Hollywood acting skill programs?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Hollywood acting skill programs?

Unread post by Nightmask »

Splitting this off from the Chao Ta Kung Fu thread as it rates its own discussion thread. Namely what skills are suited to someone looking for a career in Hollywood such as acting or stuntwork and how would you set up the various skill programs. I can see at least three different skill programs:

Actor: The basic skills required to act and perform in a believable fashion.

Stuntman: The basic skills for the people who do the dangerous tasks of standing in for the main actors and doing the action scenes that people love to see, as well as what optional skills would supplement this.

F/X: The basic skills for creating the special effects that so wow the public in the theaters, the kinds of things that can't or aren't done with computer graphics (which would be a different skill program).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mercdog
Hero

Re: Hollywood acting skill programs?

Unread post by Mercdog »

Gotcha covered. ;)

Showbiz Programs

Entertainer (Actor/ Musician)
Performance, Public Speaking, Wardrobe & Grooming, Dancing, Impersonation or Singing, Disguise or Play Musical Instrument, Seduction or Streetwise, and one Communication, Physical or Technical Skill of Choice

Director/ Film-maker
Computer Operation, Creative Writing, Art, Business & Finance, Optics Systems, TV/Video, Research, Performance or Public Speaking, and Wardrobe & Grooming

Stuntman
Automobile, Acrobatics or Gymnastics, Aerobic Athletics or Body Building, Fencing or Combat Driving, Performance or Impersonation, Climbing or Swimming, Wardrobe and Grooming, two Physical or W.P. Skills of Choice, and Hand to Hand: Expert or Hand to Hand Martial Arts.

Special Effects: Creature and Make Up Effects
Art, Computer Operation, Basic Electronics, Basic Mechanics, Jury Rig, Whittling & Sculpting, Disguise, Wardrobe & Grooming, and Performance.

Special Effects: Pyrotechnic Effects
Chemistry, Demolitions, Demolition Disposal, Basic Electronics, Basic Mechanics, Jury Rig, and Firefighting.

Special Effects: Computer Animation
Art, Computer Operation, Computer Programming, TV/Video, Optics Systems, and Performance.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

A very nice selection there Mercdog! Thanks for the contribution!
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Your welcome. :)

I do what I can with what I've got.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...