N&S Miniatures

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

N&S Miniatures

Unread post by Guest »

Yes, next we'll move on to the discussion of finding and employing miniatures in N&S.

Of course, I've always found it easy to find ninja miniatures. Ral Partha's awesome six ninja boxed set is a great buy. Some board games even have little plastic ninja. Of course, if you're really cheap, and you can find them, there's always Little Rubber Ninjas.

But what about other martial artists? (Other than the obvious samurai/chinese army/monk fantasy miniatures.)

Then there's modern gun-toting miniatures. No doubt some games have great lines of these miniatures (Shadowrun comes to mind), but what do you prefer?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: N&S Miniatures

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Then there's modern gun-toting miniatures. No doubt some games have great lines of these miniatures (Shadowrun comes to mind), but what do you prefer?

I'd like it if they'd make hex-maps big enough that I could use those green army guys that you can buy in bulk...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Unread post by Guest »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I'd like it if they'd make hex-maps big enough that I could use those green army guys that you can buy in bulk...

There's always LEGO guys. On the plus side, they're customizable. On the minus side, they look like LEGOs and the guns, costumes, and accessories are kind of limited.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:I'd like it if they'd make hex-maps big enough that I could use those green army guys that you can buy in bulk...

There's always LEGO guys. On the plus side, they're customizable. On the minus side, they look like LEGOs and the guns, costumes, and accessories are kind of limited.

Hmmm... how much do LEGO guys cost...?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Unread post by Guest »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:

Hmmm... how much do LEGO guys cost...?

A LOT more than they used to. :(
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

VOID has some nice pseudo modern minis..

and Dark Haven has some decent kung fu types...
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Then there's modern gun-toting miniatures. No doubt some games have great lines of these miniatures (Shadowrun comes to mind), but what do you prefer?

I'd like it if they'd make hex-maps big enough that I could use those green army guys that you can buy in bulk...

I'd like it if they were big enough for my Marvel Legends figures.
Or at least GI Joes (the 4" ones, not the 12" ones).
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Unread post by Guest »

Sentinel wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

I'd like it if they were big enough for my Marvel Legends figures.
Or at least GI Joes (the 4" ones, not the 12" ones).

I'd think GI Joes (even the 4" ones) would be too big to provide a useful scale of combat on the average gaming table. Sure they're fairly customizable (if you have enough) and they look cool, but they're just too dang big to really work.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Guest wrote:I'd think GI Joes (even the 4" ones) would be too big to provide a useful scale of combat on the average gaming table. Sure they're fairly customizable (if you have enough) and they look cool, but they're just too dang big to really work.

I used G.I.Joe knockoff figures at a game I ran, but not as miniatures. I used them to give the players some idea of what their characters look like. They had great fun with them. Here are some actual miniatures people could use.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

I use HeroScape and Warhammer40K minis for my games when I need minis...

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

Artizan Designs makes a line called "kiss kiss, bang bang" that is all about the spy genre...

if you want martial artists, the superfigs line had a number of brawlers...

and East Riding Miniatures has their Golgo Island line with a number of kung fu types...

but that's all the 25-28mm range...
I believe Socrates said it best at, "I drank what?"

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”