UWW True Atlanteans using Warlock Marine Guns?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

UWW True Atlanteans using Warlock Marine Guns?

Unread post by RockJock »

So is this out of the realm? Basically, would 3 Galaxies True Atlanteans combat classes (Undead Slayer, and Defender mostly) have access to things like the Volcano, and other weapons(a laser, grav gun, and missile launcher I think?) built and issued to the Warlock Marines?

I bring this up because they have SNPS and have access to 3Gs equipment, even PA and starfighters, and have very limited options for 3Gs weapons that are not directly attached to one government or another. The equipment is on the heavy/powerful side, but I don't see that making it more likely they will carry a CCW HI rifle instead.

Note, this is meant characters playing in the 3Gs, or at least from clans originating there, and for TA Tattooed Men with SNPS, so weight isn't really an issue.

Anyway, just a thought that has been rattling around my head, and I wanted to see everyone's viewpoints on this.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Axelmania
Knight

Re: UWW True Atlanteans using Warlock Marine Guns?

Unread post by Axelmania »

DB3p67 gave the Warlock Marine Power Armor SNPS, and DB5p44/45 basically retconned most of their Elves/Dwarves (implied SDC per CB by DB2/3) into Asgardian ones from Pantheons, renamed Star Elves / Dwarven Guiltmasters (probably some subtle statistic differences, and Asgardians are explicitly called out as distinct from these in WB5, but for the most part that matters, being MDC and having SNPS, it's rougly equivalent) and plus it upgrade Minotaurs into SNPS "Space Minotaurs" so now there's 4 known SNPS guys in the UWW so having the Defenders/Slayers with that capacity isn't as big as an upset as one might assume, and they'd probably all be wielding the same genre of heavy weapons.

Of course, the output of guns enabled by higher lifting capacity doesn't exactly match the weight increase, I tend to find, a little disappointing. This is why you need the 100% canon Giga-Damage guns from Rifter 9.5
RockJock
Knight

I'm just looking for something better than using a standard 7-20lbs rifle for somebody with SNPS.
Axelmania
Knight

The V-81 Volcano Mark-I Plasma Discharger weighs 60 pounds, 75 with a cannister and long clip both inserted. It needs a PS of 24 to wield it, and it's the sidearm for the warlock marines who wear power armor with SNPS

page 60-61 of dimension book 3
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

RockJock wrote:So is this out of the realm? Basically, would 3 Galaxies True Atlanteans combat classes (Undead Slayer, and Defender mostly) have access to things like the Volcano, and other weapons(a laser, grav gun, and missile launcher I think?) built and issued to the Warlock Marines?

I bring this up because they have SNPS and have access to 3Gs equipment, even PA and starfighters, and have very limited options for 3Gs weapons that are not directly attached to one government or another. The equipment is on the heavy/powerful side, but I don't see that making it more likely they will carry a CCW HI rifle instead.

Note, this is meant characters playing in the 3Gs, or at least from clans originating there, and for TA Tattooed Men with SNPS, so weight isn't really an issue.

Anyway, just a thought that has been rattling around my head, and I wanted to see everyone's viewpoints on this.

Sure could. My GM has the Warlock Marines using a magically enhanced version of the Silverhawk PA and its' gun. The NE-75H "Shoulder Cannon" is also popular with characters and NPCs from a 3G backround in our campaign.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

given that Alexandria is in the UWW, i'd say that there is a chance they could be. but i'd also assume that the UWW military does not usually sell their gear to adventurers, so the items would have to be blackmarket in some fashion (whether stolen, salvaged, or 'off the books to a private security force'), making them uncommon.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
RockJock
Knight

Here are my thoughts. The Volcano is mentioned being used by infantry that is strong enough, as well as PA. It even mentions being used by humanoids with a PS of 24(doesn't mention needing to be enhanced PS of any kind). A Undead Slayer, or similar TA Tattooed man with SNPS in the 20s should be doable.

I'm looking for something that 3Gs based TA tattooed man would use as a standard long arm. The guns listed with the Warlock Marine seems doable to me. I just see a guy or gal with SNPS wanting something heavier than a light rifle. Other than Naruni there are really not many book answers to that.

BTW, A TA Undeadslayer has a minimum SNPS of 12, and that is with rolling all 1s, and taking no extra physical skills with 20-24 SNPS being a normal range.

Thanks for the feedback and comments all.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

FWIW, the Galaxtic Armory weapons (HI Lasers and GR guns) or not locked to the CCW. Theyre available on the open market, and HI Lasers in particular are pretty much open-source - techs been around so long literally everyone makes it.

I like the HI-Colonial (DB3) as a weapon for a dimension-hopping character; it doesnt do absurd damage like a lot of the other 3G weapons, and can be recharged in the sun.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Axelmania
Knight

Those big naruni cannons would be another option, I don't see why UWW wouldn't buy from them as well.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Hmmm...
The way I would look at it is the "basics" behind the character, since the UWW does have several millions of TA's as citizens.

As just some dude off the street - just like in the "Real World," how would he have access to Military Level hardware?
Law Enforcement/Government Agents - Sure, but on a case by case basis.
Military Personnel (on mission) - Yeah, that's called basic load-out! ;)

Also, depending on the individual character's outlook, the average T-man or Undead Hunter (etc) will be more likely to rely on his or her tats than heavy artillery. However, they would likely carry back-up. After all, come across a small group of Zavor, do you really want to beat on them with a summoned sword of PPE?
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Borast wrote:Hmmm...
As just some dude off the street - just like in the "Real World," how would he have access to Military Level hardware?
Law Enforcement/Government Agents - Sure, but on a case by case basis.
Military Personnel (on mission) - Yeah, that's called basic load-out! ;)

There doesn't really seem to be any restrictions on "civilians" owning "military grade" hardware in the Three Galaxies. Galactic Armory (the main supplier of the CCWs HI-Laser armaments) sells on the open market. Naruni Enterprizes armaments are available on the market and are obviously "military grade".

There's no particular mention that the UWWs weapons (Blast Rifles and the Volcano Plasma Cannon) are not on the open market. They are listed with a price that isn't even mentioned as "black market". So...

If he wants it, i dont see any reason he couldn't use it. Other than its ugly as sin. =P I

Also, depending on the individual character's outlook, the average T-man or Undead Hunter (etc) will be more likely to rely on his or her tats than heavy artillery. However, they would likely carry back-up. After all, come across a small group of Zavor, do you really want to beat on them with a summoned sword of PPE?

T-men aren't portrayed as stupid. Not having long-range armements in a universe/multiverse where lots of other people do is a really, really stupid idea.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
RockJock
Knight

Plus it is not like a Undead Slayer is ever an "unarmed civilian".
Axelmania
Knight

Let's have that "unarmed foe" debate about alignments again? :)

heck even someone with both arms severed can usually kick, and 1d6 kicks can tie some low-tier weapons for damage.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”