Upgrading The Mechanoids O.C.C.s Need Help!

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Upgrading The Mechanoids O.C.C.s Need Help!

Unread post by panzerfaust »

I've recently aquired a copy of the Collected Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy and was thinking of doing a slight update up the O.C.C.s on pages 141 to 144 for use in Robotech or Rifts and one of the things I was thinking of was Keeping the O.C.C.s as they are, but allow a roll on the Alien Education Table on pages 95 to 97 of Heros Unlimited 2nd Eddition, and geting those rolled skills in ADDITION to the O.C.C. skills for each O.C.C. in the Mechanoids Book. Do you guy's think this could work? Any Input would be most helpful. Thanks everybody! :)
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

I think it would be okay, but your best cannibalizing the power armor from other palladium games.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Shades of Eternity wrote:I think it would be okay, but your best cannibalizing the power armor from other palladium games.
Uh, do you mean Importing the Power Armor from other Palladium games? :) Not sure if the thats what you meant as some grammer was missing from your reply. :-?
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

My thoughts...

If you are looking at running Mechanoids / Invasion with the current RUE rules, you are probably best served by finding existing Rifts OCCs that best emulate the Mechanoids OCCs and using the Mechanoids Worldbook for Rifts for monster stats. I am sure you can go through the various Coalition or NGR Military OCCs and get the best matches for Gideon's force and then pick the PA you feel would make the most sense.

Personally, I like to run Mechanoids "as is" because it is some great nostalgia gaming with a much more low powered feel.
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Spinachcat wrote:My thoughts...

If you are looking at running Mechanoids / Invasion with the current RUE rules, you are probably best served by finding existing Rifts OCCs that best emulate the Mechanoids OCCs and using the Mechanoids Worldbook for Rifts for monster stats. I am sure you can go through the various Coalition or NGR Military OCCs and get the best matches for Gideon's force and then pick the PA you feel would make the most sense.

Personally, I like to run Mechanoids "as is" because it is some great nostalgia gaming with a much more low powered feel.
True, I don't want to increase the Mechanoids Power Level by a lot (execpt for an upgrade to a M.D.C. setting), I just wanted to add the rolls on HU2's Alien Education table (in addition to O.C.C. skills) for characters to have a few extra skills with most selected from the Mechanoids Book. To tell the truth, I hadn't thought about including Rifts PA. I plan on MOSTLY leaving the Mechanoids Setting as is, Except for the upgrade to M.D.C. and converting weapon ranges from meters to an equal number of feet, a conversion I think works well. :)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Why do you want to go MDC with it? What will that add to your game? This is an important change. Things are crazy bad for the humans as is, but going MDC will up the problem by a huge notch. The problem I see for the players is that now their HP / SDC becomes meaningless and they are only concerned about the MDC of their armor. Also, what about the Esper's psionics? How will those be affected by the change to MDC?

The range change from 1 meter = 1 foot is fine. It will make the combat closer range which is more fun anyway. Giant ranged weapons only matter when they are indirect fire or clear lines of sight anyway.

Is there anything too weird on the Alien Education table? How many rolls would they get? Would it be based on their OCC?

Tell us about your campaign! What do you have planned?
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Spinachcat wrote:Why do you want to go MDC with it? What will that add to your game? This is an important change. Things are crazy bad for the humans as is, but going MDC will up the problem by a huge notch. The problem I see for the players is that now their HP / SDC becomes meaningless and they are only concerned about the MDC of their armor. Also, what about the Esper's psionics? How will those be affected by the change to MDC?

The range change from 1 meter = 1 foot is fine. It will make the combat closer range which is more fun anyway. Giant ranged weapons only matter when they are indirect fire or clear lines of sight anyway.

Is there anything too weird on the Alien Education table? How many rolls would they get? Would it be based on their OCC?

Tell us about your campaign! What do you have planned?
Well, it's not really a campain yet, Just some Ideas percolating in the back of my mind right now. :oops: What I was thinking was running a Homeworld Campain, you know with the Nigelian Confederacy,and all that. The M.D.C. will be there because if there's any setting that screams it needs M.D.C. it's The Mechanoids (IMHO only though). ESPER psionics (when Applicable) will do M.D. depending on the specific power. There Isn't any thing weird on the Alien Education Table in HU2 in just a list of additional skills based on education level/type, they get one roll in addition to the O.C.C. skills of their Chosen Mechanoids Book O.C.C., and no it wouldn't be based on their O.C.C., as it's a grab bag/random roll. ;) I'm also planing on dividing up the Mechanoid book skills into categories same as Heros Unlimited (most are pretty obvious where they fall). :)
Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

Well if your going to run a campaign based on Gideon campaigne then I recommend the following.

Use the Rifts man book, Coalition War Campaign, Coalition Navy and Free Quebec for your O.C.C.s (Chaos Earths is set up nice for human combat classes as well)

Depending on the Military hardware most of the GAW and Wellington stuff would work well for home brewed gear and the varies Samas and Glitter Boys suit for the military. Sure there would not be a lot of them but if Humanity was going to give it's colonies any defenses they would got would have to be practical (like the Samas and Glitter Boys)(plus they

Use Rifts Mechanoids book for the Mechanoids (Yes you saw that one coming)

For any space junk Mutants in Orbit gear is great for the humans and the Kreeger Phase world stuff for the Mechanoids.

If you need a navy the CS navy or the New Navy provides the best stuff.
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)

Return to “The Mechanoids®”