Nightbane Update

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

blackaeon
D-Bee

Re: Nightbane Update

Unread post by blackaeon »

Honestly, updates or at least some kind of 'sliding scale' mechanism for the time frame on Nightbane are something I've been putting a lot of thought into recently, as well as unpinning the Wave from Dead Reign to one temporal point. I don't know if it'd be necessary to do a re-work on Nightbane, since you can just kind of plug the happenings like the rise of the Preserver Party and Dark Day itself into pertinent dates in-game; I feel any sort of 'near-future' game functions best when it takes place constantly 'x' years in the future. The content within Nightbane, by and large, is evergreen, so pinning it to an actual temporal timeline seems like a bad idea for me. Systems Failure? Yeah, pinning it to 2000 makes sense, but I also know it's basically defunct at this point, so having it stand as an artifact to the era is fine. Nightbane, and to a lesser extent some settings for other Palladium games like Century Station in HU2, should probably just be presented as 'near future' situations to extend longevity and reduce the need for further re-writes later on still. Updating some of the Morphus tables to reflect more modern trends isn't very hard either. I just don't know if the effort put in would be worth the intrinsic value others would derive from it, and I'm cooking on a lot of other burners right now.
"A frog and a packrat mixed together is pretty much a cat" - Liblet Thumblejump

www.realplaygamespod.com is where my friends and I play a bunch of TTRPG games, including a bunch of Palladium ones!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”