The official Dimension Book 9 thread...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jerell
Hero

Re: The official Dimension Book 9 thread...

Unread post by Jerell »

Drat! I was really hoping to see DB9 with him as the author. I want that more than anything else from Palladium Books.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Why don't we just call Rifts manhunter as dimension book 9 ? >drumroll<
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Braden Campbell wrote:I'm not sure, to be honest.

I haven't heard that this project has been picked up by, or passed to, another writer. currently however, I am working for Games Workshop's Black Library division, and not only do they pay in me pound sterling, but have also offered to let me write a novel for them begining this very Spring.

I hope you can see why that's taken priority so far.

Of course, you have to go with who pays you. Thats perfectly understandable.
DM Cojo
D-Bee

Unread post by DM Cojo »

I also hate having a gap in my collection...plus I think the UWW is the coolest part of the three galaxies. If they aren't going to do it, I wish they would allocate DB9 to a new project.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Riftmaker wrote:Why don't we just call Rifts manhunter as dimension book 9 ? >drumroll<

Manhunter should be "dimension book 0" (following Rifter trends) and since Heroes of the Megaverse is listed as a Rifts Dimension Book (yes it's also an HU supplement, but so was Skraypers) that could be DB9.

Making UWW when it eventually comes out, DB15.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Manhunter can't be called DB anything as Palladium doesn't really own the rights to Manhunter. There is a reason it's out of print and will never been reprinted :D

HotM....no I'd rather see it pushed aside as a neat idea and nothing more.

At this point leave it be, as we are 5 books past 9 so it has a mythos around it as the book that is there but not there.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Manhunter can be called a Dimension Book because that's what it was called on the cover.

Palladium not owning the rights to print more doesn't mean it ceases to be a dimension book, it just means we can assign it a number for organizational purposes (ie acknowledge it existed, like TMNT) and assign newer numbers to things like UWW so that their ordering reflects their initial publication date.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

And the latest word on this book is....?
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

The Beast wrote:And the latest word on this book is....?

It's still the same as it's been since March of 2012.. Braden has gone to work for another company, and no other Freelancer has picked this up. You can rest assured that if that changes, it will actually be posted in this thread.

Braden Campbell wrote:I'm not sure, to be honest.

I haven't heard that this project has been picked up by, or passed to, another writer. currently however, I am working for Games Workshop's Black Library division, and not only do they pay in me pound sterling, but have also offered to let me write a novel for them begining this very Spring.

I hope you can see why that's taken priority so far.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Oborous
D-Bee

Unread post by Oborous »

I am hoping that Braden might be looking at shoring up his income and finishing the book off considering the stock price drop in Gamesworkshop, plus the unfortunate decline of the GW Blacklibrary. His snippets and comments make this seem like an awesome project
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Oborous wrote:I am hoping that Braden might be looking at shoring up his income and finishing the book off considering the stock price drop in Gamesworkshop, plus the unfortunate decline of the GW Blacklibrary. His snippets and comments make this seem like an awesome project

Well, it depends on Palladium Books showing some interest first, i guess. :-P
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

This still sounds very interesting. Waiting...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Semi-Retired Gamer wrote:This still sounds very interesting. Waiting...

And I'm still waiting for people to start reading the recent posts on this thread before responding to it.. It's dead already, and has been for two years... let it go..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

As long as DB9 comes with a bunch of witches and fallen cosmo knights, I'll be happy.
SolCannibal
Champion

Tor wrote:As long as DB9 comes with a bunch of witches and fallen cosmo knights, I'll be happy.

New OCCs variants or you mean just NPCs?
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Sorry guys, but you can't complain...yet.
How long did we wait for the PFRPG Wolfen Empire book(s)?
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I hope thers a Map of UWW,s space.
A list of important Planets,like the Homeworlds of UWW,s members races and ther colonials.
Last edited by gaby on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolCannibal
Champion

gaby wrote:Well I hope thers a Map of UWW,s space.
A list of importan Planets,like the Homeworlds of UWW's members races and ther colonials.

Considering we are speaking of a space opera setting and the star-nation with major access to rifts, what's there to say the UWW main member races have only one homeworld each?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

OK you have a point.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

likewise, unlike the other big nations, the UWW is probably the best suited to exist in a non-contiguous form.. since they use rifts and portals and such to get around for the most part, their territory could exist as little pockets scattered all over the three galaxies. in fact, IIRC, the UWW formed when the space dwarves came to rescue one of the other founding members.. even though the dwarves were coming in not just from another star, but from a whole other galaxy..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

SolCannibal wrote:
Tor wrote:As long as DB9 comes with a bunch of witches and fallen cosmo knights, I'll be happy.

