Rathorc's New Mutants

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Re: New Mutant

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Nice story, Taalismn.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Nice story, Taalismn.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Thanks...your efforts deserved epic application... :bandit:

Besides, having worked in a seafood place with a walk-in freezer...I can see the potential for miniature combat among the foodstuffs...played either for laughs or for life-and-death suspense
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing the Yehudi in the next Rifter as a April Fools item. Who knows, maybe people will get a laugh out of it.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another one for you Taalismn:

Oregonian Forest Octopus (Chimera)
Original Animal Characteristics:
Description: The Oregonian Forest Octopus is a Octopus-like creature that lives in the forests of Oregonian and swings from thick tree limbs in order to move around between water sources. It can move for long stretches on the ground only by dragging itself along. There were numerous reports of a strange fur-covered creature that resembles this for at least 5 years before the Crash.
Size Level: 4.
Length: 6 ft (1.8 m).
Weight: Up to 10 lbs.
Build: Medium.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 40.
Attribute Bonuses: +2 I.Q., +3 P.S.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Full: All 8 arms end in finger-like appendages.
Biped: Automatically None: All 8 limbs are converted into arms. It can only move along the ground by dragging itself.
Speech: Automatically None: Its voice is that of hoots & howls.
Looks: None & Weird: Looks like a large, fur-covered Octopus with 8 limbs that end finger-like appendages. The fur ranges from rust-red to a beep brown.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Beak.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Multi-Limb Coordination (See Rifter # 29).
Automatically gets Climb at 80%.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Vision.
5 Bio-E for Night vision.
10 Bio-E for Suction Cups on hands: This helps the mutant to grab hold of tree limbs and swing.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Predator.
-10 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Prey.
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Carnivore.
-15 Bio-E for Semi-Aquatic Respiratory System: This means that the mutant can only stay out of water for 1D4 hours at a time.
-15 Bio-E for Semi-Aquatic Vestigial Skin: This means that the mutant can only stay out of water for a maximum of 1D4 hours at a time.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

History of the Tree Octopus...this was originally posted online as a 'mocumentary' website hoax with such teaser details as predation by sasquatch...
Problem is, when shown to a class of kids, 24 out of 26 thought it was real....

Of course, once the gene-kit pranksters got to it...it WAS...

Still...I have this image in my mind of guerilla octupi swinging through the trees in camou warpaint (actually, I'd suggest that for 15-20 pts, giving them chameleon-like color-changing skin with the ability to create patterns) throwing handgrenades and wreaking mayhem on forest invaders....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I would have included the Chameleon skill, but the problem is that it has fur.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I would have included the Chameleon skill, but the problem is that it has fur.

Why would that stop it?
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
taalismn
Priest

Anybody done flying squid yet? Takling a look at some of those deepsea squid...big membranes between the tentacles suggest flying squirrel flaps...the forward fins a set of canards...Gliding's easy enough...Air Jet Propulsion would be hellishly expensive, Bio-Points-wise(and would probably be tied into PE stat...you really need to huff and puff to toss your way through the air this way...or eat an all-bean diet...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Hey, Taalismn, I'm working on that Elephant one for ya right now. It's going to be a pain in the ass to do, stat-wise, I already have a headache from it. I'll consider doing the Great Flying Octopus for yeah, but it'll have to wait due to the fact that I wanna do the last one that you requested along with the Burrunjor of Austrailian myth.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

And Voila:

South American Pygmy Tree-Climbing Elephants (Chimera)
Description: The South American Tree-Climbing Elephants are a rare creature that is said to inhabit the mid-canopy of the Amazon rainforest canopy. They travel from tree to tree by swinging their bodies using their long, arm-like trunk and grasping each branch as they are swung from the previous one. It’s able to climb up tree’s with relative ease by using a combination of its trunk and its 4 legs, each of which have finger-like appendages and a thumb-like appendage on them. They were created by combining the DNA of a Elephant, a Monkey and a Chimpanzee.
Size Level: 10.
Height: 5 ft. (1.5 m).
Weight: 400 lbs.
Build: Short.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 15.
Attribute Bonuses: +5 I.Q., +2 M.A., +2 M.E., Brute Strength, +11 P.S.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Full.
Biped: Automatically Partial (Special): Has finger-like projections on the ends of the feet.
Speech: Automatically None.
Looks: None & Weird: Looks like a Elephant, but is smaller, thinner, and more agile looking. The main differences between a normal Elephant and the South American Pygmy Tree-Climbing Elephant is that it has a trunk that’s 2 ½ times longer than on a normal Elephant and ends in finger-like projections that have full manipulation, its head is more rounded (in the way that it has a bigger brain case), its somewhat fur-covered and its 4 limbs end in finger-like Projections that have full manual dexterity.

