Weapon Effectiveness Calculator?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CaptainKaroda
Newb

Weapon Effectiveness Calculator?

Unread post by CaptainKaroda »

Howdy friends-

I am a new MD for RECON, having just found the game a little while ago. After reading through both the original and advanced books, I recently playtested a few scenarios (combat, etc.) to make sure I've got things down and I'd say I do. I'm now ready to have a few of my friends online on Roll20 play a game. However, the one thing that dragged while playing myself (and the people I've had playtest Roll20 to make sure things work correctly) was how many and how often tables are used while in combat. I am currently working, very slowly, on putting together a Google Sheet to automatically calculate adjusted weapon effectiveness (i.e. what you have to roll at or under to hit after factoring in your stance, your target's, range, etc.). While I am working on this, I figured I should ask around and see if someone has already created something like this. Once I am finished with mine (and have tested it to make sure it works), I will happily post it here for other to use. Also, if you have any tips for setting up a Google Sheet for this, please do let me know. Thanks!
CaptainKaroda
Newb

Re: Weapon Effectiveness Calculator?

Unread post by CaptainKaroda »

To quote Professor Farnsworth, "Good news, everyone!"

A friend of mine who does Excel and Sheets work semi-professionally has managed to put together a hit chance calculator for RECON. It is available at the link below.

To use the calculator, copy it to your Google Drive (or download and open in Excel). Input your basic effectiveness with a given weapon. Select the weapon type, then the range, and then the target and marksman positions. Below your selections, you'll see the Target Position Modifier and Marksman Position Modifier. Finally, you'll see the final effectiveness - the number you must roll at or under to hit. This table does include the Shotgun class' positive modifier for close range shots. I am also told you can modify the ranges and modifiers without issue, but adding or subtracting (ie going from 4 range categories for the Rifle class to, say, 10) categories will throw the calculator off. I have not tried this but I imagine it is the case. I hope you all enjoy and find it as useful as Payback Enterprises has so far!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

I used hit-charts from a lot of video-games; I used one from Steel-Panthers, and Enemy-Engaged. They were percentage-charts; I remember that at best, an SA-7 had usually a 7% chance of hitting!
jd1
D-Bee

Unread post by jd1 »

CaptainKaroda wrote:To quote Professor Farnsworth, "Good news, everyone!"

A friend of mine who does Excel and Sheets work semi-professionally has managed to put together a hit chance calculator for RECON. It is available at the link below.

To use the calculator, copy it to your Google Drive (or download and open in Excel). Input your basic effectiveness with a given weapon. Select the weapon type, then the range, and then the target and marksman positions. Below your selections, you'll see the Target Position Modifier and Marksman Position Modifier. Finally, you'll see the final effectiveness - the number you must roll at or under to hit. This table does include the Shotgun class' positive modifier for close range shots. I am also told you can modify the ranges and modifiers without issue, but adding or subtracting (ie going from 4 range categories for the Rifle class to, say, 10) categories will throw the calculator off. I have not tried this but I imagine it is the case. I hope you all enjoy and find it as useful as Payback Enterprises has so far!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Just downloaded the file and it's not working right. Is it working for you?

jd1

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”