Accepting Horror Story Submissions

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Accepting Horror Story Submissions

Unread post by Lord Z »

I thought my BtS peeps would want to know.

My wife and two partners together run a website for writers. They have recently decided to begin self-publishing. Their first upcoming self-published book will be a compilation of short horror stories. Although this is partly done to promote their own work, they are also accepting unsolicited submissions. They are willing to pay actual money for accepted stories. Fiction must be completely original (so nothing Palladium-derived, please), follow the guidelines, between 1000 and 6000 words, and must be received by July 1st. The book is due out in the autumn of 2012, just in time for the horror conventions.

Link for full details
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Accepting Horror Story Submissions

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Hmm, I may have to break out the old typing fingers and see what I got. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Interesting, thanks for sharing the info.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

This is just a reminder that the submission process is still open. Submissions have only been trickling in thus far.

Okay, this is not just a reminder. It is also a shameful plug. Trinity Gateways author and Rifter Zero contributor L. J. Gastineau (Mrs. Lord Z) has released her first novel. It's a young adult ebook, a retelling of Snow White, entitled Frozen Reflection. It's available for purchase through Lulu, Kindle, Smashwords, and hopefully soon; iBookstore, Nook, and DriveThruFiction. Cover art is illustrated by Steve Young, NPC co-host of the Dragon's Landing podcast.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Good news for contributors -- the submission deadline has been pushed back to August 1st. Trinity Gateways has already received about 20 or so submissions, so the August 1st deadline is very likely to be the final deadline.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”