Good material for Chaos Earth.

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Good material for Chaos Earth.

Unread post by Oberoth »

THE MIST

This is probably the closest thing to a Chaos Earth setting I have ever seen in a movie. Giant bugs from another dimension descend on modern civilization in a mist(D-Shift perhaps?). The inhabitants struggle to survive while trying to figure out why and how this happened. All you have to do is replace the military guys with NEMA soldiers and exchange falling ash for the mist(Or do both). This movie also shows how quickly scared and confused survivors can turn on each other. I recommend watching this before any Chaos Earth RPG session, just to get in the mood. :D
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Re: Good material for Chaos Earth.

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Agreed!
"In the Mouth of Madness" is another good one, if fer nothing more than to warp your mind with an Ear Worm of Tetris Syndrome-which makes you paranoid that Everyones minds are as warped and twisted as yours.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

Steeler49er wrote:Agreed!
"In the Mouth of Madness" is another good one, if fer nothing more than to warp your mind with an Ear Worm of Tetris Syndrome-which makes you paranoid that Everyones minds are as warped and twisted as yours.

Yup. A very twisted movie. :eek: But that's what I have come to expect from JC.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

In the Mouth of Madness and the Mist are both great movies. I also think a Starship Troopers, Night Breed, Hellraiser, Dark City, Hellboy, Clover Field, Pulse, They, Wish Master, Resident Evil, Lords of Illusions, The Happening, Feast, Iron Man and Doomsday could all add some good themes to your apocalypse campaigns.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Yeah, those creatures from the Mist made it very Rift's like. And the soldiers talking about messing with other dimensions also brings it closer to Rifts.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Astral_Explorer
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Astral_Explorer »

Dragon Head is another very good movie for Chaos Earth.

Some youth from Japan are on a train that has some sort of accident in the tunnels. No explanation other then a red flash that changed the world. After escaping the subway tunnels and one of their own who went insane. The main characters emerge into a world with a sky filling with ashes falling like snow and a destroyed landscape. All unknowing of what happened or why. Part search for answers, part survival, part love story it shows different people trying to cope with the madness pretty well.
Proud Member of the Coalition States Postal Service !!!

Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Immortal is agood Rifts-like movie.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

It would be a pretty good beginning for the end of the world.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

The Tv Show Jericho would be good inspiration for a starting point but GMs would want to twik it as there is not Supernatural events in it
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”