Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®: Dimension Books

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Explorer

Has it ever been clarified if the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle has its own power supply?

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:25 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
GT wrote:
Has it ever been clarified if the Silver Hawk Multi-Rifle has its own power supply?

Most power armor energy weapons are tied directly into the PA. They only have a separate power supply if stated, usually under payload stat.

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:18 pm

Wanderer

Warshield73 wrote:
GT wrote:

Most power armor energy weapons are tied directly into the PA. They only have a separate power supply if stated, usually under payload stat.

I think a better question is how the power would get there as it doesn't seem like there's a visible cord to cut like I think I recall there being for some weapons in Warlords of Russia.

Like could power be transferred through a port in the hand, so it doesn't require a cord to target?

It doesn't help that the cover of DB3 makes it look like that thing takes E-clips/E-canisters. It doesn't appear to require 2 hands to fire so that huge bulky thing on the bottom doesn't seem to be purely for a grip.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:57 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Candy wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
GT wrote:

I think a better question is how the power would get there as it doesn't seem like there's a visible cord to cut like I think I recall there being for some weapons in Warlords of Russia.

Like could power be transferred through a port in the hand, so it doesn't require a cord to target?

It doesn't help that the cover of DB3 makes it look like that thing takes E-clips/E-canisters. It doesn't appear to require 2 hands to fire so that huge bulky thing on the bottom doesn't seem to be purely for a grip.

The cover of DB 3 and the picture in DB 2 are pretty much the same. I have always assumed that magazine looking thing was for the grenade launcher as that is the only thing makes sense.

As for where the power comes from, I agree it is probably from the grip, similar to how Skelebots power their laser rifles.

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:40 pm

Wanderer

Warshield73 wrote:
The cover of DB 3 and the picture in DB 2 are pretty much the same. I have always assumed that magazine looking thing was for the grenade launcher as that is the only thing makes sense.

As for where the power comes from, I agree it is probably from the grip, similar to how Skelebots power their laser rifles.

Forgot about the grenade launcher, makes sense.
Also forgot skelebot precedence for palm power, good point.