Boxed nightmares

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

Boxed nightmares

Unread post by Thom001 »

Hey everyone, I recently added boxed nightmares on my Xmas list for the annual sale. I know very little about it, but any chance i can to get more BTS related stuff is a win in my book. My package hasn't arrived yet, but I'm curious, what is it like?

Also are there any other discontinued books by palladium or maybe stuff in Rifters/any other game system, or really anywhere that you guys recommend for BTS related content? Thanks.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Boxed nightmares

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Mr. Jays wrote:Check this out

http://www.houseofbts.net/btsbooks.html

I appreciate you posting this. I should try to advertise my own stuff a little better. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
blackaeon
D-Bee

Unread post by blackaeon »

Having just picked up the book recently myself, I'm super pleased at how great the adventures inside are; the only complaint that I can think of is that the After Midnight tabloid supplement isn't an attached pamphlet, but printed inside the main book, but even that isn't a big deal at all.

As far as good Rifter content for BTS, issues 20, 36, 39, 40, 44, 45, and 53 are my personal faves, but most of the BTS articles in those are pretty rad. And thanks for the link to the BTS stuff!
"A frog and a packrat mixed together is pretty much a cat" - Liblet Thumblejump

www.realplaygamespod.com is where my friends and I play a bunch of TTRPG games, including a bunch of Palladium ones!
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

blackaeon wrote:Having just picked up the book recently myself, I'm super pleased at how great the adventures inside are; the only complaint that I can think of is that the After Midnight tabloid supplement isn't an attached pamphlet, but printed inside the main book, but even that isn't a big deal at all.

There is a work around if you're willing as ordering it on drivethrurpg.com would let you print up the specific pages of the newspaper if you needed it. Click here to check it out.

As far as good Rifter content for BTS, issues 20, 36, 39, 40, 44, 45, and 53 are my personal faves, but most of the BTS articles in those are pretty rad. And thanks for the link to the BTS stuff!

Some of those include my scribes, so I'm glad you like them. Its worth noting that some of my scribes from these books will show up in the Creature Feature sourcebook, all expanded on and updated.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I love to see A Update on NPCs in it.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

blackaeon wrote:Having just picked up the book recently myself, I'm super pleased at how great the adventures inside are; the only complaint that I can think of is that the After Midnight tabloid supplement isn't an attached pamphlet, but printed inside the main book, but even that isn't a big deal at all.

My only complaint was that the newspaper stories had a little note next to them saying what adventure they were for. I would have preferred that information to have just been left in the game book so the players wouldn't know which stories were the game-related ones, and which stories GMs used to make their own adventures. I don't know if later printings fixed that or not.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”