Outsourcing to Mystic China

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Outsourcing to Mystic China

Unread post by Sir Neil »

I was re-reading my collection and was reminded how useful a Chun Tzu or Nei Chia Wu Shih can be to a 1e BTS confrontation. They start with saving throw bonuses against horror and possession. A 1st level Gui Long fencer with Enlightenment Strike could force out a possessing entity in one round with no save, as opposed to the 36+ minutes a psychic healer required. If they were Nei Chia they might be able to follow up with the ceremony of unction or fulfilling of the vow to prevent reentry.

A fighter could use Ba Gua or Shao Lin's Yin-Yang Chi kata or Gui Long to damage incorporeal beings, comparing favorably to 2e Ghost Hunters and Mediums. Other useful powers include horror factor bonuses from Control Revulsion or Sung Chi, and the supernatural attacks Radiate Positive Chi or Chi Ball.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Outsourcing to Mystic China

Unread post by Rogerd »

They would likely be better suited to being in Nightbane to be honest.

Same goes for Ninjas and Superspies which was the world Pre-Dark Day, at least in my head.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”