NORAD Battlesuit Infantry O.C.C.

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Hmm, looks like I got the Battlesuit Infantry done first. This is a first draft, so there may be grammatical and typographical errors.

The first Organitech Infantrymen were fielded in 2007, taking part in the Bug counterstrikes in California the next year. These men and women are a welcome addition to the Great American Bug Hunt. Short of a Splicer or a NORAD Psychic, few others are capable of taking on a Bug up close and personal like the Battlesuit Infantry. Deployed in squads or even platoons, they can be absolutely devastating to the Bugs and mst anything else NORAD decides to direct them at. If there is any real drawback to them, its that there simply aren’t enough Battlesuits to equip more such soldiers, with the demand far outstripping the supply.

Alignment: Any, but usually good or selfish. Rarely evil, and even then largely aberrant. Miscreant and diabolic are almost unheard of.

Attribute Requirements: I.Q. 9 or better, P.S., P.E., and P.P. 12 or better.

Base S.D.C.: 40

O.C.C. Abilities & Bonuses:
1. Battlesuit Combat Training: Though the design of NORAD Battlesuits is such that most anyone can readily use one with minimal training, the Battlesuit Infantry have learned to make the most of them through intensive and specialized training. Thus, they get the following combat bonuses while wearing a battlesuit.

+1 attack per melee, +2 to strike in hand-to-hand combat, and +1 to strike with battlesuit-mounted energy weapons.

These bonuses ARE cumulative with the Battlesuit’s own combat bonuses.

2.Other Combat Bonuses: +1 to roll with punch/ fall/ impact.

O.C.C. Skills: Military Basic Program (+20%), Espionage Program (+10%), and Modern Weapons Program

O.C.C. Related Skills: Select a total of four skills from the following categories.
Communications: Any (+5%)
Domestic: Cooking only
Electrical: Basic Electronics only
Espionage: Any (+5%)
Mechanical: Basic & Automotive only
Military: Any (+10%)
Medical: First Aid or Paramedic only (Paramedic counts as two skills)
Physical: Any, but HTH: Expert counts as two skills and HTH: Martial Arts (or HTH: Assassin, if evil) counts as three skill selections).
Pilot, Basic: Any (+5%)
Pilot, Advanced: Tanks & APCs only
Pilot Related: Any
Rogue: Any, except Seduction and Computer Hacking
Science: Computer Operations and Basic Math only
Technical: Any
Wilderness: Any
W.P. Ancient: Any
W.P. Modern: Any

Secondary Skills: None to start with, but the character may select one at levels 2, 4, 8, and 12.

Standard Equipment: All Battlesuit Infantry are issued some kind of Organitech Battlesuit (01-70% Grunt Tuxedo, 71-95% Bug Thumper, 96-00% Hoosier Daddy). Battlesuit Infantry issued a Grunt Tuxedo are also issued a separate Z41 Energy Assault Rifle and either a Z9 or Z10 Energy Pistol. Regardless of the suit issued, they are also equipped with 1D4 “Bug Juice” Grenades or 1D4 B6 Bug Bombs. Most will also carry a conventional sidearm with 100 rounds of ammo as a backup.

Noncombat Organitech gear will include a breath mask, two-way radio, and flashlight, with an extra set of batteries for both the radio and the flashlight.

Other gear will include a pocket mirror, compass, first aid kit, entrenching tool, combat knife, 1 quart canteen, water purifier tablets, mess kit, 2 weeks field rations, backpack, combat harness, bedroll, two sets of BDUs, rain poncho, two-man tent, box of weatherproof matches, dozen eight-hour candles.

Money: NORAD takes care of most of your needs, so you usually have very little in the way of personal wealth ($2D4x10). However, those in extended field operations with NORAD allies start with $1D4x100 in precious metals or tradeable goods.

The Upside: You are one of the few who stands a chance of beating a Bug in a one-on-one fight. You are proficient with the latest in NORAD Organitech weapons and know how to get the most out of your Battlesuit when you need it. Against more human foes, you are often an unstoppable, unyielding juggernaut. Many Splatterpunk thugs simply break
and run when they have to face down even one of you.

The Downside: Many of you develop a sort of “Superman” complex, especially when assigned to the bigger Battlesuits. This often leads you to take needless risks which can sometimes endanger yourself and your comrades. You sometimes forget that outsie of your Battlesuit, you are just as mortal as the next guy. Another downside is that others
covet the power of your Battlesuit. There is nothing more shameful to you than to have your armor stolen from you. You must never allow it to happen. If it does, you’d better do your damnedest to get it back or die trying.

