Who played BTS2 at origins?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

I was scheduled in the game, but I could make it because i was running late from another game. From what I heard the game was really cool. At least Kevin S. said that the game went real well and he enjoyed it much.

Damm, now I wish I would have skipped my other game! *pounds desk*

.................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

There's pics of it at the main website.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Mike Taylor wrote:There's pics of it at the main website.

Mind posting a link to those images? My curiosity has been piqued. :)

I can't seem to find any pics either at origins or on the Palladium site.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

mindwyr wrote:

Palladium’s Origins 2004 Report

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
mindwyr wrote:

Palladium’s Origins 2004 Report

gaby
Knight

Who played BTS2 at origins?

Unread post by gaby »

I hope the People who Played it will show the stats of ther Player Characters soon?

I think a Good Background and personality for the Player Characters are as Important as the Game Story.

What do you think?
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Geronimo wrote:I want my..
I want my ...
I want my BTS!

Get your money for something,
and to kill freaks for free.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:
Sensorium wrote:To Gaby: Unfortunately the players didn't get to keep the char sheets because Kevin had been scribbling ideas for BtS2 on them while he was writing up the characters, so he needed them back after the game.

To Geronimo: No that different, just from looking at what we did in the game, But we were running very rules light. IMO* most of BtS2 will be new material about: ways of running a good game of BtS2, new OCCs like the "fire walker" pyrokinetic and the psychic medium, changes to old OCCs that are coming back so that they fall in line with some of the new rules, and new rules.

Here is an example of a rules addition, most of the time in BtS2 magic users and psychics, even higher level ones, don' have enough PPE to use there really spectacular spells or abilities. The reason for this is that the characters level of PPE or ISP is proportional to the supernatural treat level they are facing and they're level excitement/fear. In game terms what happens is when you encounter a certain level of supernatural treat your PPE or your ISP is multiplied by a number that corresponded to that level of threat. Kevin told us that one reason he was bringing this rule in was to explain why psychics and magic users have a hard time demonstrating their powers in a controlled, scientific environment.

WOW, NOW THAT IS A GREAT RULES CHANGE!! YAY!!!

I have to agree! I can't wait to get the book.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Sensorium wrote:the characters level of PPE or ISP is proportional to the supernatural treat level they are facing and they're level excitement/fear. In game terms what happens is when you encounter a certain level of supernatural treat your PPE or your ISP is multiplied by a number that corresponded to that level of threat. Kevin told us that one reason he was bringing this rule in was to explain why psychics and magic users have a hard time demonstrating their powers in a controlled, scientific environment.

Interesting, but that seems to limit mages to only using magic when they are excited/scared and facing supernatural threats.

So how do evil mages cast their spells?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Interesting, but that seems to limit mages to only using magic when they are excited/scared and facing supernatural threats.

So how do evil mages cast their spells?

The old fashioned ways of sacrifice, covens, and aligning themselves with the supernatural. It's not as limiting as you might think. In fact, it provides for a damn good reason for a mage interested in power to cultivate supernatural allies. By himself, the mage is indeed limited. Surrounded by his allies and minions, he's a force to be reckoned with.
Insert 400 character limit here.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

jeffkevlar wrote:...I'm starting to itch for my copy of BTS2.
they have creams for that you know!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”