Natural Weapons:
Automatically gets 2D6 damage Tusks.
5 Bio-E for 4D6 damage Tusks.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Advanced Vision.
Automatically gets Advanced Smell.
Automatically gets Prehensile Feet.
Automatically gets Extra Limb: Advanced Prehensile Trunk (Special): The trunk serves as a additional Full hand. At the end of the trunk are the equivalent of 4 strong fingers, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Taste.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Touch.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Smell.
10 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed.
10 Bio-E for Beastly Strength.
15 Bio-E for Crushing Strength.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
Automatically gets Vestigial Tail.
-5 Bio-E for Nearsightedness.
-5 Bio-E for Color Blindness.
-5 Bio-E for Musk Glands.
-5 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore.
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Ruminant.

signed,
Rathorc Lemenger
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another one:

Miraj (Chimera)
Description: The Al-mi'raj (generally truncated as Mi'raj or just Miraj) is a mythical beast from Islamic poetry said to live on a mysterious island within the Indian Ocean.
Size Level: 5.
Height: 35-40 inches (0.9-1 m).
Weight: 25-40 lbs. (11-18 Kg.).

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 30.
Attribute Bonuses: +1 M.E., +3 P.P., +4 P.S. & +5 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically None.
Biped: Automatically None.
Looks: None & Weird: It is a large, yellow rabbit with a single, black, spiralling horn protruding from its forehead two feet, much like a unicorn. It has a short snout that contains sharp, pointed teeth.

Natural Weapons:
Automatically gets 1D8 damage Horn.
Automatically gets 2D4 damage Retractable Claws.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Retractable Claws.
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Teeth.
10 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Teeth.
10 Bio-E for 2D8 damage Horn.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Leaping: Rodent.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Hearing.
5 Bio-E for Nightvision.
5 Bio-E for Predator Burst.
5 Bio-E for Righting Reflex.
5 Bio-E for Brute Strength.
10 Bio-E for Leaping: Feline.
10 Bio-E for Extra Mental Affinity.
10 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
15 Bio-E for Beastly Strength.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Ears.
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail.
-5 BIO-E for Color Blindness.
-10 Bio-E for Nocturnal.
-10 BIO-E for Vestigial Horns.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

I'll let my co-worker know tomorrow at work of your do-up of her family myth critter....
Looks good and my thanks... :ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Your welcome Taalismn. and thanks.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

My colleague was quite pleased...even took a hardcopy to show her father that the critters have been documented for posterity... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Considering that you didn't DO anymore mutant, Duck-foot, I figured that I'd do some Dino's.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another one for Austrailia:

Burrunjor (Chimera)
Description: Burrunjor can best be described as a huge, bipedal-walking reptilian monster. Tyrannosaurus comes to mind. Whatever Burrunjor is, ‘he’ leaves huge three-toed tracks behind him wherever he strides. This is significant, because there have been suggestions that Burrunjor could be based upon the ‘extinct’ giant Australian monitor Lizard, Megalania prisca, which reached up to 30ft [9.14m] and which is almost the height reached by Burrunjors claimed seen by both Aborigines and Europeans. In truth, it is a creature that was created by a group of reptilian aliens as a sort of “Pest Control” creation that they created by combining Emu, Crocodile, and Monitor Lizard DNA. They placed 5 of the creatures in Australia as test subjects so they could see what would happen.
Size Level: 23.
Height: 50 ft. long, 20 ft. tall (15.24 m, 6.09 m).
Weight: Up to 15,000 lbs. (6,750 kg).

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 0.
Attribute Bonuses: +9 P.S., Brute Strength, +2 P.E., +6 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Partial.
Biped: Automatically Full.
Looks: Automatically None: Looks similar to a bipedal dinosaur, with a rectangular, box-shaped head, massive mouth that extends to below the small eyes that are on either side of the head, and nostrils that are at the end of the snout. No external ears. Has a short, thick neck & short, 3-fingered arms coming out from either side of the main trunk of the body. The body is held up by thick, scaly, bird-like legs & is balanced by a short, thick tail. The feet have 3 splayed, clawed toes with large, thick claws.

Natural Weapons:
Automatically gets 3D6 damage Teeth.
5 Bio-E for 4D6+2 damage Teeth.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Running Claws (on the feet).
5 Bio-E for 2D4 damage Bird Talons (on the hands).

