Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post subject: cities powered by Rifts?
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Explorer

I remember reading in one of the the books, I'm fairly certain it was a town/civilization creation table, that had mentioned a town powered by an active rift that had some kind of containment shield or force field.

Maybe it was specific Faze Town or maybe a TW-type Device/Generator in the Federation of Magic or somewhere in Dimensions.

I found something close to it, in the town generation rules in the Adventure Guild, but I remember it being described in more detail.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Creating towns and cities chart. I believe it was originally in Rifter #1 but an updated version is in Rifts Adventure Guide Pg. 110. Part P. is power and energy has a ley line energy.

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Explorer

Hmm, I recalled a shield being present but my memory is absolute garbage. Thanks, it what I was searching for.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Sohisohi wrote:
Hmm, I recalled a shield being present but my memory is absolute garbage. Thanks, it what I was searching for.

It is entirely possible, I would even say probable, that in the Federation of magic book, or a Tolkeen Wars book or maybe a Rifter has a community with a magical power source and a force field but I just don't know what it is.

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:11 pm

Palladin

Sohisohi wrote:
I remember reading in one of the the books, I'm fairly certain it was a town/civilization creation table, that had mentioned a town powered by an active rift that had some kind of containment shield or force field.

Maybe it was specific Faze Town or maybe a TW-type Device/Generator in the Federation of Magic or somewhere in Dimensions.

I found something close to it, in the town generation rules in the Adventure Guild, but I remember it being described in more detail.

RUE pg21 or RMB 149, the City of Lazlo (no details, but it is powered by a Rift)

Possibly you are also thinking of the Mystic Generator, a TW device (RMB pg92, it's also in BoM, or RUE pg136 has a Ley Line version called the Mystic Portable Generator) it can generate the necessary power but not a Force Field.