Mechanoid Missing Skills?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Mechanoid Missing Skills?

Unread post by taalismn »

I'm sure this has been addressed, but looking at Rifts Mechanoids again, I have to wonder...

The Runner is described as being a 'master of genetic engineering' and often put in charge of torturing prisoners(imlying that they know enough to keep the unfortunates alive long enough to get information/entertainment)...compared to the Brain, the Runner is a junior scientist, more given to technical matters and engineering, but still with considerable skill/clout in related fields..
Yet the skill selection does not reflect this! Neither the AbM nor the New Generation Mechanoid Runner have any science or medical skills, even at a reduced level of profficiency compared to the Brains! Either the Runners are simply good at running preprogrammed cloning hardware that's been already created/programmed by a Brain, or they're faking their expertise(or, more likely, they didn't think to introduce a Genetic Engineering skill for the book)..

Besides altering/modifying the casings for AbM and other new-generation/new batch Mechanoids, has anyone come up with anything to address skill discrpenacies in the Mechanoids...especially possible new skill acquisition/advancement for PC Mechanoids? Arguable, they wouldn't have as much capacity to learn new skills as other species(they're already heavily indoctrinated/brainloaded), but they still should be able to acquire a handful of new skills and secondary skills/interests(though I doubt we'll see anything but a truly insane Brain or Runner take up Waterskiing).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “The Mechanoids®”