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Advanced Smell.
Automatically gets Light Natural Armour: A.R.: 9, +25 S.D.C.
Automatically gets Nightvision.
5 Bio-E for Internal Compass.
5 Bio-E for Leaping: Standard.
5 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Predator Burst.
10 Bio-E for Extra Speed.
15 Bio-E for Medium Natural Armour: A.R.: 11, +40 S.D.C.
20 Bio-E for Heavy Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 14, +60 S.D.C.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Colour blind.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail.
-10 Bio-E for Nearsightedness.
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.
-10 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Predator.
-10 Bio-E for Nocturnal.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another of your requests Taalismn:

Common Flying Squid (Chimera)
Description: The Common Flying Squid is a creature commonly found in in forests around the globe. It is said to be a good omen when you see one flying over head. It is a curious creature that watches things, in order to see if its prey or just something to keep out of the way of. It uses all its limbs to move around, but uses the longest 2 limbs to grab at things and to climb.
Size Level: 3.
Height: 24 inches (60 Centimetres).
Weight: Up to 10 Lbs.
Build: Long.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Attribute Bonuses: +4 P.S., +2 P.P.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically None on the 8 shorter Limbs. Automatically Full: On the 2 longer Limbs there are 4 finger-like projections and a thumb-like projection.
Looks: None & Weird: Looks like a Squid, but is covered in brownish fur, has forward facing, large eyes and a thin membrane between 8 out of the 10 limbs, and finger-like projections at the end of the 2 longest arms.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Beak.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Glide: Can only be used when going from 1 tree to another.
5 Bio-E for Extra Mental Affinity.
5 Bio-E for Night Vision.
10 Bio-E for Advanced Touch.
10 Bio-E for Multi-Limb Coordination.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Colour Blindness.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Flying Squid---BAD omen if you're Captain Nemo flying your seaplane inland, one of these suckers gets sucked into an engine, and you don't have a convenient body of water to land in...

As always... :ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Thanks Taalismn. More goodies to come, just have to pick what ones.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Thanks Taalismn. More goodies to come, just have to pick what ones.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Ah, real biological smorgasbord, no?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:i could do more mutants i just lost steam on it

Happens to all of us...nine zillion ideas, and you fatigue out when you try to write'em all out...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Please tell me what everyone thinks of the latest batch of mutants.

May be a little late but. yes they are different and I like what has been read.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

[quote="taalismn"][quote="Rathorc Lemenger"]Thanks Taalismn. More goodies to come, just have to pick what ones.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.[/quote]

Ah, real biological smorgasbord, no?[/quote]

Pretty much, yes. There's gonna be 2 Prehistoric creatures and a new Horse.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's one of the Rodents that I promised:

Rodent: Epigaulus (Mylagaulidae)
Description: The Epigaulus or the Horned Gophers were several related species of herbivorous rodents from the Late Miocene and the earliest Pleistocene eras, belonging to the extinct genus Ceratogaulus, in the family Mylagaulidae.
As their common name indicates, they had two horns; these were large, paired, and originated from the nose. Horned gophers are the smallest known mammals to have horns, the only known species of horned rodent, and (aside from one fossil species of Armadillo, Peltephilus), the only known fossorial horned mammals. They were native to what is now the Great Plains of North America.
The role of the horns is subject to much speculation; possibilities include digging (although this has largely been ruled out by the horns' position and orientation), mating displays or combat, and defense from predators. Because the horns were not sexually dimorphic, their role in defense seems most likely.
In most other respects, the animals resembled modern Marmots. They were approximately 30 centimetres (0.98 ft) long, and had paddle-like forepaws with powerful claws adapted for digging. They also had small eyes, and probably had poor eyesight, similar to that of a Mole. These features suggest that they were likely to be burrowing animals.
Size Level: 2.
Height: 8-14 inches (0.18-0.3 m).
Weight: 1-5 lbs.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 70.
Attribute Bonuses: +2 I.Q., +1 M.E., +2 P.P., +4 Spd. & +2 M.A.

