is it still in print?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: is it still in print?

Unread post by NMI »

Aequitas wrote:I can't seem to find Systems Failure in the catalog, did Palladium let it go out of print?
yes. it is out of print.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Maybe someday it'll be back in print. You could always look at used book stores. Sometimes they are a gold mine!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Considering it was a one book RPG based on a Y2K bug joke...I doubt it will be reprinted.

Which is a shame, my gaming group had just as much fun in this world as we did in Nightbane or HU.

The appeal of this world is that most of the characters are basic humans with some skill sets. Sure there are a few psychics or genetically engineered super soldiers in the world, but for the most part they're just normal guys trying to survive a bad situation. The best campaign we played everyone was 100% homegrown human, no splicers no psychisc. Real no guts no glory type play. Praise God and pass the ammunition!
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Aramanthus
Monk

I played a worldly martial artist when we played. I had fun kicking bug backside.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Why give up your dream! I say unless KS tells you it dead go for it! There are only a few who determine the fates of the book lines. And we know who those people are!

HH....FIE
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Systems Failure is one that I think would do really well released as a PDF. It's a semi-joke campaign setting, based on a nearly-decade-old event, so a full print run might take up storage space. It's got great word of mouth, but might not warrant release as a full print run.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Aramanthus
Monk

That it Phalanx! Send that information in!

HH....FIE
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

OOP or not, it is still pretty easy to come by without looking too hard.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie

Return to “Systems Failure™”