Ever Wanted To Run a High Powered System's Failure Game????

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Would love to see your game stuff, Juggalo Dead Boy!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I played in a game that was higher powered than normal. The group was a splicer, a homebrew class (along the lines of Universal Soldier, great minds, I guess), a juicer (I think it was a lower-power version like the euro-juicers), and an amped up psychic of some kind. Basically NORAD's elite.

We had more than our fair share of missions into bug territory, got comfortable with fighting the various bug types, coming up with tactics, etc. Then NORAD scouting patrols to the southwest started disappearing. We were sent to investigate and found new bugs. Similar in appearance but they fought differently, etc. They were also accompanied by humans who we assumed were silkwormed. Well armed and armored humans with weapons we had not seen before. We managed to capture a human and he was not responding to non-invasive interrogation techniques. So we started pulling teeth, fingernails, etc. He started talking to a limited degree, just enough for the GM to set the hook for his hook, line and sinker. He was a soldier from Area 51, the new bugs are theirs, trained for warfare against other bugs and to defend Area 51. We found out through observation that the soldier was more than human as well. He regenerated damage. The teeth and fingernails were back within a day, his senses were heightened, as were his physical and mental capabilities. Area 51 had workable gene-therapies to make super soldiers.

Made for an interesting game. We attempted to setup meetings between A51 and NORAD, but A51 refused to play nice. So through a difficult and very unlikely adventure we caused a nuclear reactor meltdown in A51, destroying their command center and gene-splicing facilities (after stealing records for NORAD, of course). A51 unwisely had all their eggs in one basket. All their research, armaments and commanders were still in the A51 facility. They had claimed a large part of the state for themselves, but the rest of that land was farmland protected by well armed soldiers stationed at various outposts. But all the important stuff was in that one base.

I've toyed with the idea of adding Metal Gear to the world. The bugs get ahold of one of those and it could ruin NORAD's day. (reminded of the Metal Gear by the mention of super tanks from the previous post). Anyone used Metal Gear in a System's Failure game? Would also go well in Ninja's & Superspies, Heroes Unlimited, etc.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

I statted up the AWV-1 Armored Walker Vehicle for Systems Failure. It was nowhere near as powerful as a Metal Gear, though.

However, my wildest idea is actually posted elsewhere in this forum and is known as the Rossum, a vat-grown Organitech Mecha.

Return to “Systems Failure™”