Human Features:
Hands: 5 Bio-E for Partial. 10 Bio-E for Full.
Biped: 5 BIO-E for partial. 10 Bio-E for Full.
Speech: 5 BIO-E for Partial. 10 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: In most other respects, the animals resembled modern Marmots. They were approximately 30 centimetres (0.98 ft) long, and had paddle-like forepaws with powerful claws adapted for digging. They also had small eyes, and probably had poor eyesight, similar to that of a Mole. They had a pair of short horns sprouting side-by-side on the snout. They have short, brown fur covering their bodies.
5 BIO-E for partial: Humanoid with a Marmot-like head and face, widely spaced, dark eyes, small, round ears, short, thick neck, thick body with short arms & legs. Fingers are longer while the claws are shorter. The horns are smaller than before. The fur on their body is like peach fuzz & brown in color.
10 Bio-E for Full: Rat faced: Long pointes chin and nose, small, dark eyes & small round ears. Wide mouth with small teeth, thin lips (if any). Stout, squat body, powerful build, but with small delicate hands, short, stubby fingers and long fingernails. Course brown hair covers the body except for hands, feet, face, neck and belly.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Climbing Claws.
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Teeth.
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Horns (cannot be combined with Full Looks).
10 Bio-E for 2D6 Digging Claws.
10 Bio-E for 1D6 Horns (Cannot be combined with Full Looks).
10 Bio-E for 2D4 Rodent Gnawing Teeth (Special).

Mutant Animal Powers:
10 Bio-E for Digging.
10 Bio-E for Advanced Smell.
10 Bio-E for Brute Strength.
15 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed.
20 Bio-E for Tunnelling.
20 Bio-E for Righting Reflex.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore (eats mainly roots).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Last edited by Rathorc Lemenger on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's the Horse:

Horse: Quagga
Description: The Quagga (Equus Quagga) is an extinct subspecies of the Plains Zebra, which was once found in great numbers in South Africa's Cape Province and the southern part of the Orange Free State. It was distinguished from other zebras by having the usual vivid marks on the front part of the body only. In the mid-section, the stripes faded and the dark, inter-stripe spaces became wider, and the rear parts were a plain brown. The name comes from a Khoikhoi word for zebra and is Onomatopoeic, being said to resemble the Quagga's call. The only Quagga to have ever been photographed alive was a mare at the Zoological Society of London's Zoo in Regent's Park in 1870.
Size Level: 16.
Height: 4-5 feet at the shoulder (1.25-1.6 m).
Weight: 510-990 lbs (230-450 kg).

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Attribute Bonuses: +1 P.S., +3 P.E. & +6 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: 10 Bio-E for Partial. 15 Bio-E for Full.
Biped: 10 BIO-E for partial. 15 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Looks like a Zebra but it was a yellowish-brown zebra with stripes only on its head, neck and fore-body. It has a medium-sized white tail.
5 BIO-E for partial: 3 toes and fingers, long face, yellowish-brown stripes in the skin of the head, neck, shoulders, while the rest of the body is a light reddish-brown on the rest of the body, large eyes and ears, thin limbs, short, white tail, mohawk running across head and down back.
10 Bio-E for Full: long face, thin limbs, powerful body, pointed ears, thick, brown hair with blondish streaks running down it, ridge of hair runs across top of head and down neck.

Natural Weapons:
5 BIO-E for Hoofed Hands, punches do 1D6 damage.
5 BIO-E for Hoofed Feet, kick does 1D8 damage.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 BIO-E for Advanced Hearing.
10 BIO-E for Extra Intelligence Quotient.
10 BIO-E for Extra Mental Affinity.
10 BIO-E for Extra Mental Endurance.
5 BIO-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
15 BIO-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
5 BIO-E for Extra Physical Beauty.
10 BIO-E for Extraordinary Speed.
10 BIO-E for Leaping: Standard.
5 BIO-E for Brute Strength.
10 BIO-E for Beastly Strength.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 BIO-E for Diet: Herbivore.
-10 BIO-E for Diet: Ruminant.
-5 BIO-E for Vestigial Hooves.
-10 BIO-E for Prey Eyes.
-5 BIO-E for Vestigial Tail.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another one:

Nandi Bear (or Chemosit (Purebred))
Description: The Chemosit is said to be as comfortable on the tree tops as it is on the ground, and to attack humans on sight, allegedly being responsible for several killings of men and live stock. They seem to consider humans delicacy and will not hesitate to attack and devour a lone human (or a small group), their favourite part being the brain. They will often haunt a village, taking a fresh victim each night.
Unlike westerners, natives continue to report the Nandi Bear committing its violent crimes against them. Kitapmetit Kipet, the head of a Nandi village reports the Nandi Bear as: "...a devil which prowls the nganasa (hut settlement) on the darkest nights, seeking people, especially children, to devour; it is half like a man and half like a huge, ape-faced bird, and you may know it at once from its fearful howling roar, and because in the dark of night its mouth glows red like the embers of a log."
Size Level: 14.
Height: 6 ft (1.8 m).
Weight: 600 lbs.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Attribute Bonuses: +2 M.A., +3D6 S.D.C., +1D6+8 P.S., Brute Strength, +3 P.E. & +5 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Partial.
Biped: Automatically partial. 5 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Alleged eyewitness accounts describe the beast as bear-like, the size of a lion, resembling an oversized hyena, it is reported to be upwards of four feet high at its shoulders, with a thick, impenetrable coat of fur and a back sloped to its hindquarters much like a bear. The head of the creature as being very long and pointed - in line with bear-like features.

