New Breed: Can it be Done??

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

(Non) and Humaniod Mechanoids ???

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
30%
I am One!!
26%

Total votes: 27

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

New Breed: Can it be Done??

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

AbM Mechanoid Brain decides to re-create the Mechanoid race. Using DNA from varies "donors" the Brain creates humaniod and non-humaniod type shells with MDC (SDC worlds: Immune to normal weapons) bodies that heal faster then normal {Invinicible Guardsman...example}, install Psychic Powers(much less ISP however) and install Genetic Knowledge (As Brain, runner,ect..).

The New Breed gather data about their "cousins" and help humaniods side by side without raising any alarms.

With the level of genetic knowledge of the Brain..I think it could be done.

What are your Thoughts??
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

I think it would be interesting to see an AbM Oracle. I thought it odd that everything else Brain and below save for the Oracle were in the AbM. After all they'd add something different with their artsy and philosophical look on life.
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Re: New Breed: Can it be Done??

Unread post by bradshaw »

I would think a Mechaniod humaniod could happen, but it makes the idea of the Mechaniods watered down. Like the cylons on BSG looking like humans and not the big shining robots they should be. Mechaniods Hate humaniods so if they wanted a human spy make it an andriod like a new 8-) thin man.
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

bradshaw wrote:I would think a Mechaniod humaniod could happen, but it makes the idea of the Mechaniods watered down. Like the cylons on BSG looking like humans and not the big shining robots they should be. Mechaniods Hate humaniods so if they wanted a human spy make it an andriod like a new 8-) thin man.

An android would be too easily detected in places with sophisticated tech and good security though, so at best it'd only be any good for observing the general populace and doing random acts of terrorism and assassination. If the Mechanoids wanted to make genuinely useful spies, they'd need to make things that can pass a medical examination.

And I'm sure they'd be able to put their qualms aside and stoop to making humanoids as long as it's for a good cause (genocide) and their humanoid drones/spies can't reproduce.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Hmm...what if this has already happened? What if the Cybormen are not who they claim to be?
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

I cannot remember which issue of the rifetr it is in, but why not use the Lurker Drone as a base for a humanoid Mechanoid spy??
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

For the Aberrant Mechanoids, AbM, fighting against their brethren it makes sense, particularly if a group/colony of them can survive long enough to establish their own production and research.

Can't picture the regular Mechanoids doing this though, their hate is too great to do anything but kill the crap out of us, rather then spend time spying or defile themselves with a humanoid form.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Yes, it could be done -- but would it be done? The sticking point is the humanoid form. The hatred of creator-like lifeforms is very deeply rooted in the Mechanoids' intellect. Even among the aberrants, there is a big difference between working with bipeds and becoming one.

Let's say you had a fear of snakes. You overcome your fear. You learn to like snakes. You still probably won't want to turn into a snake or begin breeding snakes.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “The Mechanoids®”