New Errata for Rise of Magic, coming soon

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

New Errata for Rise of Magic, coming soon

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I talk a little bit about it on my website, but in case you missed it, Rise of Magic is going in for a reprint. I red-lined a copy of the first printing a while back for Palladium, and Kevin/Wayne are taking a look at my notes. Once the new printing is out, I'll write a new errata of what has changed from one version to the next, like I did with the Chaos Earth core book.

Just a heads up.

:ok:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: New Errata for Rise of Magic, coming soon

Unread post by Grell »

I'm really glad that you're on the front lines fighting for Chaos Earth! Poor setting needs all the love it can get.

I mentioned this in a recent topic, but what gives with the magic classes XP tables? For the life of me, I cannot find them! Also, will you be giving any feedback concerning the total lack of guidance concerning the new Chaos Magics?

Ya know, now that I think about it here's a suggestion you may or may not find interesting. I think that the Rise of Magic book would be a great and relevant platform to detail the finer points of constructing mage armor. I've always thought that Rifts magic users probably made their own and that it was probably a tradition that started with the first mages of the dark ages. Perhaps this warrants it's own topic, but I wanted to drop it here too.

EDIT: Also the section detailing the differences between cataclysm vs. post cataclysm ley lines should be clarified and the whole section could be structured better.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Jason Richards

All interesting thoughts, but remember that it's a reprint, not a rewrite. The only thing I did was make edits to existing text.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

I understand it's a reprint, I just got on a roll with some ideas that demanded to be typed out into my post! :wink:

XP tables need to be included though (still can't find them in my copy) unless I'm totally blind. Glad you're on the job though!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Jason Richards

XP tables were added. :ok:

Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Nice, now if they can just put up an errata list so I don't have to buy a duplicate book!

Jason Richards

Jason Richards wrote:Once the new printing is out, I'll write a new errata of what has changed from one version to the next, like I did with the Chaos Earth core book.

:)

Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Ha ha! I'm a clown, I know, but thanks for doing the hard research for me anyways. I anxiously await the PDF.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”