zenjorike abilities

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

blade76
Explorer

zenjorike abilities

Unread post by blade76 »

They are the most under developed aspect of N&S martial arts repertoire, what ieas for unique zenjorike would you suggest for kuseru's aikakai aikido. I created the power

Mirror Force

The ultimate principle of aikido is to turn the force of an attack against the attacker. This is the accumulation of that principle. The user creates a semi translucent formless aura of force that surround them which flows with their movements. It is the pinnacle of aikido philosophy of a flowing attack and defense and augments their movements.

Game rules:
The aura changes between formless and slippery to hard and indestructible.It's indestructibility allows a user to overcomes strength disadvantages in combat are to extend movement with equal but opposite force making overpowering an aikido master in grappling impossible as the field compensates for strength while allowing a master overcome a stronger opponent as the field compensates for difference in physical ability.

It can only parry attacks while in this stance, with any attack a master can anticipate being deflected, ranged attacks are at -2 instead of 6 and an parry neutralizes the attack.Hand to hand attacks push the character out of reach on a successful parry and the field prevents grappling while being used and makes all flips/throws successful upon initiation.

A misconception is while it protects it is not a force-field, it offers no protection from area attacks or attacks a master can't intercept and provides no protection from non grappling assault.

Lasts for 1 melee per 3 levels
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: zenjorike abilities

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

blade76 wrote:They are the most under developed aspect of N&S martial arts repertoire, what ieas for unique zenjorike would you suggest for kuseru's aikakai aikido. I created the power

Mirror Force

The ultimate principle of aikido is to turn the force of an attack against the attacker. This is the accumulation of that principle. The user creates a semi translucent formless aura of force that surround them which flows with their movements. It is the pinnacle of aikido philosophy of a flowing attack and defense and augments their movements.

Game rules:
The aura changes between formless and slippery to hard and indestructible.It's indestructibility allows a user to overcomes strength disadvantages in combat are to extend movement with equal but opposite force making overpowering an aikido master in grappling impossible as the field compensates for strength while allowing a master overcome a stronger opponent as the field compensates for difference in physical ability.

It can only parry attacks while in this stance, with any attack a master can anticipate being deflected, ranged attacks are at -2 instead of 6 and an parry neutralizes the attack.Hand to hand attacks push the character out of reach on a successful parry and the field prevents grappling while being used and makes all flips/throws successful upon initiation.

A misconception is while it protects it is not a force-field, it offers no protection from area attacks or attacks a master can't intercept and provides no protection from non grappling assault.

Lasts for 1 melee per 3 levels

Confusing. I have no idea what this power actually does except provide a penalty to ranged attacks.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

*two thumbs down*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Ninjabunny wrote:Yeah I am lost this power make little sense.

The power is designed to provide leverage in grappling against bigger larger opponents who a fighter might have the skill but lack physical stature and power to successfully pull a flip, lock hold on.

This thread is also open to new ideas for zenjorike , the current skills are rather old and outdated, so if anyone has new ideas for zenjorike,I'm all ears.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

blade76 wrote:The power is designed to provide leverage in grappling against bigger larger opponents who a fighter might have the skill but lack physical stature and power to successfully pull a flip, lock hold on.

That's what Soft Chi is for.

blade76 wrote:This thread is also open to new ideas for zenjorike , the current skills are rather old and outdated, so if anyone has new ideas for zenjorike,I'm all ears.

I think I've posted a couple here and there. And we've talked about them before, like the topic you posted here, and here.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

blade76 wrote:

The power is designed to provide leverage in grappling against bigger larger opponents who a fighter might have the skill but lack physical stature and power to successfully pull a flip, lock hold on.

This thread is also open to new ideas for zenjorike , the current skills are rather old and outdated, so if anyone has new ideas for zenjorike,I'm all ears.

There are no penalties for grappling larger opponents, so this ability is unncessary.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”