New Books when???

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: New Books when???

Unread post by Shark_Force »

a book that is "coming out next week" could be literally coming out next week... or months (possibly over a year) from now. a book that is "next in the pipeline" could get pushed back repeatedly and be *years* off. you can get all worked up about it if you want, but it won't do you any good. you may as well just accept that the books will come when they come, and be aware that Kevin's estimates are often quite optimistic.

there are 3 basic states of book publication that (imo) you should pay attention to when it comes to palladium:

- already available
- physically at the printer (and will likely be available in a month or less)
- everything else

now, you may be thinking something along the lines of "isn't there a difference between 'Kevin is working on it right now', 'it is the next book Kevin will be working on', and 'someone submitted a manuscript and it will probably get a green light'", just to name a few other potential states a book might be in, but I wouldn't pay much attention to any of them. Kevin works on a lot of things. I have no doubt that he really *wants* to get books published at an incredible pace. I think he genuinely believes that when he starts working on a book, he'll be done in a month or less. it very, *very* rarely happens, and hasn't happened at all in many years.

now, if you really want to, you can try and split that "everything else" category into as many smaller categories as you want. I certainly can't stop you, and frankly I'm not interested in trying even if I could. but you're probably going to spend a lot of time frustrated and angry if you do that.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Re: New Books when???

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Release schedules are just a mild suggestion.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”