Iraq Campaign

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

turko
D-Bee

Iraq Campaign

Unread post by turko »

I'm running a Recon campaign in Vietnam right now. After that I plan on doing an A-Team/mercenary-type campaign. But after that I want to do an Iraq War campaign. Has anyone here run Recon with the Iraq War as the setting? Were there any major changes you had to come up with as far as what is presented in the rulebook?

I don't know if this has already been covered at some point, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway since the Recon section of the forum doesn't seem to get much action....
Last edited by turko on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Iraq Campaign

Unread post by Jefffar »

Most of the weapons in use would be close enough to the weapons in Recon to be easily carried over.

Biggest changes would be the increased availability of tech goodies like Night vision and Drones might require changing skill selection a bit, maybe even creating a new MOS.

More effective body armor might necessitate some actual rules for it. Probably something like redu ing the damag e from certain attacks.

Might need more less lethal weapons due to the semi-policing nature of the conflict.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
turko
D-Bee

Unread post by turko »

Yeah, I hadn't thought about body armor. A reduction in damage would be a good idea, depending on the type of armor being worn. It would probably be important to keep track of hit locations in that case. The ROE would probably be a lot stricter, too, which could lead to a lot more opportunities for role-playing and strategy.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Also, a modern, volunteer, professional army is probably going to have more training and thus more skills than a short service conscript force from the Vietnam era.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Indeed.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Uh, helmets and armor currently used are primarily anti drag with minor low cal ballistic protection without the single use plate. Unless you... Never mind dragonskin didn't come out till post 9/11. No enemy air support or ground to air defense.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

'91 or '03?

Never ran a Recon game about the Iraq War, but I ran a Cyberpunk 2020 game in a fictitious country with oil in which a corporation invaded, but, this invading corporation had advanced technology like the ability to cloak, electric-tanks and rail-guns. The native forces usually were slaughtered. However, two anti-tank guns on a ridge were able to destroy several IFVs and stop an advance. The drones found one of them but the other, they just could not detect it with their sensors; they kept failing their awareness-notice rolls even with IR and image-enhancement. They even called in A-10 and even a stealth-bomber-strike and missed.

I always wondered what would happen if in '91, we did not stop and kept going to Baghdad?
turko
D-Bee

Unread post by turko »

Peacebringer wrote:'91 or '03?

The '03 Iraq war.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

91 was better with the last awesome tank battle.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”