Revised Weapons for RECON

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

beachhead1985
Newb

Revised Weapons for RECON

Unread post by beachhead1985 »

Hi guys, first post; great to be here!

RECON was my first ever RPG and It's given me many good hours over the years; even just reading the book and enjoying the art was a pleasure.

Far from perfect though, but good enough.

As with most RPGs though, I take issue with the weapons and RECON gives me more reason to protest than most. It seems that someone thought that the ammunition in an M1 Carbine was the same as that used by a BAR, M1 Garand, ect.

So here is a revised weapon table I did up recently for RECON. I corrected some stats; aiming for a balance between game flavour and realism. I also simplified some things to make for less referring to tables in the book. it's far from perfect, but I think a great improvement over that offered in the basic rules.

Basically all you need to make use of this table are the core rules.

So anyone interested is welcome to take a look and tell me what you think.

If you're interested in seeing this in other formats; fill your boots, but I stick to MS Office.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw28z9aj5hy7l ... .xlsx?dl=0

Thanks for your time and if the devs are reading this; thanks for making a cool game.
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Revised Weapons for RECON

Unread post by slade the sniper »

I am glad that you like the game, and that you found this small corner of the interwebz. I am looking over your charts. I agree that some of the weapons damages and descriptions were off, but rather like you, I just home ruled a lot things.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”