Snake style chi attacks

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Snake style chi attacks

Unread post by Svartalf »

the rule books (original, "revised" and MC) state that a Snake style Kung Fu master can use a fingertip attack to channel a negative chi attack directly to a victim's hit points.

until recently, I ruled that one point of negative chi channeled destroyed one hit points of the victim... (given the amount of chi a snake master possesses, that's nasty enough) . Now, I have somebody claim that things should work exactly as in chi combat and that 1 negative chi point channelles into a victim destroys 3d6 hit points.

is there an official ruling on the subject?
as an aside, do people with chi mastery have defences against this negative-chi-direct-to-hit-points attack, and if so, how does it work?'
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

the one finger tip cho attaack is TOTALLY different from negitve chi combat.

one destroys the othes chi, the other their HP

not realted
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Snake style chi attacks

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

svartalf wrote:the rule books (original, "revised" and MC) state that a Snake style Kung Fu master can use a fingertip attack to channel a negative chi attack directly to a victim's hit points.

I believe what it's actually talking about there is Negative Chi Infection, not directly damaging the victim's hit points.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Someone asked this question before, and this is the solution I came up with.

Fu Nie / Fuk Ngat Yit (Snake Bite): This Negative Chi Mastery is exclusive to the deadly Snake Style of kung fu. When it is used, the Master channels negative chi through a single finger while touching the opponent. This causes the opponent great harm. The opponent does not have to be infected with negative chi for this attack to work. Cost: One (1) point of Negative Chi per use. Damage: 1D6 straight to Hit Points, plus the damage from the Fingertip Attack which is handled normally. Pre-requisite: Can only be used with the Fingertip Attack.

This Martial Arts Power is gained automatically at First (1st) Level, and takes the place of one of the character's M.A.P. selections. Or if your using the Revised Edition, they simply gain this ability and no selection is lost. Under the Combat Skills heading, Hand Attacks are changed to "Fingertip Attack", and "Palm Strike".
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Mantisking
Hero

{* bump *}
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Why did you bump an 8 year old thread?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

PC+1?

Not like I had any satisfactory answers to my question, but I doubt there's any fresh blood to help.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Mantisking
Hero

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Why did you bump an 8 year old thread?

Because Yendor asked the same question.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”