Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®: Dimension Books

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:20 am

D-Bee

I am trying to figure out when the events of Megaverse in Flames (Rifts Earth) occurs in relation to the Dimension Books 10 (Hades) 11 (Dyval) 12 (Dimensional Outbreak) (Three Galaxies) has anyone been able to resolve when events occur in Post Apocalyptic Calendar on Earth with relation to the Galactic Calendar in the Three Galaxies? Any help would be much appreciated on when these coordinated attacks begin on Rifts Earth and Phaseworld .

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 pm

Rifts® Trivia Master

they are two different dimensions, and time may not flow the same there as in rifts earth's, so i'm not sure you can compare them directly.

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:53 am

D-Bee

glitterboy2098 wrote:
they are two different dimensions, and time may not flow the same there as in rifts earth's, so i'm not sure you can compare them directly.

Yeah I thought about that, but both settings have timelines of how things progress with the "Minion War" and respectively the "taut offensive" is what started the whole "Minion War" in earnest. I want to get some context for when certain events happen and I can extrapolate from there. I am running a campaign and I am thinking that the PCs will probably wind up visiting Phaseworld during the invasion. I am trying to figure out the relationship between events happening on Phaseworld and events happening on Rifts Earth. If I can't extrapolate from the books I will just arbitrarily decide as the GM, but I am trying to stick to the metaplot for this one. Sticking to the plot is usually easier on me as the GM.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: "Sometimes, I get paid in Pounds Sterling."
The Minion War could be the event that postpones the seemingly inevitable 2nd Galactic War between the CCW and the TGE...

Thundercloud Galaxy has a flock of ducks in it that can slag a Glitterboy in one melee.

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Champion

Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!
Look at some of the CS & other reports in MViF (p. 8-11) one can surmise the 'start' of the Rifts-Earth Demon Invasions start shortly before mid-December 109 P.A. or thereabouts. But your campaign can have them starting earlier, establishing a beachhead, gathering forces both from their dimensions & on Rifts-Earth, before the dates in the reports.
I agree with glitterboy, time in either/both Hades & Dyval can move at different 'speeds' than Rifts-Earth or HU-Earth.

Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:16 pm

D-Bee

BookWyrm wrote:
Look at some of the CS & other reports in MViF (p. 8-11) one can surmise the 'start' of the Rifts-Earth Demon Invasions start shortly before mid-December 109 P.A. or thereabouts. But your campaign can have them starting earlier, establishing a beachhead, gathering forces both from their dimensions & on Rifts-Earth, before the dates in the reports.
I agree with glitterboy, time in either/both Hades & Dyval can move at different 'speeds' than Rifts-Earth or HU-Earth.

I just found that blurb about the shifter that is talking with Thoth. I appreciate your help. I was hoping to be able to find an instance that I could use to orient myself in the Timeline of Phase World and the Timeline of Rifts Earth. It appears that the blurb about the shifter coming back and reporting on things going on in Hades is just what I needed. Thanks again to everybody for the help!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Hero

Silvananthus wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Yeah I thought about that, but both settings have timelines of how things progress with the "Minion War" and respectively the "taut offensive" is what started the whole "Minion War" in earnest. I want to get some context for when certain events happen and I can extrapolate from there. I am running a campaign and I am thinking that the PCs will probably wind up visiting Phaseworld during the invasion. I am trying to figure out the relationship between events happening on Phaseworld and events happening on Rifts Earth. If I can't extrapolate from the books I will just arbitrarily decide as the GM, but I am trying to stick to the metaplot for this one. Sticking to the plot is usually easier on me as the GM.

Do the books have actual timelines and tables or do you mean a bunch of references peppered in a haphazard fashion across the fluff of the books? Because one thing is far simpler to deal with than the other. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:24 pm

Knight

Knife Master in Phase World is from Wormwood, and we know from Tarn's trip that 6 months might end up being 2 years by the time you get back, although the easier explanation for that is saying time might occasionally freeze when you travel through a rift.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 am

Hero

Axelmania wrote:
Knife Master in Phase World is from Wormwood, and we know from Tarn's trip that 6 months might end up being 2 years by the time you get back, although the easier explanation for that is saying time might occasionally freeze when you travel through a rift.

I tend to prefer the second explanation, as it gives the GM freedom in the matter of occasionally messing with the passage of time but no obligation/worry about ratios & such.

Knife Master? Good, good, could you give a page reference? Wormwood native in the 3Gs is something too juicy not to tinker with for a game.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Knight

He's the masked guy in the NPC section at start of DB2

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Monk

Silvananthus wrote:
I am trying to figure out when the events of Megaverse in Flames (Rifts Earth) occurs in relation to the Dimension Books 10 (Hades) 11 (Dyval) 12 (Dimensional Outbreak) (Three Galaxies) has anyone been able to resolve when events occur in Post Apocalyptic Calendar on Earth with relation to the Galactic Calendar in the Three Galaxies? Any help would be much appreciated on when these coordinated attacks begin on Rifts Earth and Phaseworld .

Does it say anywhere that the portals from 3G to Rifts Earth are relative? There could be time dialation.

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)