Return of the Rifts Novels!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

Return of the Rifts Novels!

Unread post by Hotrod »

From the Weekly Update

...It will be followed in a week or two by the re-edited and improved three original Rifts® Novels from the 1990's, one every two weeks or so.

I find the prospect of Rifts Fiction to be intriguing. My understanding had been that Kevin had little interest in doing more with novels based on his RPGs.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kaid
Knight

Re: Return of the Rifts Novels!

Unread post by kaid »

Hotrod wrote:From the Weekly Update

...It will be followed in a week or two by the re-edited and improved three original Rifts® Novels from the 1990's, one every two weeks or so.

I find the prospect of Rifts Fiction to be intriguing. My understanding had been that Kevin had little interest in doing more with novels based on his RPGs.

That's very nice to hear. Those were actually pretty fun books but the editing issues and typos were distracting so cleaning those up and reissuing them is a good idea.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Glad to hear it. Have read the first 2 but could not find the 3rd one. Also glad to hear the back story on what went on with these books. And I did enjoy reading them. Hope some more new novels come out in the future.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I'd love some books of all sorts; Nightbane, Rifts, Palladium Fantasy etc. Who has the books from the Rifters?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I could see throwing a couple of bucks at a pdf of a compilation of Hammer of the Forge if Charles Walton came up with a couple of pieces, and there were rules-legal versions of a few of the NPCs in the back. (edit spelling)
Last edited by Curbludgeon on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Focus
D-Bee

Unread post by Eddie Focus »

Josh Hilden wrote:They should do the republish through Amazin.

I agree with Josh. The KDP system is ripe for this kind of thing. Plus the LitRPG genre is crazy right now.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Sureshot wrote:I have them already yet if they do go through a proper editing process I may buy them a second time either in print of PDF.

I believe the versions currently available on DriveThruRPG are newly-revised.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Unread post by desrocfc »

Despite the bumpy start the original trilogy had, I always thought that the lack of a fiction library hurt Palladium Books more than it helped. Understanding the possible "once burned, twice shy" effect, and the effort these take to produce/edit, I would have loved to have seen more novels published; particularly next to all the Star Wars and 40k novels out there.
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

desrocfc wrote:Despite the bumpy start the original trilogy had, I always thought that the lack of a fiction library hurt Palladium Books more than it helped. Understanding the possible "once burned, twice shy" effect, and the effort these take to produce/edit, I would have loved to have seen more novels published; particularly next to all the Star Wars and 40k novels out there.

Well, stay tuned then, because a new Rifts novel is coming soon to DriveThruRPG.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Hotrod wrote:
desrocfc wrote:Despite the bumpy start the original trilogy had, I always thought that the lack of a fiction library hurt Palladium Books more than it helped. Understanding the possible "once burned, twice shy" effect, and the effort these take to produce/edit, I would have loved to have seen more novels published; particularly next to all the Star Wars and 40k novels out there.

Well, stay tuned then, because a new Rifts novel is coming soon to DriveThruRPG.

Really?

I don't buy the games anymore but I'd pick up some fiction. This is some good news.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Josh Hilden wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

Really?

I don't buy the games anymore but I'd pick up some fiction. This is some good news.

Yep, "Duty's Edge" by yours truly. It's been mentioned in the last several Weekly Updates.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”