Original Chaos Earth....

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Original Chaos Earth....

Unread post by jaymz »

Whatever happenned to the original concept of what Chaos Earth was to be?

While I like what they did making it the immediate precursor and coming of the Rifts, I thought it was supposed to be present day Rifts Earth but in a scenario where the societies didn't crumble in thier entirety? Am I remebering this wrong?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Original Chaos Earth....

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I seem to recall that was a "alternate dimension" in maybe the Rifts Adventure Guide.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Really? I could have sworn long before what we know as Chaos Earth now was pitched as just that, Alternate Rifts.....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

jaymz is right. It was almost the very first Rifts dimension book. Submitted by Adam Chilson in 1994/1995, with an addendum a year or two later, Kevin Siembieda mentioned it in the July 1999 issue of the Rifter (issue # 7, pages 55-57).

It was a parallel world set some 50 years after the initial "Chaos Event" occurred. Gotta love the "Wall of Mexico", second only to the Great Wall of China in its size and length, which was nearing completion, with border patrols of Mexicans and Americans trying to keep the vampires contained.

That Wall was better than the Rio Grand River flowing from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean (World Book 28), which we later learned it did not, allowing the vampires to fly/walk to Canada from Mexico if they desired by crossing through New Mexico, Arizona, or California.

Is this what you were remembering jaymz?

Jeffrey W.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Jeffrey W. wrote:jaymz is right. It was almost the very first Rifts dimension book. Submitted by Adam Chilson in 1994/1995, with an addendum a year or two later, Kevin Siembieda mentioned it in the July 1999 issue of the Rifter (issue # 7, pages 55-57).

It was a parallel world set some 50 years after the initial "Chaos Event" occurred. Gotta love the "Wall of Mexico", second only to the Great Wall of China in its size and length, which was nearing completion, with border patrols of Mexicans and Americans trying to keep the vampires contained.

That Wall was better than the Rio Grand River flowing from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean (World Book 28), which we later learned it did not, allowing the vampires to fly/walk to Canada from Mexico if they desired by crossing through New Mexico, Arizona, or California.

Is this what you were remembering jaymz?

Jeffrey W.

Yeah it is, and the fact hte major governments/powers were still relatively intact and controlling things.

\m/
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

Iron Manticore wrote:Yes, that Chaos Earth did change into this Chaos Earth...

However, one of the "Across the Megaverse" adventure ideas from the Rifts Game Masters' Guide mentions a world similiar to Chaos Earth, IIRC. As well as a world worse than Rifts Earth, called Parallax (IIRC) in which the Four Horseman won and the Lord of the Deep has had himself some offspring.

I had forgotten all about those adventure ideas, Iron Manticore. Your memory wasn't very far off.

Rifts Game Masters Guide, page 331 has idea # 93, in which Parallax is very much like Rifts Earth, but the Federation of Magic defeats the Coalition States. The NGR and Atlantis are at war, the Lord of the Deep has spawned seven offspring, and the Four Horseman of the Apocalyspe are (who knows?) quiet enough to make one wonder what became of them.

Same book, same page under "Across the Megaverse" offers idea # 95 in which on another alternate universe setting, the Coming of the Rifts never happens, and the non-Rifts version of that world, known as Chaos Earth, has a continued escalation of technology on par with Phase World, and localized poverty in the world still exists.

I'm guessing that you're remembering sort of a combination of ideas 93 and 95.

Jeffrey W.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Jeffrey W. wrote:
Iron Manticore wrote:Yes, that Chaos Earth did change into this Chaos Earth...

However, one of the "Across the Megaverse" adventure ideas from the Rifts Game Masters' Guide mentions a world similiar to Chaos Earth, IIRC. As well as a world worse than Rifts Earth, called Parallax (IIRC) in which the Four Horseman won and the Lord of the Deep has had himself some offspring.

I had forgotten all about those adventure ideas, Iron Manticore. Your memory wasn't very far off.

Rifts Game Masters Guide, page 331 has idea # 93, in which Parallax is very much like Rifts Earth, but the Federation of Magic defeats the Coalition States. The NGR and Atlantis are at war, the Lord of the Deep has spawned seven offspring, and the Four Horseman of the Apocalyspe are (who knows?) quiet enough to make one wonder what became of them.

Same book, same page under "Across the Megaverse" offers idea # 95 in which on another alternate universe setting, the Coming of the Rifts never happens, and the non-Rifts version of that world, known as Chaos Earth, has a continued escalation of technology on par with Phase World, and localized poverty in the world still exists.

I'm guessing that you're remembering sort of a combination of ideas 93 and 95.

Jeffrey W.

Nope way back in one of the early Rifetrs Chaos Earth is explained as alternate Rifts where the governments did not fall but the coming of the rifts still occurred. I am just guessing it evolved into what it became nothing more.

\m/
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

jaymz wrote:Whatever happenned to the original concept of what Chaos Earth was to be?

While I like what they did making it the immediate precursor and coming of the Rifts, I thought it was supposed to be present day Rifts Earth but in a scenario where the societies didn't crumble in thier entirety? Am I remebering this wrong?

nope you remember correctly, that was the idea for chaos earth but i guess it changed
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I like the original idea better however.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

TechnoGothic wrote:I like the original idea better however.

Blasphemer.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Jason Richards wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:I like the original idea better however.

Blasphemer.

Yeah, you Blasphemer you! :D That's OK TechnoG. it would have been a cool futuristic concept but to limit Rifts that way really wouldn't have been that much fun, esp. after seeing War Camapaign tech levels, the (now) NEMA gear seems passe in comparison., at least to me.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I would haveloved to see how Tech could have continued to evolve without the Dark Ages slowing things down.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

TechnoGothic wrote:I would haveloved to see how Tech could have continued to evolve without the Dark Ages slowing things down.

Brrrr!!!! I've done some games based upon the very idea and it gets nasty. Take some of the nastier stuff from Naruni Wave 2, Robotech, Babylon 5, Bubblegum Crisis and StarTrek, mix loosely and dump on table and grin while everyone goes "Oh Holy Sheep Dip!".
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”