Where to start with Palladium Megaverse?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

anastasiaforster
Newb

Where to start with Palladium Megaverse?

Unread post by anastasiaforster »

I've heard a lot about Palladium Megaverse books and I wanted to check it out. However, I'm totally overwhelmed with number of publications Palladium has made.

Where to start? What to read first?
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Re: Where to start with Palladium Megaverse?

Unread post by Father Goose »

This feels strangely familiar...

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=167737
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is a Core book for each of the PB games.

As in what you are saying are "settings" are really separate games.

To quote the Rifts Conversion Book 1r page 7
"These other worlds are not an official part of the Rifts game setting and are stand-alone games that all use the same basic set of RPG rules."
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Welcome to the forums, anastasiaforster!

A good starting point for Palladium games is Dead Reign. The setting is straightforward, subsystems central to other games such as magic and psionics are absent, there are a relatively limited number of supplemental books, and not only are some of them of quite recent first publication, I believe they're on sale. A spooOOOoooky sale.

From there, provided one is into superheroes, I'd consider checking out Heroes Unlimited. It provides a good exposure to most of the aforementioned subsystems, and while any setting information is primarily found outside the core book there are enough examples of comic book settings out there that one can cobble something together well enough.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”