Can I mix BtS with a Slasher flick based Game?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What do you think about mixing BtS with Slasher flick?

I Known 2 thing Survival of all Players is Not a Foregone conclusion!
more then Half of the Group are fated to die with only one Survivor.

the other thing is Group must be in a Isolated place!

How wood you make the Killed?
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

I wouldn't agree... a a player, I generally dislike the concept of the disposable character ... that's why I found Paranoia limited, and never got much involved in CoC...

Of course, you could set up a one shot along those lines, if you've got players who'll go along... but do you intend to make it inot a campaign? (well, I guess that mini campaign is the most it could last)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Therumancer wrote:I recommend a differant system for that kind of game. Something like CoC. In BTS the PCs are usually hunters of the supernatural and brimming with their own powers. Something like "Jason" would probably get it's head handed to it. He had his hands full with a single psychic girl, never mind a whole team of psychics working in concert against him.

>>>----Therumancer--->

You can easily do it though. Just have them do creation as a normal person. Have them roll their stats and roll on the education table and the character is done. No Psi-Powers, no magic, instant victims ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

it sounds like a cool idea although I know nothing about bts so i don't know how it would work in this setting. but I know i'd enjoy it even if I knew my character would die.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Jason is only a zombie.

Freddy Krueger with his Dream powers can go against Arcanist and Psychics!

I will need to get the nightbane:between the shadows to get info on the living nightmare that is what Freddy is.

One more thing What do you think about the nightmare lord from the Shadow board site?

I may make one Freddy,s BOSS!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I think the Reapers from Nightbane world book4: Shadows of light page43 to 47 can wokr in BtS!

What do you think?

Can I use IT?
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

In regards to supernaturally powered slashers, any properly made and played super powered character can do the trick. Imagine a serial killer with the powers of Superman. Now imagine how BTS characters would view something like that...

Other than that, I'd let the players know in advance that its a slasher game. That way people know whether or not they want to play and can help create the proper mood.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”