Natural Weapons:
Automatically gets 2D4 damage Heavy Claws.
Automatically gets 1D6 damage Teeth.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Beastly Strength.
5 Bio-E for Physical Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Predator Burst.
10 Bio-E for Crushing Strength.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
Automatically gets Nocturnal.
Automatically gets Reptile Brain: Predator.
Automatically gets Diet: Carnivore.
-5 Bio-E for Bioluminescence (Special): This ability is a type of fungus that grows in the mouth, which feeds off of access meat that was left between the teeth, and glows at night or whenever in dark places. It gives the character a -5 to Prowl whenever the mouth is open and allows other creatures to know its location, but it gives the character a +7 H.F. The only way to cancel this Disadvantage is for the character to go around with its mouth closed.
-10 Bio-E for Musk Glands.
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Brains: This Vestigial Disadvantage allows the character to only eat the brain of their victims (namely the Cerebellum and Thalamus) for the chemicals that reside in it. Unless the character gets enough “Brain Food” then it will starve to death.

A/N: The other Rodent will be posted later.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Last edited by Rathorc Lemenger on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's the 2nd rodent:

Rodent: Peltephilus
Description: Peltephilus ferox, the Horned Armadillo, was a species of dog-sized, Armadillo-like Xenarthran mammal which first inhabited Argentina during the Oligocene Epoch, and became extinct sometime during the Miocene epoch. Notably, the scoots on its head were so developed that they formed horns protecting its eyes. Aside from the horned Gophers of North America, it is the only known fossorial horned mammal.
Although it had traditionally been perceived as a Carnivore because of its large, triangular-shaped teeth, Vizcaino and Farina argued in 1997 that Peltephilus was a Herbivore.
Size Level: 6.
Height: Up to 54 inches.
Weight: 30-70 lbs.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 35.
Attribute Bonuses: +5 P.S., Brute Strength, +3 P.E.

Human Features:
Biped: Automatically Partial. 5 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Snouted head, with small mouth, widely-spaced eyes & small, Donkey-like ears. Thick, humped back covered with scaly bumps. Short, but massively muscled arms & legs. Oversized hands & feet, bigger then the head. Thick tail that’s half as long as the body.
5 BIO-E for partial: Long nose, small mouth, and weak chin. The back of the head merges with the back. Thick, muscled body, arms & legs. Hunched-over look, with thick, stubby tail. Bumpy skin with hard, rigid appearance.
10 Bio-E for Full: With the appearance of a professional football linebacker, complete with small head with no neck, broad shoulders, massive build, huge hands & feet. Only a touch of wispy hairs on head. Thick, fleshy bumps under the ears & on the backs of the hands.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Claws.
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Nose Horns (Cannot be combined with Full Looks).
10 Bio-E for 1D10 damage Claws.
10 Bio-E for 1D8 damage Nose Horns (Cannot be combined with Full Looks).

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Light Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 8, +25 S.D.C.
5 Bio-E for Digging.
10 Bio-E for Advanced Hearing.
10 Bio-E for Tunnelling.
10 Bio-E for Medium Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 10, S.D.C.: 50.
20 Bio-E for Heavy Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 13, S.D.C.: 75.
35 Bio-E for Extra-Heavy Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 15, S.D.C.: 100.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Horns.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Last edited by Rathorc Lemenger on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Trying to think of a cool explanation for the Nandi Bear's mouth luminescence...Maybe bioluminescent bacteria living off the plaque in the critter's mouth?

