Chaos Earth Bunker

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Death
Explorer

Re: Chaos Earth Bunker

Unread post by Lord Death »

you can put some transdimensional parasite II http://www.merzo.net/Gallery_Project_X/ ... rasite.htm :D
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Depends on what it was used for, but a few ideas:

1) Armory. Several rifles, e-clips, and armor. A couple sidearms.
2) Motor pool. You're unlikely to find tanks or the like in a random installation, but you may find Jeep/Humvee equivalents. Possibly a suit or two of power armor, if there was a reason for heavy security.
3) Electronic equipment. Mundane computers, radios, and the like, in addition to anything special the outpost's purpose dictated.
4) Food stores. If this place was sealed, there may be still-good food stores, against emergency.
5) Crazed survivors. The place was sealed, but did everyone get out?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

don't forget books, movies, music.... most military places have such stuff present. sometimes in a library or PX, but even if not, there will be private belongings which are likely to have all this stuff.

medical supplies too. most bunkers would at least have an aid station with painkillers, bandages, and other stuff needed to stabilize patients. a full survival shelter style would likely have a complete sickbay or even a full hosptal. not to mention first aid kits.

most of the aid kits are likely to be worth less, since any chemicals inside would have long since broken down from age, but gear, like defib sets, cardiac monitors, and other such helping devices would likely still work if powered.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I located a very interesting book recently at a publishers clearance sell. I found a book on "The Fortresses of the Third Riech" by J.E. Kaufmann and H.W. Kaufmann. The illustration are what sold me on the book. There are extremely detail bunker plans within them. Including naval guns mounted in bunker complexes.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

It's empty.

But something followed them in...
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

So this is a NEMA bunker that remained hidden until the PA time period on Rifts Earth? I would suggest that you decide on a general reason for the bunker to exist. Let us assume it is a military/CD bunker. My thinking is something equal to a National Guard type facility. Lots of basic gear ranging from uniforms, outdated armor and weapons(armored vest from the NEMA volunteer, SDC military firearms including things like M203 style grenade launchers all the way up to "light" MDC and things like LAWS), tents and other emergency housing(flat pack prefab buildings, mobile HVAC units), water purification equipment(from bottle to truck sized), generators/rechargers(gas to solar to fusion), basic vehicles, and so on. If you want it to be a more "frontline" active base then upgrade the stockpiles to be more MDC equipment.

I would throw in some NEMA CDS Drones as "guards" if nothing else. You can always add a base computer(think mini Archie) to manage everything. No matter which grade of base/bunker you want to make it add lots of mundane things. Coffee machines, computer terminals, copy machines and so on.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Rahmota
Adventurer

Unread post by Rahmota »

www.civildefensemuseum.com has some lists of what could be found in american fallout shelters during the cold war so that would give an idea of some of the basic stuff. Beyond that a lot of the other stuff already mentioend is good ideas.

I had a civilian Continuity of Government bunker set up similar to the Greenbrier that one of my teams found in rifts (after a different one of them set it up during a chaos earth game). It had minimal food, medical supplies, weapon systems, etc...
TANSTAAFL!
RockJock
Knight

Really it depends on what you are going for. Do you want a military base, a CD/FEMA base, reserve military base or what?
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Further, I'd say 'what your going for' is probably your downfall, if your going for some sort of realism as you see it.

Because just deciding there is a base, poof out of thin air, probably doesn't match your idea of realism.

Go even further back in the imagined history...
1. Was there someone who wanted a bunker made?
2. If he did, where would he put it?
3. If there was no one who'd want it, bang, your idea is dead. Bunkers don't grow themselves.
4. Whoever decided there should be a bunker, or whatever commitee decided, figure out what they wanted the bunker for. This will tell you what is in it (or what was, given the huge gap of time that elapsed).
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I'm thinking of a Stargate like portal device system that could transport people to the Moon and Mars, but now with Ley Lines returning to Earth it boosts the power to send people to faraway galaxies, but still very unstable.

Maybe locked away is some of the alien gene pool from Splicers, which could lead to Splicer Bio-tech crossover.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

**survivors in stasis.

**newly revived survivors that know someone has invaded their bunker. maybe armer and armed.

**a semiautonomous AI that controls the bunker's internal defenses.

**a slow burning Atomic generator, minimum power output, but last centuries.: able to power light and automated weapons points in a small section till the sleepers are awakened. able to be used as a power source for the fusion generator once the fuel supply is restored.

**med...... not likely, just about everything in a med locker would be perishable, 70-80% would be wayyyyyyyyyyyy past it "to use date" other things like medical instruments or hardware would be okay; but drugs, :puke: thou some drug companies might buy the drug containers to examine the residue in them.
[things like super serums (think HU) to make super soldiers would be kept in a special locker that might of kept them fresh]

**weapons, survival knives, force blades, Vibro blades, (just about any NEMA equipment in CE.

***scores of tunnels

**command module, life support, entry and connector tunnels, service tunnels to silos :nuke: .

*** any of the above/below but covered with some corporate logos.

***kilts & bagpipes, coveralls, belts, etc... (clothes)

** seed bank bunker

**embryo bunker & growth tubes. (maybe something like a northern Lonestar)

**swag from one fandom or another (a Rifts Main Book game maybe :quiet: )

**automated production plant for solar cells

**a hanger with a C-130 type aircraft, or a zeppelin, or some other aircraft

**a gate to the Rift's earth nightlands to find .... all sorts of things, a land free of the sn horrors of Rifts earth, or other things.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
RockJock
Knight

In Rifts you can justify just about anything. If you want a fully intact base Rift it from the past. Throw the group a loop and make the whole base along with soldiers from 1992. Or make it during the Coming, but the base is full of dead soldiers and a mysterious plague.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:Thanks guys. I had a pretty good idea of what would be in there interms of encounters, I was thinking more along the lines of structurally, facilities and stuff like that. thanks

ok, then we need some info.

who built (NEMA, army, airforce, government, etc?)
what was it's purpose?
where is it located?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

If you want to throw your players for a loop, part way through have them go through a time gate and they end up 1) in the same but occupied bunker before the coming of the rifts, 2) same as last but after the coming of the rifts, 3) same bunker but just after it was abandoned.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
RockJock
Knight

I love Drew's idea as a way to bring your team into Chaos Earth. How will they fit in? How will they survive? Will they go on to help found a settlement? Will they be part of why Archie holds up? The possibilities are endless. The group can have huge influence and change the future they knew, or save a town that turns into dust over the next century. The real fun could be how D-Bees, and mages could plant the seed to change minds years later. Thanks again Drew, and be warned, I might just have to steal it myself:)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:snip....

**swag from one fandom or another (a Rifts Main Book game maybe :quiet: )

...snip

Barenziah58 wrote:How about copies of the Rifts Roleplaying game alone with other type of roleplaying game.

:p
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

NCIS had an episode (Good Wive's Club) where they were looking in some old Ammo bunkers for a missing sailor. Mostly it was a lot of rooms with industrial strength locks. It had some good visuals of the inside of a largely unused bunker facility towards the end of the episode.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I've seen that episode and I concur it would be a good source material for creating a base.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”