Holes as big as your fist

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Holes as big as your fist

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are some new shotgun slugs coming to market. Hollow point rounds for shotguns. They say they will make holes as big as a fist.

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/co ... _source=MA
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Marcethus
Champion

Re: Holes as big as your fist

Unread post by Marcethus »

Nice Ammo, Hmmmm since slug ammo does 5d6 IIRC, This should do around 7d6 methinks.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

My fist or Brock Lesnar's?
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

There are some pre-existing rifle rounds that are essentially a hollow bullet filled with lead shot. They are marketed as anti-varmint rounds (usually used against groundhogs) and will turn a large varmint into basically a fur sack full of jelly. Interestingly, these rounds are specifically prohibited by the Geneva Convention for use in war.

There are a TON of specialty shotgun rounds out there. One of my favorites is Strung Buck. Basically 3 feet of cable attached at each end to a 00Buck ball. To 50 feet it acts like a slug. Past 50 feet the cable unwinds, turning into a spinning bolo cable with a forward velocity of roughly 1500 feet per second.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

wyrmraker wrote:There are some pre-existing rifle rounds that are essentially a hollow bullet filled with lead shot. They are marketed as anti-varmint rounds (usually used against groundhogs) and will turn a large varmint into basically a fur sack full of jelly. Interestingly, these rounds are specifically prohibited by the Geneva Convention for use in war.

There are a TON of specialty shotgun rounds out there. One of my favorites is Strung Buck. Basically 3 feet of cable attached at each end to a 00Buck ball. To 50 feet it acts like a slug. Past 50 feet the cable unwinds, turning into a spinning bolo cable with a forward velocity of roughly 1500 feet per second.

Dear lord tell that you have a youtube link for these things in action.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"