Again, great work for both plumbing obscure mythology and natural history! :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Thanks Taalismn. I'll try to figure out the info.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Thanks Taalismn. I'll try to figure out the info.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Doubt it could be used like a deep sea anglerfish's 'lure', but maybe a Disadvantage? Screws up the critter's chances of prowling in the dark or going unnoticed due to poor dental hygiene? I'd consider it a minor Bio-E giveback since the Bear could simply keep its mouth shut at night until it's ready to pounce...
Bioluminescent Halotosis....egad, what a concept...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Fixed up, Taalismn. Along with making it EXTREMELY more unlikable as an enemy.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Yeah...I can see that's turned out into one nasty piece of work... :D
Glowing-maws braineaters...stuff of nightmares...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Yeah, I know. Scary thoughts. I'd love to see the Playes faces when thier characters come across one of them haunched over a corpse, munching away at the brains of the fresh corpse.
By the way, there's more mutants to come.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's one for South America:

Dog: Andean Wolf (Dasycyon hagenbecki (Purebred))
Description: The Andean Wolf, or Hagenbeck's Wolf, is a mysterious canid from the Andes. In 1927 Lorenz Hagenbeck obtained a pelt from a dealer in Buenos Aires, and was told that it came from the Andes. Dr. Ingo Krumbiegel researched this skin in Germany in 1940, and said that it belonged to a new and still indescribable species from the high peaks of the Andes.
Upon learning in 1947 that when Hagenbeck had bought the pelt there had been three others just like it, Krumbiegel connected it with a skull he had discovered about ten years earlier that was 31 centameters long and had belonged to an omnivorous Canid. The size precluded it from belonging to a Maned Wolf, since Maned Wolf skulls are smaller (about 24 cm). He published a description of the animal and gave it its scientific name.
In 1960, scientists discovered that the fur had belonged to a domestic Dog (possibly that of a Sheppard), not to a wild dog from the Andes. A 2000 attempt at DNA analysis of the remaining pelt at Munich’s zoological museum proved unsatisfactory because it was contaminated with Human, Dog, Wolf, and Pig DNA. The pelt had also been chemically treated (Eberhart, 2002). The skull had allegedly been lost in 1945, during World War 2, and could not be proven a hoax. The Andean Wolf was recreated by using some fur and a newly found skull along with some North American Wolf DNA.
Size Level: 7.
Length: 5 ft long (1.5 m); does not include the tail.
Weight: 60 lbs (27 kg).

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 35.
Attribute Bonuses: +4 I.Q., +2 M.A., +2 M.E., Brute Strength, +5 P.S., +2 P.P. & +8 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Partial: Uses it‘s fingers for grasping the ground.
Speech: Automatically Partial.
Looks: None: Looks somewhat like the North American Wolf, but the fur is thicker due to the higher altitudes of the Andean mountain chain. Fur colour ranges from a dark brown to light grey in colour. Its snout is longer and slimmer, while the body is somewhat thicker in muscle and fat tone.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D6+1 damage Running Claws.
5 Bio-E for 1D8+1 damage Canine Teeth.
10 Bio-E for 2D6+3 damage Canine Teeth.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Leaping: Standard.
Automatically gets Extraordinary Speed.
5 Bio-E for Extra Intelligence Quotient.
5 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
5 Bio-E for Predator Burst.
10 Bio-E for Advanced Hearing.
10 Bio-E for Extra Mental Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Leaping: Rodent.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Nocturnal.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another one for all of you:

Ophiotaurus (Chimera)
Description: In Greek Mythology, the Ophiotaurus was a creature that was part bull and part serpent. Its sole reference is found in Ovid's Fasti, where the creature's entrails were said to grant the power to defeat the Gods to whoever burned them. The hybrid was slain by the Hecatonchire Briares during the Titanomachy, but the entrails were retrieved by eagles sent by Zeus before they could be burned.
The Ophiotauros was probably placed in the heavens as the combined constellations Taurus and Cetus (bull fore-parts with a sea-monster tail), alongside the kite Lyra, and the altar Ara.
Size Level: 16.
Height: 6-8 ft (1.8-2.4 m).
Weight: 1,000-2,000 lbs (450-900 kg).

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Attribute Bonuses: +1D4+2 P.S., +4 Spd. & +14 S.D.C.

Human Features:
Biped: Automatically None: Has no rear legs, only a Serpents body from the “waist“ down.
Speech: Automatically Partial.
Looks: None & Weird: A large Cow or Bull from the waist up, with a large muzzled, head, long, rounded ears, eyes on the sides of the head, very thick neck, fur, massive body and skinny fore limbs. While from the waist down consists of a Snake-like rear body with thick muscles and brown scales.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Horns (3D6 damage for Bulls).
5 Bio-E for 2D4 damage Fore-Hooves (2D6 if a Bull), plus P.S. damage bonus.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
5 Bio-E for Infrared Vision (25 ft range). Allows the character to “sense” objects according to their temperature, even in total darkness.
10 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed (5 Bio-E for Bulls).
10 Bio-E for Extra Mental Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Leaping: Standard.
15 Bio-E for Advanced Hearing.
15 Bio-E for Beastly Strength.
15 BIO-E for Light Natural Body Armour; A.R.: 8 and S.D.C.: +15.
25 Bio-E for Crushing Strength (Bulls only).

