How much tech from Rists Earth is availavle on Center?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jtjr26
Wanderer

How much tech from Rists Earth is availavle on Center?

Unread post by jtjr26 »

I know Glitterboys are available and there are portals connecting the two dimensions together but how much Earth-based tech is available in Center. I recall reading somewhere that the fighters of the FWC love Triax weapons as they are untraceable in the three galaxies. For some flavour text for something I am writing I am trying to establish whats available.

Cheers.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: How much tech from Rists Earth is availavle on Center?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

depends on your GM.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

There are probably some really cheap knock-offs from that back-water planet all over the place.
Second-rate tech at best
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Fenris2020 wrote:There are probably some really cheap knock-offs from that back-water planet all over the place.
Second-rate tech at best

Alien sweatshops in massive hive worlds?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

taalismn wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:There are probably some really cheap knock-offs from that back-water planet all over the place.
Second-rate tech at best

Alien sweatshops in massive hive worlds?

I could picture that.
The Knife Master probably has more than a few of those in operation.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

It says in one of the books that the Free Worlds Council gets weapons from Rifts Earth, I think it specifically mentions Triax, as they are decent quality and untraceable but I forget where it is.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Warshield73 wrote:It says in one of the books that the Free Worlds Council gets weapons from Rifts Earth, I think it specifically mentions Triax, as they are decent quality and untraceable but I forget where it is.

Indeed. The OP itself cited that Triax bit in passing.

And yeah, someone setting up some kind of "NGR space knock-offs sweat shop" or whatever could be quite entertaining.
Something kind of like that actually happened in a friend's game set in parallel to the Tolkeen War, in fact.

Since let's be honest, no nation in Rifts Earth has anywhere close to the manpower necessary to attend the demand of anything beyond some very puny colony worlds in the 3 Galaxies. There's a whole orders of magnitude issue involved there.
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
And yeah, someone setting up some kind of "NGR space knock-offs sweat shop" or whatever could be quite entertaining.
Something kind of like that actually happened in a friend's game set in parallel to the Tolkeen War, in fact.

Since let's be honest, no nation in Rifts Earth has anywhere close to the manpower necessary to attend the demand of anything beyond some very puny colony worlds in the 3 Galaxies. There's a whole orders of magnitude issue involved there.

Hey, such a deal might save some puny colonies...because Triax ain't about to drop by and bring lawyers to serve papers.

Though it would make an amusing adventure incident of any of the PCs are Northern Gun or Triax agents, they find themselves in the Three Galaxies, and discover a planet that's churning out...you guessed it....knockoff Triax and NG gear....What are they going to do about it?

Or have them discover that the new Naruni weapons they just acquired are, under the fancy housing, clones of NG/Trix gear they're already familiar with.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

Hey, such a deal might save some puny colonies...because Triax ain't about to drop by and bring lawyers to serve papers.

I meant more along the lines of "seriously, the FWC is better off arranging someone to mass produce knock-offs, because the industries in Rifts would be unable to deliver on the demand of anything but the puniest colonies by 3G standards."

taalismn wrote:Though it would make an amusing adventure incident of any of the PCs are Northern Gun or Triax agents, they find themselves in the Three Galaxies, and discover a planet that's churning out...you guessed it....knockoff Triax and NG gear....What are they going to do about it?

Or have them discover that the new Naruni weapons they just acquired are, under the fancy housing, clones of NG/Trix gear they're already familiar with.

Incidentally, also something that kind of happened thanks to one of the players in the aforementioned Tolkeen War. Getting to be a patent holder with Naruni Enterprises can be a funny thing - and lead to very weird places when you leverage your profit into being a minor shareholder yourself. :wink:
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:[

I meant more along the lines of "seriously, the FWC is better off arranging someone to mass produce knock-offs, because the industries in Rifts would be unable to deliver on the demand of anything but the puniest colonies by 3G standards.":

And I'm sure there would be planets willing to oblige them.
Hello the Planet of the Nitrates just got a call for a steady supply of explosive shells. :D :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:[

I meant more along the lines of "seriously, the FWC is better off arranging someone to mass produce knock-offs, because the industries in Rifts would be unable to deliver on the demand of anything but the puniest colonies by 3G standards.":

And I'm sure there would be planets willing to oblige them.
Hello the Planet of the Nitrates just got a call for a steady supply of explosive shells. :D :bandit:

Naruni Enterprises probably has a monumental backlog of those in their files. :lol:
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"How much tech from Rists Earth is available on Center?"
Answer: yes. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”