Which do you find creepier?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which is creepier?

Shark eyes?
32%
No eyes?
68%

Total votes: 28

Cybermancer
Hero

Re: Which do you find creepier?

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Well, as you already know, I'm a shark eyes supporter. :) It can be creepy but it can also be plain cool looking. At least in my humble opinion.

And there's always the possibility of being confused with Black Eyed Children. Definitely worth a look if you're into creepy and black eyes. :)
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Shark eyes... empty sockets (while ugly to look at) don't really unnerve me as much as trying to look into a shark's (or a doll's) soulless eyes.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

No eyes because it is so unnatural. That's the essence of creepy, to rip you out of your comfort zone. While a shark is scary it is not creepy.
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

If I saw somebody with "shark eyes" I might do a double take but then assume that they were wearing some kind of contact lens. If someone had actual holes in eye sockets there no easy way to fake that so that would freak me out. I would probably wonder why they didn't cover them up with a patch or glass eyes.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Shark eyes are most definitely creepier...especially when the nictitating membranes roll over the eyes for protection.

Empty sockets are one thing, but static...stare into a freaky shark eye is freaky enough and then a gooey membrane ratchets up the eeew factor. And just think...the membrane can be something even more distressing than plain white.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Empty eye sockets would be pretty creepy to me. No eye sockets at all (like a featureless mannequin) would be even creepier.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Shark eyes. Lifeless, doll-like eyes. Creature's like that don't seem to be living... Until they bite you, and those black eyes roll over white... And then you hear that terrible, high-pitched screaming.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Actually the most creepiest thing in this thread is that by internet convention, in all likelyhood Petite Elfgirl is a 300lb 40 year old male that currently has some type of stain on his shirt.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Anthar wrote:Actually the most creepiest thing in this thread is that by internet convention, in all likelyhood Petite Elfgirl is a 300lb 40 year old male that currently has some type of stain on his shirt.

True, but that also sounds like me. :P
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

mrloucifer wrote:
Anthar wrote:Actually the most creepiest thing in this thread is that by internet convention, in all likelyhood Petite Elfgirl is a 300lb 40 year old male that currently has some type of stain on his shirt.

So... you're Petite Elfgirl, Mr. L? :P
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
mrloucifer

Hibik wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:

A gentleman wouldn't ask a lady such a question.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

mrloucifer wrote:
Hibik wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:

A gentleman wouldn't ask a lady such a question.

Nobody here but us vandals.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Petite Elfgirl wrote:

lol

"In all likelihood . . ."

Well, to be honest, I'm not an "elf" in the sense that I have none of the stereotypical elven features, i.e., pointed ears, relationship with Nature, incredibly long lived (closer to 20 than I am 40), I shave various parts of my body, (checks shirt first), no stains, and I am 5' and 100 lbs. Petite as defined by the dictionary.

In regards to Palladium's elves, maybe I'm not petite, but by J.R.R. Tolkien's, I am, I think. And if someone can have a screen name like "Tinker Dragoon," I figure I'm okay. :)

So, do you have a preference to which you find creepier out of shark eyes or no eyes at all, Anthar?

And thanks everyone for your contributions, ideas, and your reasoning why you might find one creepier than the other. :-D :ok:

Oh I wasn't saying that you were, I was just commenting on the general tendencies of some. ;)

As for the eyes, shark eyes. Just the deep black nothing that you see when you look into them is just creepy.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

While the black, souless shark eyes are creepy (and quite absently deadly), there is just something about a creature not having any eyes at all that is horrific. CREEEPY!
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”