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Horns.
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Hooves.
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.
-10 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Predator.
-10 Bio-E for Nearsightedness.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

Love the Cactus Cat, that's genius. How about a Hecatonchires mutant too? Think of the martial arts attacks!
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Thanks for the compliments on the Cactus Cat. As to your idea about the Hecatonchires, I googled it and found that it'd be a little bit too much trouble to do, good idea though. So if you have any other idea's to pitch, than go ahead.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Ah...reconstructing the Andean wolf...don't you love it when biogeneticists play? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Just to let everyone know, I'm presently working on a Elephant Throwback called: Gomphothere. Be warned though, I'll try my best to do it and (hopefully) live up to my standards that you all expect of me.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Never having heard of the critter, I'm of an open mind about it... :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Actually, its quite the interesting creature to look at.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

And here it is, I hope you all like it:

Elephant: Gomphothere (Throwback)
Description: The Gomphotheres are a diverse group of extinct Elephant-like animals (Proboscideans) that were widespread in North America during the Miocene and Pliocene epochs, 12-1.6 million years ago. Some also lived in parts of Eurasia and Beringia, and following the Great American Interchange, in South America. From about 5 million years ago onwards, they were slowly replaced by modern elephants, but the last South American species did not finally become extinct until possibly as recently as 400 CE. Gomphotheres also survived in Mexico and Central America until the end of the Pleistocene.
Gomphothere remains are common at South American Paleo-Indian sites. One example is the early human settlement at Monte Verde, Chile, dating to approximately 14,000 years ago.
Gomphotheres differed from elephants in their tooth structure, particularly the chewing surfaces on the molar teeth. Most had four tusks, and their retracted facial and nasal bones prompt Palaeontologists to believe that gomphotheres had elephant-like trunks. The early gomphotheres, such as Piomia, had elongated upper and lower jaws, with relatively short tusks. Two lineages appear to have arisen from these ancestors. One, including animals such as Anancus, developed the short lower jaw typical of modern elephants, while the others, including Platybelodon, developed the lower jaw into an elongated 'shovel', and shortened the upper jaw.
Size Level: 20.
Height: Up to 20 ft (3 m).
Weight: 4-5 tons.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Attribute Bonuses: +3 I.Q., +1 M.A., +1 M.E., Brute Strength, +8 P.S.

Human Features:
Looks: Automatically None: Looks like an Elephant, but with 2 lower Tusk-like projections protruding from the lower jaw, which is extremely long, a long tail, and small ears.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 3D6 damage Tusks.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Lower Tusks.
10 Bio-E for 5D6 damage Tusks.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Advanced Vision & Advanced Smell.
5 Bio-E for Padded Feet (Special).
5 Bio-E for Natural Armour (Thick Skin): A.R.: 8, +25 S.D.C.
10 Bio-E for Low-Frequency Wave Detection (Special): ½ the distance.
10 Bio-E for Extra Limb: Prehensile Trunk.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Ruminant.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tusks (can be taken twice).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Very good!
I'll have to graft a picture of it onto the hardcopy, when I print it out...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I take it that you like it?? Seriously, I didn't think that someone would be making a print-out of any of my creatures. :D :D :D *Joygasm*. But I'm glad that you've taken a like of it. By the way, I'm gonna try to look up more creatures to do mutants of. So keep a track of this thread, everyone.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I take it that you like it?? Seriously, I didn't think that someone would be making a print-out of any of my creatures. :D :D :D *Joygasm*. But I'm glad that you've taken a like of it. By the way, I'm gonna try to look up more creatures to do mutants of. So keep a track of this thread, everyone.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

My hardcopy files of just about everything I encounter online of Palladium threaten to crush me with their mass...
Your file might be the one that breaks the camel's back(or at least the precarious dune-like cohesion of the paper-piles)... :D
Infoslide!!!!!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's a list of the mutants that I'm gonna try to do next:

Synthetoceras.
Shansitherium.
Sivatherium.

