Just discovered CE

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Just discovered CE

Unread post by Kryptt »

I recently received the core book in a grab bag and from the fluff I'm reading this seems like a really cool setting. I couldn't help but think how some of these toys could be used in the robotech setting. I was thinking of using the CE as a continuation of the RT saga. After the rifts open up and most of the earth is in ruins I'll have my group find a partially damaged museum and they then take the valks. It's going to be my excuse to have valkyries in this setting. If PB ever makes a rifts miniature game I want see the stuff from this book.

Someday I'll have to check out rifts to see what happens later. Looking forward to gaming in CE.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: Just discovered CE

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

well chaos earth is indeed a good way to go. However your gonna need to flesh out your story line to make it work with Robotech. The human population in Robotech is no where near capable of supporting the CE earth story line.

I would go more the route of Macross and have the human race develop them as part of the air force. And let them find some hidden base if you want them to have them. Also no need for the protoculture fuel problems.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Nice, thank you.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:well chaos earth is indeed a good way to go. However your gonna need to flesh out your story line to make it work with Robotech. The human population in Robotech is no where near capable of supporting the CE earth story line.

I would go more the route of Macross and have the human race develop them as part of the air force. And let them find some hidden base if you want them to have them. Also no need for the protoculture fuel problems.

it also depends on which version of the robotech/macross mecha you use weather or not they have protoculture fuel issues.

if you use 1st generation mecha like vf-1 veritechs they have an ~10 year supply of pc fuel which would give the players time to run around, die or find an alternative power source to use (unless there are "spare mecha or parts in the museum/ bunker"

if you use southern cross units most of them run on nuclear power sources again no major fuel issues.

its the "new generation" stuff like the alpha beta etc that have severe fuel issues mainly because they run on "pc batteries" ~1-2 months of "fuel" before they have issues.

if you use the macross II units again they use some variant of nuclear and have years of "life" with just needing stuff like hydrogen for reaction mass fuel, (and mabie uranium or similar, but I think they are supposed to be fusion powered so hydrogen would run everything)
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I'm thinking of using the macross mecha. I just like the look of them more.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Kryptt wrote:I'm thinking of using the macross mecha. I just like the look of them more.

Tomahawks and Spartans are ideal for this type of game with there large number of missiles and those TZ-IV gun clusters. One of my players used an old style Macross Excalibur Destroid (now the Tomahawk) in Rifts for years. He replace the machine gun rounds with silver for anti-vampire and it worked really well. Only problem is they are so huge.

Veritechs would work pretty well since they can go battloid or guardian when they ash is too thick to fly.

As for fuel, I would think that somewhere on CE that the US military would be using something close enough to SLMH-V to refuel them. The hard part is repairs, once something is blown off it's gone but that could lead to some interesting Frankenmechs.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

guardiandashi wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:well chaos earth is indeed a good way to go. However your gonna need to flesh out your story line to make it work with Robotech. The human population in Robotech is no where near capable of supporting the CE earth story line.

it also depends on which version of the robotech/macross mecha you use weather or not they have protoculture fuel issues.

if you use 1st generation mecha like vf-1 veritechs they have an ~10 year supply of pc fuel which would give the players time to run around, die or find an alternative power source to use (unless there are "spare mecha or parts in the museum/ bunker"

if you use southern cross units most of them run on nuclear power sources again no major fuel issues.

its the "new generation" stuff like the alpha beta etc that have severe fuel issues mainly because they run on "pc batteries" ~1-2 months of "fuel" before they have issues.

if you use the macross II units again they use some variant of nuclear and have years of "life" with just needing stuff like hydrogen for reaction mass fuel, (and mabie uranium or similar, but I think they are supposed to be fusion powered so hydrogen would run everything)

He was pretty expressive about using the Macross Valkyries in his post.

As for fuel issues, if you have a desire to run this as a after Robotech game. there could be flowers of life roaming the country side, and a hidden Matrix that survived time. Or use the First printing of the Conversion book one. it has cross over rules for Robotech. Personally I would just run it as part of the Air forces new line of fighters. Since we see a veritech type mecha in the first NGR book.

I love the Veritechs and the Other mecha. so i think this is a fun idea.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Kryppt - as a side note, and I think i mentioned this to you elsewhere, I am planning to do counters for all the mecha in CE and Rifts etc....once I get my hands on a full rules set for RRT I'll be going ahead to make my own Rifts RT once I get a comprehensive 'conversion book" together in order to get RPG stats to RT stats.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I forgot is this so you can keep your macross stats over the PB?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

That would be an added bonus for me personally but the biggest reason I wanted RRT was so could do Rifts RT. Overall, once I have those rules in my grubby mitts, it should not be hard in any way to use that as the basis to make everything for Rifts RT. I would only have to work out how magic would get worked into it as well psionics.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”