can be dangerous. If the character runs low on I.S.P. he or she might feel despondent and depressed and may (55% chance) find it hard to meditate to replace his or her inner reserves.

Wow :eek: So at it's highest level, you're looking at a psychic who, for 45 minutes, is +4 Initiative, +15 to strike Parry and Dodge, +33 to Damage, and immune to KO's, Death Blows and Critical Strikes in addition to all of his/her other combat bonuses and abilities? All for a mere 22 ISP? As much as I hate tagging "munchkin" to anyone or anything, this is looking to have crossed the line waaaaaayyyyyyyy too far...

Based on that ascertaining, I do agree with you the bonuses are too high. I'll change the Strike, Parry and Dodge to every two levels and the Damage bonus to +1 per level. It's not like every psychic starts out at 15th level after all.

Every two or every three levels for the strike, parry and dodge bonus.Why on Earth would they get a bonus at every level? The damage bonus should be knocked down to +! per level, yes. I think there should be more of an initiative bonus, maybe an additional +1 at levels 4, 8 and 12?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rogue_Scientist wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Psychic Mirage (Super Psionic Power)
Range: 120 feet; size of illusion is 3 square feet per level
Duration: One minute per level
I.S.P. cost: 40
Saving Throw: Standard
Effect: Powerful illusion that affects all the senses. The illusion will move and act out any mental command given it by its creator, and will fool the ears, sense of smell, sense of touch and the pain centers of those who face it. Illusionary damage will not be permanent,though people who think they have been killed will fall into unconsciousness.

Sounds like an adaptation of the spell Apparition?
Not sure where I got the inspiration for this one from. I write a lot of super powers for Heroes Unlimited, so it is possible I had done a power similar or was inspired by something.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”