Supplements

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

daddystabz
Wanderer

Supplements

Unread post by daddystabz »

Are the Tome Grotesque and Tome Arcanum likely to ever be released? How long have they been in development? I am assuming the first is a bestiary and the latter a magic sourcebook, correct?

I am interested in resources for the the 2e version of this game.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Supplements

Unread post by The Beast »

daddystabz wrote:Are the Tome Grotesque and Tome Arcanum likely to ever be released?

I've said it once before, and I'll say it again.

How long have they been in development?

Supposedly since 2005.

I am assuming the first is a bestiary and the latter a magic sourcebook, correct?

In theory, yes.

You might be better off finding a used copy of the first edition and figuring out how to convert the monsters to 2nd ed from there.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Supplements

Unread post by eliakon »

daddystabz wrote:Are the Tome Grotesque and Tome Arcanum likely to ever be released? How long have they been in development? I am assuming the first is a bestiary and the latter a magic sourcebook, correct?

The ones in bold are the ones that I would say are the most important.

For monsters I would recommend (in order)
Dark Conversions (Rifts)
Conversion Book 1revised (Rifts)
China 1 Demons, undead, goblins, ghosts, spirts... the works(Rifts)
Mystic Russia [demons, weres, witches and more] (Rifts)
Creatures of Chaos [tons of demons] (Chaos Earth)
Mad Haven [entities] (Rifts) (the entities even have official conversion stats)
Dead Reign (especially the main book) [zombies] (Dead Reign) (I would recommend toning down the head shot rules and such)
Dinosaur Swamp Adventures [ghost soldiers] (Rifts)
Dinosaur Swamp [the magnificently creepy haunting children] (Rifts)

For Magic, you want stuff that is a bit more on the subtle or horrific side
Through the Glass Darkly [dark and creepy magic, highly recommended] (Night Bane)
Mystic Russia [witches, necromancers, nature mages, mystics of several stripes...] (Rifts)
Rise of Chaos [semi-intuitve mages that dont quite know what they are doing] (Chaos Earth)

There are also a number of Rifter Articles that were written for BTS2, one of which is an official Tome Grotesque monster!
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”