Just NPCs would be enough, although I always like new witch variants. A variety of fallens showing how the class works would be good.
SolCannibal
Champion

Tor wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

Just NPCs would be enough, although I always like new witch variants. A variety of fallens showing how the class works would be good.

True, half the fun with witches is in the kind of entities they might be connected with, such as with Memtar the Destroyer, a witch of the Death Horsemen mentioned in passing in Juicer Uprising, or Selkind the Metal Mage (that is actually a shifter, but it serves) and its masters the Drolian Council, mentioned in the War on Tolkeen books.
MidnightBlue
D-Bee

Unread post by MidnightBlue »

I was just looking through my books and the online store to see what holes I had left to fill for my Grab Bag 2016 order and noticed I was missing Dimension Book #9. I came here checking to see what that was and thankfully found this answer.

Any word on if this book is still in the works?
SolCannibal
Champion

MidnightBlue wrote:I was just looking through my books and the online store to see what holes I had left to fill for my Grab Bag 2016 order and noticed I was missing Dimension Book #9. I came here checking to see what that was and thankfully found this answer.

Any word on if this book is still in the works?

That's something a number of people would like to hear more upon, me included for certain, for sure.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Not from me, it won't be. My writing days are pretty much behind me now that I've gone back to university to get my Masters of Divinity.

This book, if it is ever to be, is now the responsibility of others.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
SolCannibal
Champion

Braden Campbell wrote:Not from me, it won't be. My writing days are pretty much behind me now that I've gone back to university to get my Masters of Divinity.

This book, if it is ever to be, is now the responsibility of others.

Wasn't there a draft or incomplete version of the book, or did it only stay at the concept stage? Can't remember right now.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I'm wondering if they actually got pretty far in doing up a cover.

I was doing a search today and came across this description: https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/11866

mentions item is SKU: PAL 0861

Unfortunately the image is pretty low-res so you can't make out much, but it feels pretty genuine:

https://d1rbbjrn2xovty.cloudfront.net/A ... 109475.jpg

Anyone able to find a higher-res version?

Weirdly says "sold out" but if it was never released in the first place, I'm thinking that might be an inaccurate way of saying "not in stock" because it was never in stock....

I'm super interested in that monster coming through the space rift and finding out who drew the cover...

now that I look at https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/List?cat=926 it seems to have other unreleased titles....

https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/248382 for example says World Book 37 Antarctica ...

https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/248379 says Chaos Earth - Psychic Scream

https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/283366 says Coalition Manhunters

those three say 'pre-order' rather than 'out of stock' though

but how come they're not listed in the Palladium Store for pre-order? very strange

covers all look convincing... I want to believe
mathygreen
Newb

Unread post by mathygreen »

This week, as I looked at my list of active topics, I took note that there were no less then four separate threads that asked the question of what Dimension Book #9 was or is supposed to be, and what has happened or is happening with it. This thread will answer your questions, because obviously, people are very concerned with the current hole in the Dimension book line.

Dimension Book #9 was supposed to be a supplement for the Phase World setting called the United Worlds of Warlock.It would have outlined and described in detail the third most influential power bloc in the Three Galaxies, but for various reasons the initial version of the project failed to materialize.Time passed.Then, about a year ago, after having written a few projects for Palladium Books, I was asked whether or not I might like to try and write a new version of it.

At first, I was unsure that a book dedicated to a single power bloc was even needed. After all, there's no Consortium of Civilized Worlds or Transgalatic Empire books.

However, once I started taking a close look at all the established UWW material, I came up with an entirely new general concept, and once pitched to Kevin, it was approved.

Work is only just now beginning on United Worlds because even as I submitted my proposal, I was mired deeply in Thundercloud Galaxy (which is going to kick butt, BTW) with a smattering of Wormwood Addenda on the side (a four-part expansion to Dimension Book #1 appearing this year throughout the Rifter.

I have already talked about my overall idea for United Worlds on both of the Palladium-oriented podcasts, Echoes from the Rifts, and Gateway to the Megaverse, so I don't believe it would be any violation of my non-disclosure agreement to repeat it here.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Axelmania wrote:I'm wondering if they actually got pretty far in doing up a cover.

I was doing a search today and came across this description: https://www.atomicempire.com/Item/11866

mentions item is SKU: PAL 0861

LOL...

Just followed the link. Apparently they are now Sold Out... "Kev'... Did you guys release it after all?!" :eek:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”