Plus a few more that I'll probably keep secret for now.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's a new one for you all:

Sivatherium
Description: Sivatherium ('Shiva's beast)' is an extinct genus of Giraffe that ranged throughout Africa to Southern Asia (mostly India). The African species, S. Maurusium, was once placed within the genus "Libytherium." It may have become extinct as recently as 8,000 years ago, as depictions of it are known from ancient rock paintings in the Sahara desert.
Size Level: 13.
Height: 7 feet 4 inches (2.2 m).
Weight: Up to 700 lbs.

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Total BIO-E: 30.
Attribute Bonuses: +2 P.S., +4 P.E., and +8 Spd.

Human Features:
Looks: None: Sivatherium resembled the modern Okapi, but was far larger, and more heavily built. It had a wide, antler-like pair of horns on its head, and a second pair of horns above its eyes. Its shoulders were very powerful to support the neck muscles required to lift the heavy skull. Has a Mohawk running down the back of the neck, and a thin coating of fur that is yellow in colour with orange coloured splotches.
5 BIO-E for partial: A humanoid body that has tan fur with darker spots, giraffe-like head and long limbs (including the neck).
10 Bio-E for Full: A lean, muscular human with olive skin and long legs. Face is human looking with large fluid eyes, large ears, long neck (slightly longer than normal), and powerful build.

Natural Weapons:
5 BIO-E for 2D6 damage Hooves.
5 BIO-E for 1D6 damage first set of Horns.
5 Bio-E for 2D4 damage second set of Horns.
10 Bio-E for 1D10 damage second set of Horns.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 BIO-E for Advanced Vision.
5 BIO-E for Advanced Smell.
5 BIO-E for Advanced Hearing.
10 BIO-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
10 BIO-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
10 BIO-E for Extraordinary Speed (use horse speed bonus).

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 BIO-E for taking Vestigial Ears.
-5 BIO-E for taking Color Blindness.
-5 BIO-E for taking Vestigial Tail.
- 5 BIO-E for taking Musk Glands (similar to the Elephant).
-5 BIO-E for taking Diet: Herbivore( pick either Herbivore or Ruminant, not both).
-10 BIO-E for taking Diet: Ruminant.
-10 BIO-E for taking Vestigial Horns: Can be purchased for each pair of Horns.
-10 BIO-E for taking Reptile Brain: Prey.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Last edited by Rathorc Lemenger on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Ah...I see the genetic heritagists worked overtime before the Bomb, to see what they could resurrect.... :D
Kind of like funny car racing...only it's 'what's the rarest, most obscure, extinct animal you can bring back?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I take it that your impressed??

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's another Mutant for North America:

Synthetoceras (Artiodactyl)
Description: Synthetoceras Tricornatus is an extinct species from the Miocene of North America. With a length of 2 m, Synthetoceras was the largest member of its family. It was also the last, and had what is considered to be the protoceratids' strangest set of horns. The two horns above its eyes looked fairly normal and similar to those of many modern horned mammals, but on its snout it had a bizarre, long horn with a forked tip that gave it a Y shape. Only males had this strange horn, and they probably used it in territorial fights.
Size Level: 17.
Height: Up to 9 feet (2.7 m).
Weight: 700-1,100 lbs (315-495 kg).

Mutant Changes and Cost:
Attribute Bonuses: +3 P.S., +1 P.P. & +10 Spd.

Human Features:
Looks: None: Looks like a brown furred, large Deer with a long, skinny tail, cloven hooves at the end of legs of medium thickness. It has a large pair of horns on the top of the head, above large tubular ears, with another, longer, horn at the end of the snout, above the nose. It has fur on the underbelly that is a slightly off-white colour with dark brown stripes where the upper parts of the limbs meet the first joint of the limb.
5 BIO-E for partial: A humanoid covered with short brown fur with cream coloured fur on the belly, neck and underarms. The head has a thick muzzle, large ears, and arms that are slightly longer than normal (but are thicker). Legs may be animal or human-like, with deep brown fur at the knees, and is typically hoofed. Horns are smaller now, with the nose horn is still prominent.
10 Bio-E for Full: A lean A lean, muscular humanoid with olive skin and long, but muscled (like a sprinter), limbs. Face is human-looking with large fluid eyes, large ears, thick neck, and powerful build.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Horns (if a male).
5 Bio-E for 1D8 damage Nose Horn (if a male & can NOT have FULL looks).
5 Bio-E for 2D4 damage Hooves.
10 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Nose Horn (if a male & can NOT have FULL looks).

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed.
15 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Hooves.
-10 Bio-E for Musk Glands.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”