A few questions

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VIsgar
Explorer
Comment: Reflux adept.

A few questions

Unread post by VIsgar »

1. Is there anyway to inflict positive chi on creatures of negative chi? (The opposite of Negative Chi Attacks N&SS pg. 120)

2. In Conversion Book 1 it says "Chi Mastery powers are basically unchanged. Do half damage to the supernatural and Mega-Damage beings."
Would chi healing heal a MD Creature 1 for 1 hp , 10 for the sdc or 5 for half the sdc per point of positive chi?

3. Vibrating Palm says it cost 4 times more chi (or isp) to affect MD materials. I thought all Zenjoriki were free as long as you have 1 point of -/+ chi (except Discorporate)

4. Healing Atemi says "The result is the ability to resuscitate a character by touch alone."
Would this automatically pull someone out of a coma and bring them to 1 hp?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: A few questions

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1. Technically the answer is no, as an attack like an inverted chi combat. However, there is the Chi healing technique.

2. In Conversion Book 1 revised: "The essence of most are unchanged, but some offer physical M.D.C. or inflict Mega-Damage or offer some other bonuses."
Healing Chi is not specifically mentioned in the RCB1r text. So it not clear how it effects MDC being. Even the ""conversion text"" in rifter 3 does not mention it.

The only guidance would be from the RCB1 in that those chi powers that do damage only do half their normal damage in MD to MDC beings. So, following the inference, half of the normal amount of healing 11 (HP+SDC) is 5 (rounding the fraction down). So, following the math & inference, that is 5 MDC per +chi point used is healed.

3. *shrugs*…so the char has to have 4 +/-chi instead of just one to do MD. :wink:

4. The use of Healing chi can be done in two ways.
~Healing: does three things at once: heals hit points, heals SDC, and gives a comatose char another roll vs coma/death.
~Dispel Negative Chi: Destroys 2-1 neg chi point for every +chi point used. (This can be bring the target char to have +chi so natural healing and regeneration can take place.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
VIsgar
Explorer

Unread post by VIsgar »

4. I meant the Atemi ability Healing Atemi/Duatsu. It says it does no healing but also pulls you out of a coma.

5. Would Body Chi work to increase your speed as a creature of pure chi while using the Mind Walk Zenjoriki ability?

6. Grasping Hands Atemi says you do not do damage for the first action but do damage later rounds. Would it mean you damage per melee round or per action?

I like the answer to number 3 too. :-)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

4. Healing Atemi/Duatsu. It says it does no healing but also pulls you out of the effects of other Atemi attacks, KO, Stun, Paralize, and any other form of Temporary Shock.

Coma is not a form of Temp Shock.
Ref.: N&S revised.

5. There is no body to affect when in pure chi form. No.

6. Damage per melee round as it says.

I did answer #3. The ""cost"" to do Zen. is to have to be charged with at least one point of chi. One times 4 is 4. So the ""cost"" is to have to be charged with 4 points of chi to do MD with Vib. Palm.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
VIsgar
Explorer

Unread post by VIsgar »

Thanks for the info. All this N&S/Mystic China is new content for me.

I was agreeing with you on number 3. I just didn't think outside the box enough to come up with that answer myself.

7. Transmute Object into Chi (spell) and/or Fill Object with Chi (advanced neutral chi power). If, while Mind Walking with a weapon charged with positive chi, you attacked a negative chi creature not in a pure chi form (demon, devil, the host) would it take any chi or normal damage? Would physical contact with the positively charged weapon, if no longer using Mind Walk, have any affect other than weapon damage?

8. Evoke Animus of Pure Chi says it can defend your body using your martial arts/chi powers, that it is perpetually aware of all intrusions to the body, it can animate the body to defend the player, but the only stat related thing (vision) is Sense Wei Chi 25 feet.
Are there any stats for the animus whether attached or detached?
The only thing I know is that the Animus and creator of it share a chi-based psychic connection but does that mean you see through its eyes, experience what it does or send it orders?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

7: GM call. >I would have it just do chi damage.<
7.1: I believe it will do chi damage also.

8: (sense WeiChi is a sense that is 360 by 360. Not directional like sight.)
After reading the detach Animus, I would say that they have the same stats as the caster's body.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”