chaos earth techno-wizards?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

chaos earth techno-wizards?

Unread post by abe »

What would the start of techo-wizardy be like?
Name some early techno-wizardy items please.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Re: chaos earth techno-wizards?

Unread post by Xar »

I can't remember if Rise of Magic has anything on this or not.

If not, I'd use the psi-mechanic from Beyond The Supernatural as a basis. Bump up his PPE, though.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

It doesn't say it started on Rifts Earth could be fully devolved thousands of years ago in another dimension and Rifts open the from Chaos Earth and Rifts Earth so class can show up. I'd just use the class as stated they have reduced spell casting abilities anyway. In the first Rifts novel the Techno-Wizard used a mushroom-like salt shaker as a healing device. I'd imagine optic helmets, TK helmet, Flares of Fear (area effect), globe of daylight fireflies to guard your camp or base, magic net mines, blinding flash flashlight attachment for a weapon, carpet of adhesion carpets come in handy as home defense also use them as a car alarm trap.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Lobo wrote:I thought Techno Wizardry was developed in a little place that became Lazlo, and within Erin Tarn's lifetime?

This is canon. As much as I LOVE TW, I don't anticipate including anything like it in Chaos Earth.

Now, given how much time and dimension-hopping is going on, it's not impossible that it could arrive during the Cataclysm in some form.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Jason Richards wrote:As much as I LOVE TW, I don't anticipate including anything like it in Chaos Earth.

TW is a key indentity of Rifts. CE deserves its on key identity so the games play and feel as different experiences. I would be very happy to see stuff that existed during CE that has not been "re-discovered" yet in the time of Rifts and maybe can only exist in CE due to the super high level of ley line energy.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I couldn't agree more. Chaos Earth is a very different game and will stand apart from Rifts.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

from the scientists there should be genomancy (magic of the genes)!
not sure what they benifits of said class should be though.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

The canon needs revision.

I don't know when to pin the blame, but at some point the Rifts books lost vision of where techno-wizardry actually came from.

Doubtful that the original game vision had Lazlo (or North America for that matter) being the creator of techno-wizardry. More likely, this was misinterpreted from the 1990 printing of Rifts RPG book page 149 paragraph 4 which has Lazlo begin "...as a tiny community of mages who had developed a new science...that blended magic and technology...has since grown to become the capital of techno-wizardry..."

In 1992 Rifts World Book Two page 13 Ancient Atlantis paragraph 4 credits that the Atlanteans "...were the first to develop techno-wizardry and created incredible machines that utilized magic as an energy source..."

In 1994 Rifts World Book Six page 91 Weapons of Manoa paragraph 1 we learn that "... the Atlanteans have developed techno-wizardry items that are beyond the abilities of any civilization known on Earth, with the exception of the Splugorth..."

In 1995 Rifts World Book Eight page 89 has a Japanese ninja clan discover techno-wizardry discover techno-wizardry for themselves without Lazlo or North America.

Also in 1995 Rifts World Book Nine page 127/131 we learn that the Republic of Santiago is adopting techno-wizardry, but it is unknown if the Professor Nostradamus Cervantes is of North America or not. If Lazlo spread TW to Santiago, then why is so little known by these people about North America? See: page 127 Foreign Relations, "CS and Others".

Okay, so what is my theory?

That most denizens of North America assume that TW originated at Lazlo or North America, even though the megaverse proves otherwise.

The first "non-canon" mention of techno-wizardry came from the writings of Plato about Atlantis. That is why the true Atlanteans have this techno-wizardry everywhere they go. Perhaps dragons helped them develop this technology?

I believe that somewhere Rifts canon does mention that Plato (secretly a great horned dragon) is THE Plato from which we humans know of the legends of pre-Rifts Atlantis. Could it be possible that Plato shared this technology with humans when Lazlo was formed in North America? I think so.

Jeffrey W.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”