Combining Chaos Earth and Nightbane

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

With Chaos Earth there are only three books out currently, the CE Main Book, Creatures of Chaos and Rise of Magic.
The Iron Heart Armaments and Wellington Industries weapons and vehicles from Rifts Mercenaries are pre-rifts and could be used. Some of the OCC's in the book could be adapted to pre-rifts times.

For monsters check out the Conversion Book 1 to add into the mix.

Otherwise you don't really need anything from the Rifts line.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Sorry forgot a book...Rifts Dark Conversions. Has rules for Nightbane, though basically you are correct. On Rifts Earth they inflict mega-damage with their attacks.

And Dark Conversions in general is a good book, can't believe I forgot it before.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Notably, Nightbane Book 2: Between the Shadows also has some Rifts conversion rules that are perfectly valid in Chaos Earth if you don't have Dark Conversions.

In both books Nightbane (in their Morphus form only) become MDC beings and inflict Mega Damage with their physical attacks. Dark Conversions additionally includes conversions for specific morphus traits, talents, monsters and magical weapons, and includes a new OCC, the Nightlands Witch.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Bastionbane wrote:I have been toying with the idea of making a universe full of the various Palladium Worlds (Rifts, NB, Phase World, Heroes, etc) and was thinking about the Cataclysm and how it could affect the Nightbane Becoming. If Dark Day was a global, supernatural event, wouldn't it follow that the Cataclysm would fall under this category and cause mass Becoming's the same way?

Yes, I think so. I wouldn't do it personally, but your reasoning is solid.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Just bought the Nightbane Rule Book as well as its first sup Between the shadows . VERY exellent work if you ask me personally I loved them both . Now to your question . From everything that I personally have read it states that Nightbane are directly linked to Nightlords an thier minions , meaning nightbane by default dont show up from just cosmic style magic bombs . Night Lords an thier minions are the ones who try to invade said world an that world them starts to have citizens go threw the "Becoming " So if you wanted to stick to Canon I would simply suggest that perhaps an Avatar of one of the Nightlords was sucked into that universe into which ever setting you wanted him/her to enter an that setting would then be having nightbane "becomings" start to happen . Course if your just trying to incorperate all books into the same universe with no other dimensions why even look for a way to explain it all . It would be just the way it is lol .
-Lenwen
DracoMagus
Explorer

Re: Combining Chaos Earth and Nightbane

Unread post by DracoMagus »

Something I read in the Nightbane books makes me wonder how the Chaos Earth Apocalypse would affect the Nightlands. In one of the books (I can't remember which) it said something about when the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki there was similar destruction wrought in those locations in the Nightlands. So if you take the pretty much Global Devastation that is the backdrop for Chaos Earth and Rifts, what's that say for what happens on the other side of the Mirror Wall?

Another interesting idea this brings up is the Rifted cities in Japan that later become the Republic of Japan. The way the place is described in the text, what's to say the this isn't the Nightlands as well? I'm aware there may be holes in that idea, but it's still somewhat thought worthy.
Remember kids, if speed were everything jackrabbits would Rule the World!!!!

All Hail the Death Metal Rooster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”