Burn Notice

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Burn Notice

Unread post by Aramanthus »

It has more episodes for second season too. They are too aired starting in January. Great news about a third season.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

The third season started three weeks ago, and the dvd set for the second season was released just this week. :)
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Started re-watching them last night on DVD.

"When you get in a fight, it's important not to break the little bones in your hand on someone's face. That's why I like bathrooms... lots of hard surfaces."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

I love all the spy-tips in the series. I've found myself using that same tone of voice when instructing someone else in certain skills or situations.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

I particularly like it because it doesn't focus on the high end tech devices, but rather it mixes a gizmo making with a lot of good detective work - and a lot of what I like to call "cable" violence - if you kill someone with a name, its a major plot line, even if you only named him this episode. If its a mook, then you can dispose of the body pretty easily. Its a good model for a spy/PI game. You encourage non-letahl behavior by having them on the run from the cops. Incidentily some of my favorite eps have been where he had to get the cops off his back. Lots of property damage, limited body count, at least when they can't get someone else to do the body count for them. True whether the show is on USA, TNT (Leverage anyone), SyFy, or Spike.

But it's not like A-Team, Knight Rider, or McGuyver back in the day where if someone died it was a major thing EVERY time. While technically true (and definately appropriate), it doesn't lend itself to high flying adventure.

Another new one that's got my attention is Covert Affairs.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Tearstone
Adventurer

Covert Affairs rocks. At first I thought Piper Perabo couldn't do a spy character very well, nor did I think the character Anne Walker could pull off the spy game, but from what I've seen, I've changed my opinion quickly.

She's slick as greased glass.

Mantisking
Hero

"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Tearstone
Adventurer

Mantisking wrote:Sam Axe, the Movie!

w00t!

Mantisking
Hero

So we're two episodes into the second half of Season Four. Anyone else watching?
Mantisking
Hero

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”