Palladium Books Fiction Platforms

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Palladium Books Fiction Platforms

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

There's a lot of money in the Indie Fiction market, and IMO Palladium has some of the best Intellectual Properties to shift in that direction. The current course (Re-edited and republished RIFTS Novels, new RIFTS novels, and collecting serialized fiction from the RIFTERS into Paperback and/or Drive Thru Fiction PDF's is a great change up and I give them all the credit in the world for taking the first steps.

That said, there's so much more to be done.

What Palladium needs to do on the fiction front is Audiobooks and cross platforming Digital/PDF/Paperback versions.

There's a lot of money in the Audio market, and it's super easy to get done. Way easier than writing/editing/publishing physical/digital books. The best option is using Amazon's ACX service. Out of ll the Audiobook production company's I've used, it's the best, and it's pretty much the only one unless you're a massive publisher.

They should also cross distribute without using a middle man. Services like Smashwords and Draft 2 Digital allow you to publish on all major platforms without doing the leg work for a miniscule cut.

Platform published to include but are not limited- to:

- Amazon
- Barnes and Noble
- Kobo
- Apple Books
- Scrib
- Google Books
- Many other smaller platforms

Only Drive-Thru Fiction, where the books are already published, will need to be separately uploaded.

This process is all as close to easy money as you can get in the fiction industry.

I genuinely hope Palladium takes these next steps, and I am offering my services (free of charge o strings) heling with a move to these other outlets and formats.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Palladium Books Fiction Platforms

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I was thinking that the best bet would be if we could find a small-time publisher who could convince Kevin that they'd keep the content appropriate, and handle all the publishing and such, in exchange for a nice slice of the profits.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Killer Cyborg wrote:I was thinking that the best bet would be if we could find a small-time publisher who could convince Kevin that they'd keep the content appropriate, and handle all the publishing and such, in exchange for a nice slice of the profits.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Yeah, I doubt that would happen.

Still, it's really easy to do.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Josh Hilden
Adventurer

oks
desrocfc wrote:Not knowing the gazz-in-tas or gazz-out-as of publishing, is this not essentially a licensing agreement Palladium would have to agree to? Even then, as much as I'd like to see more Rifts fiction published through brick and mortar outlets, not sure what small-time publisher would be able to handle their IP.

I almost wonder if they couldn't create something akin to the Black Library for the Warhammer 40k IP? They have solid B&M distribution, as well as digital and audio.

Not really.

A licensing agreement would usually mean the secondary company would be producing content BASED on the original intellectual property, such as when Palladium had the Robotech and TMNT licenses or how Pinnacle is producing Savage RIFTS books.

They could easily do a Black Library type setup, which is akin to my point.

To be brutally honest, except for boutique setups, brick and mortar book stores are either dead or on life support. Most publishing income is based on online sales. That said, Palladium has an existing physical media distribution setup. That can be used to distribute the fiction paperbacks.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”