Experience Point Chart for Battlesuit Infantry: Use the same table as the NORAD Psychic O.C.C. (p.p. 98 of Systems Failure).
Mike Taylor

Re: NORAD Battlesuit Infantry O.C.C.

Here it is, as promised.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Dude, why haven't you sent any of this material to the Rifter? Your Radioman O.C.C. did well in the Think Tank contest, getting at least one Editor's vote, and everything you've been posting here has been really solid stuff.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Mike Taylor

One of the reasons is that my CD-RW was out of action for a while and all of my stuff had been saved to disc. The other is that I am planning to collect all of my stuff and submit it all at once.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Well...alright then. Just so you are planning on submitting them, and I don't have to send the ninjas. :D
Insert 400 character limit here.
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

I really need to do like a rewrite of my stuff and save it, and send in a submission...will probably wait until the semester is over....too many writing courses right now
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Another real good one.

Somewhere I have a NORAD Commando, basically taken from several passages in the SF book that says a number of Army and Marine units retreated to the NORAD post. The basis is that the military soldiers are being intensively re-trained to fight as one, promote better teamwork and such. If I can find it I'll flesh it out and post it.
Mike Taylor

Sorry for the late reply, Dustin. I'd like to see that commando posted here.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Hey late replies are better than no reply.

I'll see if I can't post it here Saturday. Haven't done to much work on the backstory other than what I posted before.
Secret Cow Level
D-Bee

Unread post by Secret Cow Level »

Great post anastas, and I don't even play SYSTEMS FAILURE! Although after reading this post (and some others on the SYSTEMS FAILURE board) I'm thinking of picking it up. My FLGS has two minty fresh copies sitting on the shelf right now... :) :-) :-D :D
Moo! Moo? Moo.

Member #00008 of the Bring Back the LBBs T5 Edition.

I've just had some brandy cokes and I feel fine!
Mike Taylor

Just don't take the game too seriously, SCL. Think of it in the same terms as movies like Tremors.
Secret Cow Level
D-Bee

Unread post by Secret Cow Level »

:D
Sometimes the less than serious games are the most fun. After all, GAMMA WORLD is one of my all time favorites and that game is a goofy as they come!
Moo! Moo? Moo.

Member #00008 of the Bring Back the LBBs T5 Edition.

I've just had some brandy cokes and I feel fine!
Mike Taylor

Then you have the right mindset. The first time I read it, I was in the wrong mode of thinking and was disappointed. After about a year, I picked it up again as an add-on to my Robotech clearance sale order from Pally. On the second read, I thought, "This is some good B-movie stuff!" You know, the kind where Bruce Campbell is the square-jawed smart-mouthed hero.
Mike Taylor

Work progresses on its sister class, the Organitech Combat Walker (OCW) Pilot.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

dude, consider this so being added to my site. along with the OCW pilot...
<hr>
by the way, I am working on the "Stinger".. Flying Organitech Battlesuit... I should have it up in afew days. Along with some ideas I have had for some Organitechnology Defense systems.
Last edited by NMI on Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Mike Taylor

The OCW Pilot is taking a while because of the approach I am using for OCW units interfacing with them. Oh, just so you know, the AWV-2 Walker on your site is NOT an OCW. They are entirely different vehicles.
Mike Taylor

I'm not willing to let this one be cast into oblivion just yet. Does anybody else have a cool Systems Failure O.C.C. to post here?
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

I'm more of an idea guy than a full-finisher...thing....
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Mike Taylor

Being sick and having a real life has kept me from working more on the OCW Pilot class. I promise I will get it done.
Mike Taylor

NMI, have you added this one to your site yet?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I have it saved on my comp.
Unfortunately all of my previous web files got deleted somehow and I will have to recompile all of them before I can add anything to the site.

Now that I understand frames and the format they bring, I pretty much want to re-vamp the entire site.

But I will get to it soon.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Mike Taylor

Thanks.
Mike Taylor

just checking to see if it's still here. I need to save it back to my comp once it works again.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

you could use Splicers to help move along ideas ;)

i can see Roughneck-like armor in SF though...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Mike Taylor

This is actually getting close to a year old. I'm content with is being a SF parallel to the Splicers stuff, though I could see them as Proto-Armor experts. Maybe a reserve unit.
Mike Taylor

Resurrected again to stave off REG.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Mike Taylor wrote:Resurrected again to stave off REG.

As far as I remember they stoped triming the game forums.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Pretty good.
Specially now since I now know more about SF and how the setting is set up.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Systems Failure™”