Recon....Online?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

johnnyeagle
D-Bee

Recon....Online?

Unread post by johnnyeagle »

Any groups out there playing this via online? Or...have any ideas on how to execute this as an online RPG? Just purchased this as my reentry into RPG after a long time away....decades.....
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Recon....Online?

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Online? There are a few different venues for shopping around for online RPG groups. I have had success just using google hangouts and just playing that way since I have a mix of in person and online players. No real setup, it is free and as long as they have a gmail and a webcam, it works very well. It does require more narrative than in traditional table top since you have to really describe things very well, but it has worked for me and my wife and our group of 7 for over 5 years. There are other formats such as Roll20, but I have never used them so I cannot comment on them.

You might have some difficulty finding players since it is a fairly niche game, in a niche genre, from a polarizing publisher, but I wish you the best of luck.

Welcome back to the (virtual) table :)

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
johnnyeagle
D-Bee

Unread post by johnnyeagle »

Thanks. Hopefully, I can find a group to get going. I have a webcam, skyle and a gmail account. I have two former coworkers that I may try to serve as a MD for, but only after I get some action.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

I know this is late but I haven't been online in a while. Welcome to the World of RECON :)

Another place to play is roll20.net which has free or paid services.

I can do text-based games. Language issues prevent me from doing voice.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”