Apocalypse World

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Apocalypse World

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Have any Chaos Earth fans played this game yet? It's so awesome. Right now i'm in this loose group and we're kicking around a pretty generic Beyond Thunderdome/Book of Eli setting.

But i'm looking to run my own group with Chaos Earth as the backdrop. I'm thinking to set it like 10 years from the start of the Cataclysm; just as NEMA's command structure is starting to break up and these satellite safe zones start going completely dark. the player characters can either speed along NEMA's decay for their own personal interests, or work to keep it going. From there they can do pretty much whatever they want.

Is this awesome y/n?
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Apocalypse World

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yes!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

I like that idea, let the players help to keep it going or trash it
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

That's actually a really good point start from, much better than day one (as I did). Let us know how it goes!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
RoadWarriorFWaNK

I've been banging out all the particulars for this recently. Really cool stuff. Don't know if I can talk about it on the palladium forums. Just thought i'd say something on it.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I have not but you have peak my intrest.

I like your concept, i think it would be much more fun this way.
As for sharing, I am sure if your not they (a mod) will say so, so start sharing.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

RoadWarriorFWaNK

I've written all kinds of cool stuff for my game. If it goes well I'll put it in any future Chaos Earth material I write for Palladium.
I'm starting to MC the game this coming sunday. I'm pretty excited.

Here's a list of the 1st session questions i'll be putting to the group.

For everyone:
Where do you stay?
How do you get food/water?
How do you feel about NEMA?
What were you doing on December 22nd?
How did you react the first time you saw some weird chaos ****? What did you see?
What do you miss the most?
How do you feel about the future?

For individuals:
Someone you care about was recently accused of being a witch. Tell us about that.
You saved someone from a demon once. What happened? Describe the demon for us.
You got lost in the ruins recently and needed rescue. Who came to your aid and what do they want in return?
You've been invited to join a Demoncaller cult by someone you trust. Who invited you? What do you think about it?
You once helped in a rescue operation that went horribly wrong and you think it might have been your fault. What did you do?
You were doing salvage in a retail store nearby and found something really good, but it was taken from you. What was it? Who took it? What are you going to do about it?
An enclave of aliens was wiped out recently by some guys you know. You know those aliens were friendly. How do you feel about this? How did you know they were friendly?
You've been losing sleep to horrific re-ocurring nightmares. Tell us about them.
Someone you love has broken down and joined the Doomsayers. What are you going to do about it?

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”