Favorite Anti-bug Weapon

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Favorite Anti-bug Weapon

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Ok everyone,

What is your favorite Anti-Bug weapon?

I happen to like the Anzio Mag-Fed 20mm for those long shots on bugs.

I could have gone with a home made single shot .50 caliber Anti-material rifle (Made from a spare M-2HB barrel). But the 20mm has more shots and a bigger punch.

a belt feed HK-51 Automatic Carbine makes for a great backup weapon.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Probably a .308/7.62mm gun of some sort, like a G3 or a common hunting rifle. Just going by what's available in the Palladium lines, that's probably the best balance of mobility and firepower to me. Anything significantly bigger slows the user down more. Anything under 7.62mm (again based on what's in the Pally books), isn't going to do much more than make a Bug mad. Plus, it's a relatively common round, moreso than .50 BMG or 20 x 102.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

RAID Bug Spay :lol:

Ok serious now...
FISTS/claws and Bio-Energy Blasters (as a Bugboy)

:D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Had fun using crop dusters with bug juice to get rid of them. :D

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I'm fond of airstrikes (flying splicers dropping things like bundles of C4, bug bombs, etc), mortar fire, and long range high caliber sniper rifles.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Airstrikes are always a great to swat those pesky creatures. The only character I have played in the incomplete game was a worldly martial artist into the game. I never got to carry out any sort of attacks since the game died in its infancy for that group.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Mike Taylor

Screw air strikes, just use THIS.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Juggalo Dead Boy wrote:My favorite anti-bug weapon is the good ol' fashion LAW rocket. It's great for getting rid of groups of bugs, though hideously expensive. Don't miss.

Interesting choice, From the fired off tubes I have handled they are smaller than the M136 i have squeezed the trigger on. As far as cost goes the Unit replacement cost for the M-136 is $1,480.64 last time I looked. So as you said don't miss as those things cost alot of money.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

My favorite anti-bug weapon? Probably these actually. managed to convert the stuff from Bioshock to System failure and the GM lets me use em. 8-)

http://kotaku.com/gaming/bioshock/clips-bioshock-plasmid-training-films-267499.php

My personal favorite is the bee swarm. :demon:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Rockwolf66
Hero

I seem to recal a no-conversion rule on this forum, maybe i was mistaken?
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Rockwolf66 wrote:I seem to recal a no-conversion rule on this forum, maybe i was mistaken?

He just said he made conversions. As long as he doesn't post them or describe them he is ok.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:I seem to recal a no-conversion rule on this forum, maybe i was mistaken?

He just said he made conversions. As long as he doesn't post them or describe them he is ok.
exactly.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

So does that make my weapon of choice more valid? :shock:

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Mike Taylor

Colt47 wrote:So does that make my weapon of choice more valid? :shock:

Since there's nothing restricting your choice per se, I'd say it's fine. Personally, I'd have to see the powers in action in a game.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

I have a link up in my first post that shows the Plasmids in action. At least a few of them. Overall plasmids are pretty neat, although I'm still wondering how a bug in energy form copes with a lightning strike.

Mike Taylor

Excuse me for a moment. I need to test something...

*runs off*

*returns with LJ bound & gagged*

*opens door to room filled with Bugs*

*throws LJ in*

*slams door and locks it*

Let's see how this turns out.

:demon:
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

Mike Taylor wrote:Excuse me for a moment. I need to test something...

*runs off*

*returns with LJ bound & gagged*

*opens door to room filled with Bugs*

*throws LJ in*

*slams door and locks it*

Let's see how this turns out.

:demon:

*wonders where the hell he is.*

Oh look...bugs.....

*starts lobbing bombs everywhere*

Just a few household chemicals mixed in the proper proportions.
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Aerosol Can (hairspray/spraypaint/etc...) and a cherry bomb.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Mike Taylor

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Aerosol Can (hairspray/spraypaint/etc...) and a cherry bomb.

This is why the Chicago Police put NMI under house arrest every Halloween. :p
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

I guess my conventional favorite bug killing weapon (and currently favorite Assault Rifle) is the FN F2000 5.56mm Assault Rifle with 30 round magazine and telescopic scope. I find the weapon to be aesthetically pleasing and it has a really cool scope. The basic FN F2000 model is also pretty compact. I'm not completely sure what purpose the tactical one would serve, but then again I'm not military so I wouldn't know anyway. In any case, it's more contemporary then the well aged M-16A4 and AK-74.

Here's a link to some images and info. Please be gentle on the author as English isn't his native language. :) http://world.guns.ru/assault/as41-e.htm

My favorite side arms that I have on my character as back up weapons are the MP-5n 9mm Submachine gun and the HK USP Tactical .45 ACP handgun. Why have a submachine gun as a back up? Because in order take down bugs fast in a heated fire fight, it takes emptying a magazine and a half of standard 9mm to take down a grunt. If I'm lucky and my character manages to get his hands on some Full metal jacketed 9mm, it takes only a clip or two.

In just the first session of the SF game I've now started with some friends, I've already gone through two magazines of 5.56mm NATO, around 30 .45 ACP, and two magazines of 9mm. That was WITH two enraged army ants attacking their own group thanks to my characters enrage plasmid.

Looks like joining NORAD isn't such a bad idea after all...

:x

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mike Taylor wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Aerosol Can (hairspray/spraypaint/etc...) and a cherry bomb.

This is why the Chicago Police put NMI under house arrest every Halloween. :p
Or...

Aerosol Can, with a thick pack wrapped around it (suggestion would be like one of those fanny packs, but the inner lining needs to have a plastic bag or something non-pourous), the pack is to be filled with two substances -vaseline or petroleum jelly like substance in "sack" and a little bit of gasoline in the other portion. then add cherry bomb!

Actually new a kid who did this in his backyard (no it wasnt me). His mom beat his arse after that stunt. Destroyed her rosegarden we, err he did.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Colt47 wrote:I guess my conventional favorite bug killing weapon (and currently favorite Assault Rifle) is the FN F2000 5.56mm Assault Rifle with 30 round magazine and telescopic scope. I find the weapon to be aesthetically pleasing and it has a really cool scope. The basic FN F2000 model is also pretty compact. I'm not completely sure what purpose the tactical one would serve, but then again I'm not military so I wouldn't know anyway. In any case, it's more contemporary then the well aged M-16A4 and AK-74.

Having looked inside the Civilian version I place it in the same catigory as the Steyr AUG. A decent weapon that has too much plastic in the construction. As far as that forward ejection system goes, what happens when you get a case stuck in the ejection tube?

Fun Fact: all plastic framed weapons will weaken or melt when exposed to various common firearms cleaning products.

Probably why I stick with the G-3 series of weapons. While not as common in the US as either the M-14 or the M-16, it's still quite common in some circles (due to Mexico making them) and they are said to be one of the most controlable 7.62NATO firearms around.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

I'd assume you could probably have metal parts custom made for the gun to fix the plastic issue. I'm no big gun shooter or military person, though, just a graphic designer with an eye for cool looking things. :lol:

Return to “Systems Failure™”