The Colony

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Elthbert
Hero

Re: The Colony

Unread post by Elthbert »

I also would not hesitate to fire should the need arise. I guess our major area of disagreement is that I think that if all hell broke lose like this that it would not take as long for people to adapt to killing others as you do. I think rural communities would adapt reasonably quickly, particluarly those with a large population use to killing.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: The Colony

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Elthbert wrote:I also would not hesitate to fire should the need arise. I guess our major area of disagreement is that I think that if all hell broke lose like this that it would not take as long for people to adapt to killing others as you do. I think rural communities would adapt reasonably quickly, particluarly those with a large population use to killing.

I have to say i think that is where we disagree. I am not saying they would not adapt, but i do not think it would be quickly. I think they will have to suffer a tragic loss to snap them back to the moment to kill or be killed. but I am gonna go out on the limb and say i hope it does not happen, though my personal believes say it is not if but when.
But until the day comes I doubt we will see the the truth of our debate. that was the draw back to the show, if it had been me and i had slipped into believing it was a real life senerio as the shrink was saying they would, I would have been more violent and aggressives with the attackers. Not the traders or the wonders but the gang aggressors, i would have made sure they understood attacking my compond would cost them dearly.

I loved the show because they had really cool ideas on making power and other little things.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”